ImageImage

Detroit and Atlanta have engaged in talks on a trade centered on Andre Drummond

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Re: Detroit and Atlanta have engaged in talks on a trade centered on Andre Drummond 

Post#101 » by CP War Hawks » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:11 pm

Would have been super pissed if they gave that Nets pick for Drummond.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Re: Detroit and Atlanta have engaged in talks on a trade centered on Andre Drummond 

Post#102 » by HMFFL » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:02 pm

I guess we know why he's still a Piston. Nobody must be offering a first round pick for him but the asking price will go down before the deadline unless Detroit believes he signs an extension this off-season. Not likely he does.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#103 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:19 pm

the Hawks and Pistons had been discussing a trade that would have sent Andre Drummond to Atlanta for a package headlined by Chandler Parsons‘ expiring contract and the Nets’ lottery-protected 2020 first-round pick. Multiple league sources tell O’Connor that the Hawks ended up being unwilling to include that first-rounder due to concerns about how high Drummond’s contract demands are.
Hoops Rumors

The much-discussed Drummond-to-Atlanta scenario is a good example of the limits of his trade value. While reports that the Hawks are kicking the tires on such a deal are true, the reality is that he doesn’t pair well with John Collins, isn’t an elite rim runner to pair with Trae Young and sure as heck isn’t a floor-spacing threat. He’ll get every rebound, and that has value … just not $27 million of value.
The Athletic
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#104 » by VCfor3 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:33 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
the Hawks and Pistons had been discussing a trade that would have sent Andre Drummond to Atlanta for a package headlined by Chandler Parsons‘ expiring contract and the Nets’ lottery-protected 2020 first-round pick. Multiple league sources tell O’Connor that the Hawks ended up being unwilling to include that first-rounder due to concerns about how high Drummond’s contract demands are.
Hoops Rumors

The much-discussed Drummond-to-Atlanta scenario is a good example of the limits of his trade value. While reports that the Hawks are kicking the tires on such a deal are true, the reality is that he doesn’t pair well with John Collins, isn’t an elite rim runner to pair with Trae Young and sure as heck isn’t a floor-spacing threat. He’ll get every rebound, and that has value … just not $27 million of value.
The Athletic

Good to see the FO not making moves just for the sake of making moves/shaking things up/appeasing Trae.
snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 2,523

Post#105 » by snowman » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:02 pm

Coming in peace from the Boston board.

I have a question, and I would appreciate some feed back on. I know that Chandler was rumored to be in this deal, so don't know if there is still some interest or not, after his accident. But in the case there was, I have trade idea for you guys.

Boston trades the 23rd overall (currently) 1st round pick (Boston's own), along with the 30th overall pick (currently) (from Milwaukee) along with the 44th overall (currently) (from Brooklyn) to Atlanta

Atlanta trades the 15th overall pick (from Brooklyn) to Boston

Why for Atlanta:
Atlanta gets a 2 1/2 for 1, and is able to give Detroit, Milwaukee's 1st round pick in the Drummond trade, and still have a second pick in the first round with the Boston pick and an additional 2nd round pick.

Why for Boston:
Boston has 3 1st round picks plus a 2nd round pick in this draft. Boston also currently 5 rookies on their roster along with 2 more as 2 ways. This allows Boston to consolidate picks, with out having to draft and stash overseas.

Just an idea, was wondering if this was a possibility. Thanks in advance for your time.
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#106 » by Radioblacktive1 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:46 pm

Think we’ve moved far away from trading for Drummond at this point
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,934

Post#107 » by jayu70 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:49 pm

snowman wrote:Coming in peace from the Boston board.

I have a question, and I would appreciate some feed back on. I know that Chandler was rumored to be in this deal, so don't know if there is still some interest or not, after his accident. But in the case there was, I have trade idea for you guys.

Boston trades the 23rd overall (currently) 1st round pick (Boston's own), along with the 30th overall pick (currently) (from Milwaukee) along with the 44th overall (currently) (from Brooklyn) to Atlanta

Atlanta trades the 15th overall pick (from Brooklyn) to Boston

Why for Atlanta:
Atlanta gets a 2 1/2 for 1, and is able to give Detroit, Milwaukee's 1st round pick in the Drummond trade, and still have a second pick in the first round with the Boston pick and an additional 2nd round pick.

Why for Boston:
Boston has 3 1st round picks plus a 2nd round pick in this draft. Boston also currently 5 rookies on their roster along with 2 more as 2 ways. This allows Boston to consolidate picks, with out having to draft and stash overseas.

Just an idea, was wondering if this was a possibility. Thanks in advance for your time.

Drummond is asking for too much money on a new deal that Hawks are unwilling to pay, so chances are Drummond nay walk as a FA even if we trade for him.
No sense diluting the 15th pick.
snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 2,523

Post#108 » by snowman » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:24 pm

Thanks for the input guys, greatly apricated.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#109 » by HMFFL » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:04 am

Drummond playing on TNT right now playing behind the basket out if bounds, not crashing the boards, and bows down when someone drives on him. Hmmmm

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Atlanta Hawks