ImageImage

Joel Embiid trade

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Joel Embiid trade 

Post#1 » by atlantabbq99 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:19 am

This is just a rumor but most of the time rumors end up being true anyways.

There are people around the league who are wondering if the Philadelphia 76ers are going to pursue a Joel Embiid trade after this season ends, according to Brian Windhorst of ESPN.

https://clutchpoints.com/sixers-rumors-rival-teams-starting-to-prepare-for-possibility-of-76ers-trading-joel-embiid/

If I were the sixer i would rather trade Simmons than Embiid, but the sixers front office probably knows something we don't.

Embiid is a weird guy, but talent wise, he is a top five player in the NBA today for most people and a top ten player for all who follow basketball.

Hawks can offer anybody but Trae. The principle trading pieces would be Embiid for the Hawks' unprotected 2020 first round pick and any other assets to throw in, maybe Clint Capela or somebody else.

Trae and Embiid and some decent coaching should make the Hawks into a top 3 team in the east instantly.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,008

Re: Joel Embiid trade 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:41 am

Just incase some don't know his contract numbers. I would think we must make an offer if he becomes available this offseason.

Joel Embiid
2020-21: $29,290,000
2021-22: $31,310,000
2022-23: $33,616,770

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#3 » by Radioblacktive1 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:45 am

Embiid is definitely the guy you trade over Simmons. Simmons honestly is a consistent jumper away from being a perfect player but since he can’t shoot, you trade Embiid for some snipers and the Sixers win with an unstoppable drive-and-kick game. Embiid slows things down too much and couple that with the lack of shooting on the team overall, you’re better off allowing Simmons to set people up for good looks.

That said, I wouldn’t hate a trade for Embiid but I also wouldn’t be in a hurry to do something like that, especially at the cost of our core.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#4 » by D21 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:28 am

I don't believe it, even when he was outperforming from a invidual POV in the last playoffs, PHI was absolutely dominating the game when he was on the floor, and they destroyed in few minutes and blow each lead when Monroe entered.
They had to things to fix, not playing Monroe, and keeping Reddick or adding two shooters. That was their main problem, and it's still the main problem.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#5 » by ATL Boy » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:08 am

You collect assets and young talent so that you can trade for a player of Embiid's caliber if he ever hits the trading block. We should absolutely be at the negotiating table, offering anything but Trae.

That being said, I'd be surprised if they ended up deciding to move on from Embiid.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#6 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:23 am

I can't stand this kid, but if he becomes available, you have to at least sit down to negotiate for him. He's supremely talented...even if he is an immature Prima donna as well.

#TheProcessisaStupidNickname

Return to Atlanta Hawks