!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Re: OT: 2020 NFL Draft HQ 

Post#22 » by HMFFL » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:29 am

Both Davidson and Hennessy said they're open to playing multiple positions. I'm excited to have Davidson on the team.

Davidson, Hennessy on second day of NFL draft

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ajc.com/sports/football/falcons-select-auburn-marlon-davidson/PEPkm8jwP20baQytJWnJqN/amp.html

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Post#23 » by atlantabbq99 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:46 am

I don't like the Marlon Davidson pick. Everything about Davidson's game is the same as Hageman, alot of power, very stiff and no bend.

They should have taken Epenesa. Epenesa has better bend, speed and burst and can play both DE and DT like Davidson

Falcons need to get Curtis Weaver with the next pick. He is the last elite pass rusher on the board. Weaver has the best bend of all the edge prospects, and if you like Neil Smith, then you will love Weaver's game.

Falcons had the fewest sacks last year and it won't matter how good your corners are, when the opposing QB will have 6-7 seconds in the pocket like last year.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#24 » by CP War Hawks » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:20 am

HMFFL wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter
Why???
!!!!!!

Falcons look to be going need the first 3 rounds, and perhaps bpa rest of the way. Henny seems to be the heir apparent to Mack who is physically declining a bit. Davidson looks like a poorer man's Jarrett whos long term future is unclear.

They obviously have a small 1-2 year window for the SB so I don't mind going need to this point. Kick the tires on Fromm or Eason for value with one of the 4th rounders. I remember they drafted Schaub late 3rd rd. and flipped him later to the Texans for two 2nd rounders.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#25 » by HMFFL » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:08 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:I don't like the Marlon Davidson pick. Everything about Davidson's game is the same as Hageman, alot of power, very stiff and no bend.

They should have taken Epenesa. Epenesa has better bend, speed and burst and can play both DE and DT like Davidson

Falcons need to get Curtis Weaver with the next pick. He is the last elite pass rusher on the board. Weaver has the best bend of all the edge prospects, and if you like Neil Smith, then you will love Weaver's game.

Falcons had the fewest sacks last year and it won't matter how good your corners are, when the opposing QB will have 6-7 seconds in the pocket like last year.

I thought Epensa would have been the pick since we seemed to be so high on him but that could have been a smokescreen.

I like Curtis Weaver so I hope he's an option when we pick next but we probably need to move up to assure we get him.

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#26 » by HMFFL » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:46 pm

#119 Atlanta
MYKAL WALKER

FRESNO STATE

LB

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Post#27 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:58 am

Another bad draft by the Falcons. Dimitroff has shown he has no skill at player evaluations and continues to draft the same type of player over and over again who cannot produce on the pro level. Dimitroff is so poor at drafting, I cannot remember him selecting a non-first rounder that ended up being good, besides Hooper, Jarrett, and Jones.

Dimitroff always ends up drafting stiff DL who can't get a sack. Which shows why the Falcons are last place in sacks for the last 5 years.

Dimitroff doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes and keeps drafting the wrong players for the NFL.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#28 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:02 pm

^Dan Quinn has final say over personnel. There's a reason we've gone from drafting Matt Ryan's, Julio Jones to reaching for mediocre players that a fit a need.

It's Dan Quinn making poor decisions to win now...
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#29 » by HMFFL » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:19 pm

Sterling Hofrichter ‘really wanted to go to’ Falcons; why SU’s punter found optimal fit

“I talked to the Falcons quite a bit before the draft,” Hofrichter said. “They were the team that kind of reached out to me the most and they were the team that I really wanted to go to.”

Hofrichter is a lifelong Braves fan. He said he chose to wear No. 10 as an upperclassman in Central New York because of Chipper Jones, a fellow Central Florida native. And he’s excited to experience “the Atlanta lifestyle.”

More pertinent to his professional career: Hofrichter joins a franchise that saw four punters take at least six punts in 2019. Ryan Allen, who was signed midseason and appeared in eight games last year, is the only other punter on Atlanta’s roster after Sam Irwin-Hill was released on Friday. Allen averaged a career-low 41.9 yards in 2019, but landed 14 of his 28 attempts inside the opposing 20-yard line.

Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff and head coach Dan Quinn said on a conference call that they were set on taking a punter going into the draft. The former thought there were three prospects in the player pool who were worth drafting. He nabbed Hofrichter second after Texas A&M’s Braden Mann went to the New York Jets in the fifth round.
“We were focused on a punter and we thought it was the best move for us to take Sterling Hofrichter from Syracuse,” Dimitroff said. "Really good athlete. He’s got a big leg and if you watch how it pops off of his leg, his ability to hang it in there, he is deserving of being picked in the seventh round for sure.

https://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2020/04/sterling-hofrichter-really-wanted-to-go-to-falcons-why-sus-punter-found-optimal-fit.html?outputType=amp

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#30 » by HMFFL » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:17 pm

I only like the Marlon Davidson and Jaylinn Hawkins picks. Im not happy about the results of our draft.

Tampa Bay and New Orleans have been veey productive.

Return to Atlanta Hawks