ImageImage

Prospect Spotlight -- Tyrese Haliburton

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Is Ty Haliburton worth a lottery selection for our Hawks?

No way we're spending a top-10 pick on another PG
16%
Yes! The defense, shooting & playmaking are a perfect fit
53%
Maybe. Depends on who else is still available
32%

Total votes: 19

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Re: Prospect Spotlight -- Tyrese Haliburton 

Post#101 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:51 am

Read on Twitter
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#102 » by Spud2nique » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:46 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Gramps vouched for him and a bunch of others. He’s solid I’m not mad at all. I always love it when they throw out the word “savant”. 5 tool kid. Funky release but it seems like a lot of player since Lonzo have been coming in with funky releases. Didn’t have that as much a while back.

1. Okongwu
2. Haliburton
3. Okoro
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#103 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:59 pm

Kirschner's take is that the Hawks' first tier is Avdija, Haliburton and Okongwu, but because he's persuaded that Avdija will likely be gone by #6, his sense is that it will come down to the latter two, and of those two, Haliburton is slightly favored.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#104 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:13 am

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#105 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:04 am

graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Post#106 » by graymule » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:37 pm

:D

My west coast team and Haliburton looking good!

Go Kings ! (When you're not playing the Hawks!)

:nod:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#107 » by Spud2nique » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:14 pm

graymule wrote::D

My west coast team and Haliburton looking good!

Go Kings ! (When you're not playing the Hawks!)

:nod:

Gramps you’re like me in 1990. Hawks always first but Kings were my fav west coast because they got out lil Spud playing with the Rock, Mitch in sac town. He’s a player for sure Gramps he looks very comfortable out there and like others had mentioned, seems like a comfortable transition to the pro game.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#108 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:33 pm

Did We Get the 2020 NBA Draft Class All Wrong?

Tyrese Haliburton (Sacramento Kings, PG/SG)

Biggest early surprise: Scoring

The intrigue with Tyrese Haliburton out of Iowa State stemmed from his special passing IQ. The drawback: his lack of burst to beat defenders and a strange shooting release that had scouts questioning how effectively he'd get his shot off against NBA defenses.

In four games as a Sacramento King, he's quickly managed to squash the predraft concerns about his scoring. It's not surprising to see him lead all rookies in assists (5.3), but he's one of four to average double figures in points (10.5), joining three of the top four picks.

He's 8-of-16 from behind the arc, making threes with plenty of distance using the same funky mechanics from college. And without much speed or bounce, he's also 6-of-9 inside the arc, picking his spots wisely and converting on his runners and touch shots around the key.

Haliburton just gave the Kings a huge fourth-quarter lift Tuesday with his shot-making and playmaking that helped sink the Denver Nuggets. While he was considered one of the more NBA-ready rookies, given how passing and IQ typically translate, that he's been able to score and shoot without much trouble has likely caused a number of 2020 lottery teams to already start feeling regret.
Bleacher Report

Tyrese Haliburton has a message for critics after showing he deserved to be picked higher in the NBA draft

It felt like EVERYBODY knew it the moment Tyrese Haliburton’s name was read as the Sacramento Kings’ pick at No. 12 in the 2020 NBA draft: it was a HUGE steal for the franchise.

Since then, the Iowa State guard has proven it in the first four games of his NBA career. Right out of the gate, he’s averaged 10.5 ppg, 5.3 apg and has shot 50 percent (!) from beyond the arc (!!) and 56 percent overall. On Tuesday, in an upset of the Denver Nuggets, he had 13 points, six dimes and three steals.

The hype is officially here. And Haliburton had a message for anyone who criticized his funky-looking jumper:

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
USA Today Sports
graymule
Bench Warmer

Post#109 » by graymule » Fri Jan 1, 2021 6:12 pm

My favorite west coast team looking good! Thanks Tyrese!
Go Hawks and Kings!!

:wink:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#110 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:16 pm

This kid is looking pretty great. He'd be a perfect backup PG right now, learning from Rondo and filling in for Young Trae.

Read on Twitter
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#111 » by Spud2nique » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:53 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:This kid is looking pretty great. He'd be a perfect backup PG right now, learning from Rondo and filling in for Young Trae.

Read on Twitter

Cue Gramps! :)
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#112 » by Spud2nique » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:55 pm

My favorite west coast team looking good! Thanks Tyrese!
Go Hawks and Kings!!

:wink:

Gramps who was the last non Hawk that you liked this much? I’ve never had one. I always wished we would have landed Gary Payton in 90. Or a Kawhi.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#113 » by CP War Hawks » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:52 am

TH is looking really nice but I'd rather have Onyeka. He already impacts the game defensively which this team needs more than anything.
graymule
Bench Warmer

Post#114 » by graymule » Wed Feb 3, 2021 1:18 pm

Over on the Kings page, there is a great film on the Western division, NBA, rookie of the month - December - January.

Tyrese Haliburton !!

Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#115 » by Spud2nique » Wed Feb 3, 2021 7:04 pm

Over on the Kings page, there is a great film on the Western division, NBA, rookie of the month - December - January.

Tyrese Haliburton !!

Great call Gramps. He’s making so much noise in Sacramento that we can hear it in the South Bay Area :D
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#116 » by Spud2nique » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:31 am

Gramps Tyrese with 5 treys and a great foul on Grant Williams with about 7 seconds to go to put a bad foul shooter on the line. They dodged a bullet but your boy had 21/4/3 and that key foul. You weren’t kidding this guy is a vet/rookie. :lol:
personanongrata
Junior
And1: 261

Post#117 » by personanongrata » Thu Feb 4, 2021 3:39 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:TH is looking really nice but I'd rather have Onyeka. He already impacts the game defensively which this team needs more than anything.

We could really, really use this guy. He can play point or shooting guard. Can hit the three. Smart, heady player.
Quite frankly, Cam Reddish might be a bust. His shooting splits are among the worst in the NBA.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#118 » by Spud2nique » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:08 pm

personanongrata wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:TH is looking really nice but I'd rather have Onyeka. He already impacts the game defensively which this team needs more than anything.

We could really, really use this guy. He can play point or shooting guard. Can hit the three. Smart, heady player.
Quite frankly, Cam Reddish might be a bust. His shooting splits are among the worst in the NBA.

Sshhh. Skeet skeet.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#119 » by CP War Hawks » Fri Feb 5, 2021 12:32 am

personanongrata wrote:

I'm looking at not the big picture but the biggest picture. There is no physical 6-9 250 specimen like Onyeka in these up coming drafts. He should develop into a two way player in the near future.

Hali is nice but it's a plethora of guys at the 2 guard in this draft that could be good fits with Trae.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#120 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Feb 5, 2021 12:37 am

Tyrese Haliburton shining for Sacramento

The Sacramento Kings might just have won the 2020 NBA Draft. Sure, the sample size is small, but guard Tyrese Haliburton -- the No. 12 pick in November's draft -- has already surfaced as a dynamic playmaker for the Kings. Just last night, Haliburton led Sacramento in plus-minus while contributing 21 points and five 3-pointers in a rousing win over the Boston Celtics.

the Iowa State product sits second among rookies behind only top pick LaMelo Ball in assists per game. He's also fourth among rookies in steals per game, and fifth in 3-point efficiency. This guy does several things very well.

Statistical balance is often overlooked if a player doesn't have a singularly loud skill, yet it's a rewarding recipe for fantasy success. Haliburton is second among rookies in minutes per game and is even closing games in clutch scenarios for coach Luke Walton.
ESPN Fantasy

Return to Atlanta Hawks