ImageImage

Prospect Spotlight -- Tyrese Haliburton

Moderators: dms269, HMFFL, Jamaaliver

Is Ty Haliburton worth a lottery selection for our Hawks?

No way we're spending a top-10 pick on another PG
25%
Yes! The defense, shooting & playmaking are a perfect fit
63%
Maybe. Depends on who else is still available
13%

Total votes: 8

graymule
Pro Prospect
And1: 994

Re: Prospect Spotlight -- Tyrese Haliburton 

Post#41 » by graymule » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:52 am

8-)

Wouldn't it be great to have this guy as Trae's backup and occasionally playing with him as the 2 guard!!

:D
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 8,730

Post#42 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:14 pm

Sam Vecenie wrote:Anyone who read what Tyrese Haliburton wrote for his social media feed after the George Floyd killing saw an intelligent, thoughtful person.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Teams that have done their background research have come away thinking similarly. Particularly, they point to his maturity and emotional intelligence. Sources have said that Haliburton will be able to adjust to just about any situation he’s put in early in his career, and will find success. Consistently, he’s come up as being one of the most impressive human beings in this class. This played a role in his move up to No. 5 on my board. More than that, though, the more tape I watch on Haliburton, the more I see pretty substantial upside if he’s able to fill out his frame with 20-25 more pounds throughout his career. I feel confident he’s going to be effective quickly in the NBA because of his diversity of skill-set as a potential secondary ballhandler. But there is some upside for more.
The Athletic
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 8,730

Post#43 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:14 pm

graymule
Pro Prospect
And1: 994

Post#44 » by graymule » Wed Jul 1, 2020 5:10 pm

kg01 wrote:This is my pick for us, if we keep the pick.

:D

Ditto. Would be a great backup PG and occasionally a 2 guard with Young!

:D :D
_s_t_u_r_t_
Sixth Man
And1: 454

Post#45 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Yesterday 1:37 am

Hollinger quote on Haliburton:
"I think Halliburton is by far the best fit. He’s a good spot-up shooter who has the size and length to guard twos, but he’s a good enough ballhandler and passer to take turns at the point when Young is out of the game. I’m high on him overall (he’s sixth on my board), and the fit with Atlanta is near-perfect. The background on him is off the charts, too. If the Hawks don’t move up in the lottery, I think he should be the prime target."

In a perfect world, we claim the #1, trade down a few slots and gain both Haliburton and another asset that can help us acquire Oladipo.

The ghosts of David Skywalker Thompson and Marvin The Human Eraser Webster have to be cheering for us.

Return to Atlanta Hawks