Is John Collins Available?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Re: Is John Collins Available? 

Post#21 » by CP War Hawks » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:30 pm

HMFFL wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Best power forward in the NBA.

1. Giannis
2. Anthony Davis
3 a.John Collins
3 b. Pascal Siakam
4. Bam Adebayo
5. Domantas Sabonis

I dunno, I’m biased.

Interesting.
I will wait to judge next season with a full season. Bam has certainly made a name for himself.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Collins is a/b/c with Bam and Dom honestly. The list is missing JJJ, Covington, Harrell, Ibaka, and Wood. But yeah, The C's messed up keeping that Memphis pick when it had so much value two years ago. Honestly they should play hard ball with John next June/July and match whatever comes his way.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#22 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:51 pm

Hawks Willing to Listen to Offers for Star Forward

The Atlanta Hawks have reportedly shown a "willingness to listen" to trade offers for forward John Collins, but the franchise's desire to win in the short term complicates the process.

Sam Amick of The Athletic reported Friday the situation is "worth watching" ahead of the March 25 NBA trade deadline, but so far it "appears unlikely" Collins will be moved.

In September, Collins told Michael Scotto of HoopsHype he viewed trade rumors as a positive.

"The trade talks I'm always aware that could be an option just because of me being an NBA player," he said. "I get it. I wasn't too hung up over that. Whenever I'm in trade talks, that's a good thing. That means other teams are seeing my value, want me, and so I try to take it as a good thing."

Trying to find a trade that would work for the Hawks without significantly hurting their chances of making the playoffs this year would be difficult, though.
Bleacher Report
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#23 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:03 pm

An excerpt of the original article at The Athletic:

Hawks and Kings could sway this year’s trade deadline

The John Collins situation in Atlanta will be worth watching as the deadline nears.

Despite the fact that he didn’t come to terms on an extension in the brief offseason, there’s a complicating element that is coming into play: He’s a pivotal part of their team right now. And considering the widely-known reality that the playoffs are a massive priority for owner Tony Ressler & Co., that makes the prospect of trading Collins quite tricky.

No matter how much interest there might be.

Entering Friday’s game against San Antonio, Collins is second on the team behind Trae Young in scoring, second behind Clint Capela in rebounding, second behind Capela in blocks, and third in minutes behind Young and DeAndre Hunter. Even if there was a quality deal to be had that added future assets, his production in the present is so crucial that it appears unlikely that he’ll be on the move. Nonetheless, sources say the Hawks have shown a willingness to listen to offers for Collins (this should surprise no one).

In the macro, where Collins’ choice to turn down an extension worth more than $90 million made it clear that he was looking for a bigger payday than the Hawks are comfortable providing, these dynamics remain the same. Collins, who is a restricted free agent this summer, sees himself as a max player and the Hawks don’t. Still, the fact that they need him right now could win out during their push for the playoffs before the process plays out in the offseason.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#24 » by Buzzard » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:36 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:An excerpt of the original article at The Athletic:

The John Collins situation in Atlanta will be worth watching as the deadline nears.

Despite the fact that he didn’t come to terms on an extension in the brief offseason, there’s a complicating element that is coming into play: He’s a pivotal part of their team right now. And considering the widely-known reality that the playoffs are a massive priority for owner Tony Ressler & Co., that makes the prospect of trading Collins quite tricky.

Entering Friday’s game against San Antonio, Collins is second on the team behind Trae Young in scoring, second behind Clint Capela in rebounding, second behind Capela in blocks, and third in minutes behind Young and DeAndre Hunter. Even if there was a quality deal to be had that added future assets, his production in the present is so crucial that it appears unlikely that he’ll be on the move. Nonetheless, sources say the Hawks have shown a willingness to listen to offers for Collins (this should surprise no one).

In the macro, where Collins’ choice to turn down an extension worth more than $90 million made it clear that he was looking for a bigger payday than the Hawks are comfortable providing, these dynamics remain the same. Collins, who is a restricted free agent this summer, sees himself as a max player and the Hawks don’t. Still, the fact that they need him right now could win out during their push for the playoffs before the process plays out in the offseason.

I think Ressler, Collins, and the coaching situations are paramount. I predicted a coaching change by the all star break if the Hawks are losing. They are 11 and 13 now with a tough schedule still to play. If they are 11 and 19 or something similar after 30 games, I think LP is let go. That choke job against the Mavericks was just as disheartening as the last play call using Trae as a screener.

I think Schlenk believes a core of Trae, Collins, and Capela should compete at close to a .500 clip. In a nutshell, these three are healthy and the Hawks should play decent with decent coaching. Now back to Collins. I think Ressler will foot the bill for Collins if that is what it takes to make the playoffs.

If its not a solid big for Collins, Collins is staying in my opinion.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#25 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:39 pm

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#26 » by Spud2nique » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:34 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Spoiler:

I’d rather lose Collins to free agency and walk away with nothing than help the Celtics and take their crap scrubs off their hands. Nah, Keith Smith huh...what side he on cuz it sure ain’t Atlanta with that miserable idea.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#27 » by jayu70 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:49 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Spoiler:

:lol: :lol: :lol: This makes no sense.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#28 » by Spud2nique » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:01 am

He should be available. The only reason he shouldn’t is if we were playing outstanding ball which we aren’t playing. There’s no way we should perform like we did tonight it’s inexcusable.

I’m still doubling up tomorrow with a bet but if I lose that I’m done.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#29 » by Spud2nique » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:58 am

I’m down on Collins and here is why.

1. Last year; illegal substance 25 games high jacks our season.

2. This summer says he’s a max and doesn’t sign an extension causing friction with the team.

3. Every time he gets crazy stats and numbers we seem to lose, twice vs the Mavs alone this week, this might not be a coincidence.

4. He hears trade rumors he goes for 9 points on 3-11 shooting in a home loss being guarded by Keldon Johnson, Poetl, and Rudy Gay.

Is he that good or a huge headache?
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#30 » by Spud2nique » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:06 am

Gonna add on a bit here. Collins is too cool for school. He is trying to huff and puff and yell and act like he’s working harder than he might actually be working.

Pascal is starting to look really good right now.

For the life of me I don’t understand Collins and his stats. His stats lie about the result.

If I was in the other land I’d prolly yell at Peo whose most likely trying to defend Collins as I type this.

Peo, it’s time to trade him. He’s not the one, we must move on with this rebuild.

I don’t want the highlight factory part II, I lived through that with Smoove and Marvin and alley oops with no results, we gotta get some winners in here.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#31 » by Spud2nique » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:08 am

I wanna go to the general board and yell:

WHO WANTS TO SEX JOHN COLLINS???? (In a trade) Gimme your best package.. :roll:

I don’t have the energy. Texas Pete will want me to show my work and I don’t want to. :nonono:

John Collins is for sale! -Spud (emotional bit on board as of tonight officially).
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#32 » by Spud2nique » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:25 am

I’m all for being patient with a young roster but just as long as it’s headed in the right direction. If these young kids keep getting pampered and not held accountable and we keep saying “we are building for the future” there will be a very mediocre bleak future. This has happen in the last few rebuilds and I’m seeing these stinky signs once again.

Y’all better get this $hit straight soon or somebody gettin fired or traded this is BS for loyal fans. Unacceptable.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#33 » by Spud2nique » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:02 am

Hawks get: Porter jr. + Will (the thrill, the people’s champ) Barton

Nuggets get: John Collins + Tony Snell

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y4a8v5km

Why for the Hawks: They make Trae happy by adding his best friend and it fits the Hawks scheme to allow Capela to beast inside. Barton tutors Cam and Hunter.

Why for the Nuggets: Jokic/Collins/Murray might make the finals or at least the western conference finals.

Thoughts?
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#34 » by Spud2nique » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:11 am

Hawks get: Jerami Grant + Wayne Ellington

Pistons get: John Collins + Danilo Gallinari

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yxfw76pf

Trae
Cam
Hunter
Grant
Capela

Ellington gunner off the bench. Trae finds him for 3’s
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,960

Post#35 » by shakes0 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:38 pm

Spud2nique wrote:

I don’t have the energy. Texas Pete will want me to show my work and I don’t want to. :nonono:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Texas Pete!

Leave him alone, he runs the most woke message board this side of the mighty Mississip.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#36 » by Spud2nique » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:19 pm

shakes0 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Texas Pete!

Leave him alone, he runs the most woke message board this side of the mighty Mississip.

Sorry I had chic fil a last night and I always load up on that Texas Pete. I was so pissed I was losing money I just opened packets and straight drank them!

Oh yeaaaaa, I’m a bad boy! :nod:
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,036

Post#37 » by tbhawksfan1 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:54 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Hawks get: Porter jr. + Will (the thrill, the people’s champ) Barton

Why for the Hawks: They make Trae happy by adding his best friend and it fits the Hawks scheme to allow Capela to beast inside. Barton tutors Cam and Hunter.

Why for the Nuggets: Jokic/Collins/Murray might make the finals or at least the western conference finals.

Thoughts?

I was thinking of JC trade for MPJ earlier today.

I don't know who I'm more peed at JC or Pierce
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#38 » by Spud2nique » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:58 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Hawks get: Porter jr. + Will (the thrill, the people’s champ) Barton

Thoughts?

Right now I’m pissed at,

1. Myself :lol: but that’s neither here nor there, ya the betting thing. :nonono:

2. Lloyd

3. JC

4. Gallo

5. Cam
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#39 » by tbhawksfan1 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:58 pm

Buzzard wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:An excerpt of the original article at The Athletic:

I think Ressler, Collins, and the coaching situations are paramount. I predicted a coaching change by the all star break if the Hawks are losing. They are 11 and 13 now with a tough schedule still to play. If they are 11 and 19 or something similar after 30 games, I think LP is let go. That choke job against the Mavericks was just as disheartening as the last play call using Trae as a screener.

I think Schlenk believes a core of Trae, Collins, and Capela should compete at close to a .500 clip. In a nutshell, these three are healthy and the Hawks should play decent with decent coaching. Now back to Collins. I think Ressler will foot the bill for Collins if that is what it takes to make the playoffs.

If its not a solid big for Collins, Collins is staying in my opinion.

I agree with all of this except maybe the JC staying part. His suspension, turning down a more than fair offer and not contributing to wins are a problem
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#40 » by tbhawksfan1 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:03 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:

Thoughts?

Right now I’m pissed at,

1. Myself :lol: but that’s neither here nor there, ya the betting thing. :nonono:

2. Lloyd

3. JC

4. Gallo

5. Cam

Absolutely not a gambler. Losing money on top of Hawks losing would be too much for me :lol:
Agree with LP and JC. Gallo might need a little more time to get over his injury... I hope. Cam is just a kid, but it appears that he's forgotten how to hoop. Hawks are in a real stink right now? They shouldn't be playing this poorly.

I see Pierce as problem #1

Return to Atlanta Hawks