ImageImage

Ideal Backourt

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,430

Re: Ideal Backourt 

Post#21 » by CP War Hawks » Fri Aug 7, 2020 1:42 am

Holiday is the most ideal being able to guard nearly all positions. Being the 2nd playmaker also eases the burden on Young as well.

;t=258s

In the draft, Edwards check so many boxes. The coaching staff does a really nice job with young talent. Obviously if Schlenk wanted to go with a more seasoned coach, the draft would be used to bring in vets.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,470

Post#22 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:11 am

Sam Vecenie wrote:Young never reaching even an adequate level defensively would put real pressure on the roster-building surrounding him and force the Hawks into tougher spots that make them less flexible going forward in the kind of players they can target.

...if Young never gets better on defense, it probably resigns Huerter to either being trade bait or to being more of a sixth-man. It would put way too much pressure on their help defense to have both Young and Huerter out there. Both of them — particularly Huerter — are smart defenders, but neither holds up enough in on-ball defense to really be out there together in late-game situations. In that vein, I actually think it’s really important for the Hawks to find a secondary ballhandler or playmaker who is also good on defense.
The Athletic
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#23 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:30 pm

I'm still hoping Huerter is the ideal back court partner for Trae.

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#24 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:34 am

Read on Twitter
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#25 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 5:34 am

The ideal teammate for Trae would be Joe Dumars or Tony Allen. I'm not sure who in the NBA who can do the same as Joe besides Holiday.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#26 » by Spud2nique » Thu Dec 3, 2020 6:36 am

atlantabbq99 wrote:The ideal teammate for Trae would be Joe Dumars or Tony Allen. I'm not sure who in the NBA who can do the same as Joe besides Holiday.

That’s cuz Trae got Zeke in him. :nod: And a lil Nash..and Stockton, but ya there are no Dumars but Bogdan seems like a fit. Cam too because he can isolate and go one on one. We are gonna be a big problem if we can stay healthy. You can never tell on court chemistry but on paper it fits.

Return to Atlanta Hawks