ImageImage

2020 Mock Drafts (post-lottery)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

_s_t_u_r_t_
Starter
Posts: 2,067
And1: 553
Joined: Jun 13, 2007
     

2020 Mock Drafts (post-lottery) 

Post#1 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:05 am

Good to take an immediate look at who's got who going where, because from now on, it's hard to say what writers are just copycatting off of others.

Image
jayu70
RealGM
Posts: 11,104
And1: 8,027
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: 2020 Mock Drafts (post-lottery) 

Post#2 » by jayu70 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:12 am

I'm good with Okongwo, Okoro or Haliburton
_s_t_u_r_t_
Starter
Posts: 2,067
And1: 553
Joined: Jun 13, 2007
     

Re: 2020 Mock Drafts (post-lottery) 

Post#3 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:15 am

Image
Spud2nique
Head Coach
Posts: 6,681
And1: 4,155
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: 2020 Mock Drafts (post-lottery) 

Post#4 » by Spud2nique » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:28 am

My man Gwu. Yup! :nod: Make it happen.
AngelMasterLucky11 :wink:
_s_t_u_r_t_
Starter
Posts: 2,067
And1: 553
Joined: Jun 13, 2007
     

Re: 2020 Mock Drafts (post-lottery) 

Post#5 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:39 am

(His tweet says this is his updated post-lottery edition, but he obviously hasn't taken time to add the team names at each slot.)

Image
_s_t_u_r_t_
Starter
Posts: 2,067
And1: 553
Joined: Jun 13, 2007
     

Re: 2020 Mock Drafts (post-lottery) 

Post#6 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:41 am

Image
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 24,579
And1: 8,953
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: 2020 Mock Drafts (post-lottery) 

Post#7 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:06 pm

The Ringer’s 2020 NBA Mock Draft 1.0

Image

6. Atlanta Hawks: Obi Toppin (Big/Wing, Dayton)

Why not find Trae Young another athletic lob threat? Toppin played like Amar’e Stoudemire on offense at Dayton and his skills could translate seamlessly to the pros. He’s a gravity-defying leader and he can shoot 3s. That’s if he’s able to stay on the floor on defense. But multiple scouts and executives recently expressed they project Toppin as a wing on defense; he measures 6-foot-9, 220 pounds—similar to Kyle Kuzma, a great example of a player who’s improved dramatically on defense. It’d be a risky pick, but Toppin could improve similarly with an NBA strength and conditioning program and a superior supporting cast.
The Ringer
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 41,272
And1: 2,882
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: 2020 Mock Drafts (post-lottery) 

Post#8 » by HMFFL » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:44 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
The Ringer’s 2020 NBA Mock Draft 1.0

Image

6. Atlanta Hawks: Obi Toppin (Big/Wing, Dayton)

Why not find Trae Young another athletic lob threat? Toppin played like Amar’e Stoudemire on offense at Dayton and his skills could translate seamlessly to the pros. He’s a gravity-defying leader and he can shoot 3s. That’s if he’s able to stay on the floor on defense. But multiple scouts and executives recently expressed they project Toppin as a wing on defense; he measures 6-foot-9, 220 pounds—similar to Kyle Kuzma, a great example of a player who’s improved dramatically on defense. It’d be a risky pick, but Toppin could improve similarly with an NBA strength and conditioning program and a superior supporting cast.
The Ringer
This kind of surprises me.


2. Golden State Warriors: Deni Avdija (Wing, Maccabi Tel Aviv)


https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nba/2020/9/14/21435542/nba-mock-draft

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
graymule
Pro Prospect
Posts: 998
And1: 1,019
Joined: Jun 18, 2004

Re: 2020 Mock Drafts (post-lottery) 

Post#9 » by graymule » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:39 pm

:banghead:

All these mock drafts have Hawks picking 6th and passing up Tyrese Haliburton. We made this error already when we passed on CP3. Please don't make the same mistake again. (Just my thoughts. You know who I want and why)

As a constant reminder, every Atlanta game I watch, I must see several CP3 advertisements. Falcons - Dream - Braves. Doesn't matter. CP3 is there to remind me. He could have been a Hawk!!

:banghead:
_s_t_u_r_t_
Starter
Posts: 2,067
And1: 553
Joined: Jun 13, 2007
     

Re: 2020 Mock Drafts (post-lottery) 

Post#10 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:39 pm

graymule wrote::banghead:

All these mock drafts have Hawks picking 6th and passing up Tyrese Haliburton. We made this error already when we passed on CP3. Please don't make the same mistake again. (Just my thoughts. You know who I want and why)

As a constant reminder, every Atlanta game I watch, I must see several CP3 advertisements. Falcons - Dream - Braves. Doesn't matter. CP3 is there to remind me. He could have been a Hawk!!

:banghead:


Don't despair, Gray.

For one, these are just the earliest mock drafts from within hours of the lottery. So, they're merely the inclinations of their authors based on where they themselves perceive there was/is a team fit for a player who they think "ought" to be gone at this slot or that one.

More recent mocks have been better informed. Mind you, many had thought Tyrese should go in the 7-12 range, just below #6, and then when you put that together with the presumption that there's naturally not going to be any minutes for any PG that ATL would select, and after all, who would ever select someone so high that they know is going to not start (???)... it's no mystery why Tyrese received so little mock-draft-to-ATL love initially.

Well, you and I and other actual ATL fans have a better grasp. I believe that. Yes, Tyrese could go at #6 and perhaps even slightly higher than #6. And most definitely yes, Schlenk could rationally aim to add a talent that can both be productive as a back-up PG and as arguably a part-time starter at SG (or at least, in the rotation).
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 24,579
And1: 8,953
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: 2020 Mock Drafts (post-lottery) 

Post#11 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:55 pm

Read on Twitter

6. Atlanta Hawks: Tyrese Haliburton (Iowa State, PG/SG, Sophomore)

Image

After acquiring Clint Capela at the trade deadline to protect the rim behind John Collins, the Atlanta Hawks figure to favor guards and wings in the draft and free agency.

Tyrese Haliburton would give them another ball-handler whom the Hawks can play alongside Trae Young or behind him in the second unit.

Atlanta should value Haliburton's sound decision-making and passing, as well as his ability to space the floor with his spot-up shooting.

The Hawks could also explore the idea of swapping picks with the New York Knicks, who may be interested in Haliburton's floor game and maturity. At No. 8, Atlanta could add more defense with Isaac Okoro or Devin Vassell.


50. Atlanta Hawks (via Heat): Cassius Stanley (Duke, SF, Freshman)

Though a limited creator for a wing, Stanley has persuasive athleticism and unmatched leaping ability in this class. A team may be willing to bet on his shooting and defensive development.
Bleacher Report
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 24,579
And1: 8,953
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: 2020 Mock Drafts (post-lottery) 

Post#12 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:19 pm

2020 NBA Mock Draft 8.0: The draft date is set — again

6. Atlanta Hawks: Onyeka Okongwu, F/C, USC

Image

Stats: 28 G, 30.6 mpg | 16.2 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 2.7 bpg, 1.2 spg | 61.6% FG, 25% 3P (four total attempts), 72% FT

Measurables: 6-9, 245 lbs

Age: 19

Okongwu could very easily wind up the best center in this class. His versatility across defensive coverages, shot blocking chops and rim-running prowess scream modern big, even if he is a tad undersized. Yes, Atlanta is paying Clint Capela through 2023. But Okongwu can be a much-needed anchor for a porous Hawks defense and complement Trae Young and John Collins’ skills on the offensive end while developing on a similar timeline as them.
NBC Sports Chicago
Spud2nique
Head Coach
Posts: 6,681
And1: 4,155
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: 2020 Mock Drafts (post-lottery) 

Post#13 » by Spud2nique » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:34 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
2020 NBA Mock Draft 8.0: The draft date is set — again

6. Atlanta Hawks: Onyeka Okongwu, F/C, USC

Image

Stats: 28 G, 30.6 mpg | 16.2 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 2.7 bpg, 1.2 spg | 61.6% FG, 25% 3P (four total attempts), 72% FT

Measurables: 6-9, 245 lbs

Age: 19

Okongwu could very easily wind up the best center in this class. His versatility across defensive coverages, shot blocking chops and rim-running prowess scream modern big, even if he is a tad undersized. Yes, Atlanta is paying Clint Capela through 2023. But Okongwu can be a much-needed anchor for a porous Hawks defense and complement Trae Young and John Collins’ skills on the offensive end while developing on a similar timeline as them.
NBC Sports Chicago



My guy from day 1.
AngelMasterLucky11 :wink:
Spud2nique
Head Coach
Posts: 6,681
And1: 4,155
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: 2020 Mock Drafts (post-lottery) 

Post#14 » by Spud2nique » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:30 pm

jayu70 wrote:I'm good with Okongwo, Okoro or Haliburton


Yawn. :sleep2: :devil: :devil: :devil:
AngelMasterLucky11 :wink:

Return to Atlanta Hawks