ImageImage

Should ATL pursue a trade for Oladipo?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Which Hawks player would you be willing to include in a trade for Oladipo?

De'Andre Hunter
No votes
Cam Reddish
38%
Kevin Huerter
63%

Total votes: 8

_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran
And1: 723

Re: Should ATL pursue a trade for Oladipo? 

Post#41 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:10 pm

Have to like that Dipo wants a max contract because (a) he knows he's not one right now (based on his sober reaction to IND not offering one) and (b) then, by inference, he's committed himself to the work of getting back to where he once was before the injury. That hyper-competitive spirit on its own isn't enough, of course, to make him a quality addition, but it does make him an especially good add to a team at this phase in its evolution if we assume the best about his comeback... and a great example to his teammates, given the amount of work that he's had to do and how durable his attitude has had to be. And if we assume we get even just the 18-19 (pre-injury, of course) version of Dipo to pair with Trae and rotate with Cam, I'll take him. Absolutely. Just a year commitment, and if you think by the end of the season his last month or two performance shows he's all the way back, he's still just barely young enough that it could matter that you have his Bird rights.

So, do I want him? Of course I do... at... the... right... price. Which is why I've pulled back for several weeks now, if not months, from talking about him. It seems extremely... extremely... unlikely that IND would trade him for what he's sanely worth at this point in time.

What's he worth? A little more than Dedmon, and a little less than Huerter, imo.
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran

Post#42 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Sat Nov 7, 2020 2:02 pm

Reading some talk again this morning as-if Dipo is in play.

Just going to say this again...

_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:So, do I want him? Of course I do... at... the... right... price. Which is why I've pulled back for several weeks now, if not months, from talking about him. It seems extremely... extremely... unlikely that IND would trade him for what he's sanely worth at this point in time.

What's he worth? A little more than Dedmon, and a little less than Huerter, imo.

...and repeat that I'll be highly, highly surprised to see Pritchard trade him before the season begins, or at least until he's had a chance--and in fact, until everyone has had a chance, for that matter--to see him play 25-40 games and gauge his status.

Fans can say what they want. They can speak as-if they have insider intel that is legitimately inner-circle stuff. Skepticism is entirely merited, particularly so in this case.

It makes much more sense to consider Oladipo a trade deadline guy.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,913

Post#43 » by jayu70 » Sat Nov 7, 2020 4:03 pm

Dipo is in play to a 3rd team, Hawks as a facilitator.
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran

Post#44 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:01 pm

From Shams:

Of course, what Oladipo wants is still mainly not going to mean anything. He doesn't get to make that call. But It certainly does signal that he's not excited about going anywhere else, which is at least going to make it less likely.

Remain persuaded as I have for weeks now... he'll either be staying in IND for the long-term (assuming he returns to ASG-level performance), or he'll be shipped out ...a few months from now... as a trade deadline asset somewhere.
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#45 » by Radioblacktive1 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:05 pm

“Committed to the Pacers” = “Damn I see nobody else wants me.”
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,913

Post#46 » by jayu70 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:19 pm

Radioblacktive1 wrote:“Committed to the Pacers” = “Damn I see nobody else wants me.”

didn't PG say the same, then asked for a trade.
It's that time of year......take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt. Lots of Rumors and Rumors of trades....I LOVE IT! :D
tomaHAWKslam
Bench Warmer
And1: 124

Post#47 » by tomaHAWKslam » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:47 pm

Yep

Read on Twitter
?s=21[/tweet]
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#48 » by Spud2nique » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:04 pm

Hell no.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#49 » by HMFFL » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:01 am

_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:From Shams:

Of course, what Oladipo wants is still mainly not going to mean anything. He doesn't get to make that call. But It certainly does signal that he's not excited about going anywhere else, which is at least going to make it less likely.

Remain persuaded as I have for weeks now... he'll either be staying in IND for the long-term (assuming he returns to ASG-level performance), or he'll be shipped out ...a few months from now... as a trade deadline asset somewhere.
He has already turned down 88m from them over a year ago. He's on committed to them.if he received the full max or realizes Indiana attempted all options that acquires them value and it hasn't worked out.

Oladipo can only blame himself for how he's handled his situation.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,025

Post#50 » by tbhawksfan1 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:06 pm

Ya'll see the thing where he supposedly told opposing plyers that he'd rather be on their team in front of his teammates?

Want nothing to do with him. The poll asking if we'd trade one of our young guys is bad
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran

Post#51 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:52 pm

Just saw this:

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/11/11/nba-gm-reveals-three-potential-trade-destinations-for-victor-oladipo/

One NBA GM, who asked to remain anonymous, spoke to NBA Analysis Network about Oladipo and what to expect this offseason. He also listed three teams who are interested in Oladipo and could be potential trade destinations.

“I think Indiana is open to moving Victor Oladipo at the right price. They are also open to signing him to an extension. Should they move him, there are a few teams with consistent interest. I think the Mavericks, Knicks, and Lakers are teams to monitor in this situation.”

Of course, I'm a broken record that if IND fans' opinions are any measure, the "right" price is not going to be seriously considered by any competent NBA general manager. However, maybe fans' opinions are not.
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran

Post#52 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:28 pm

And just like that, this appears as the new lead story from that same source above...

Having said that, the wording leaves one to wonder when this quote was made and if time has made it much less interesting since it was first made.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,468

Post#53 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:36 pm

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#54 » by HMFFL » Thu Jan 7, 2021 10:41 pm

What type of value is Indiana expecting to receive?

He turned down 80m and apparently wants the max.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Atlanta Hawks