ImageImage

My latest perfect offseason.

Moderators: HMFFL, dms269, Jamaaliver

Buzzard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,771

My latest perfect offseason. 

Post#1 » by Buzzard » Fri Oct 9, 2020 11:09 pm

Draft Okongwu. Sign Bertans, Clarkson, and Teague.

Trae/Teague
Reddish/Huerter/Clarkson
Hunter/Reddish
Collins/Bertans/Okongwu/Fernando
Capela/Dedmon/Okongwu

We go from 8 guaranteed contracts and almost no depth to 12 guaranteed contracts. Solid depth at SG/SF/PF/C and PG.
"Offense sells tickets, defense wins games, rebounding wins championships." Pat Summitt

"Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships." Paul Bear Bryant
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 3,011

Re: My latest perfect offseason. 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:19 am

Buzzard wrote:Draft Okongwu. Sign Bertans, Clarkson, and Teague.

Trae/Teague
Reddish/Huerter/Clarkson
Hunter/Reddish
Capela/Dedmon/Okongwu

We go from 8 guaranteed contracts and almost no depth to 12 guaranteed contracts. Solid depth at SG/SF/PF/C and PG.

Jordan Clarkson to me would need for to many touches. I don't see him being a good fit for us. We need to give our young Hawks more shots next season.

I have mentioned wanting Bertan. He may want to start or is content with with role coming off the bench as long as he's paid well (15-18m per session). If we sign him I don't expect Huerter to have a future with us.

Teague will make how much next season? I believe he just made 20m during the current season. Huge pay decrease if we sign him or else we look else where.

I like your starting lineup. I want Cam starting.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Buzzard
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by Buzzard » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:41 pm

HMFFL wrote:

Trae/Teague
Reddish/Huerter/Clarkson
Hunter/Reddish
Capela/Dedmon/Okongwu

Jordan Clarkson to me would need for to many touches. I don't see him being a good fit for us. We need to give our young Hawks more shots next season.

I have mentioned wanting Bertan. He may want to start or is content with with role coming off the bench as long as he's paid well (15-18m per session). If we sign him I don't expect Huerter to have a future with us.

Teague will make how much next season? I believe he just made 20m during the current season. Huge pay decrease if we sign him or else we look else where.

We need another player who can get his own shot. Clarkson is perfect in that role. 10 touches a game is nothing when you look at the way the playing time and shots were doled out last season. These four players took over 5 a game Carter, Crabbe, Bembry, Goodwin. I understand they did not all play at once but 10 shots are there.

Teague will get a MLE type offer unless the Knicks get stupid with him. Bertans is solid. As bad as I prefer a small forward over Clarkson, I don't see us getting one. Clarkson is a good compromise who fills a need. Reddish and Huerter can back Hunter up.
"Offense sells tickets, defense wins games, rebounding wins championships." Pat Summitt

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 3,011

Post#4 » by HMFFL » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:11 am

Buzzard wrote:
HMFFL wrote:

Trae/Teague
Reddish/Huerter/Clarkson
Hunter/Reddish
Capela/Dedmon/Okongwu

We need another player who can get his own shot. Clarkson is perfect in that role. 10 touches a game is nothing when you look at the way the playing time and shots were doled out last season. These four players took over 5 a game Carter, Crabbe, Bembry, Goodwin. I understand they did not all play at once but 10 shots are there.

Teague will get a MLE type offer unless the Knicks get stupid with him. Bertans is solid. As bad as I prefer a small forward over Clarkson, I don't see us getting one. Clarkson is a good compromise who fills a need. Reddish and Huerter can back Hunter up.

Would you be ok with Clarkson receiving majority of the backup point guard minutes? I can support adding him if the young Hawks get their touches.

Buzzard
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by Buzzard » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:16 am

HMFFL wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
HMFFL wrote:

Would you be ok with Clarkson receiving majority of the backup point guard minutes? I can support adding him.if the young Hawks get their touches.

I think there is a chance Teague, Clarkson, and Huerter can be on the floor together at times with two bigs. For a bench rotation that could be pretty potent.

Ball4life32
Starter
And1: 1,562

Post#6 » by Ball4life32 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:31 pm

I like your Clarkson pick up but still way too many bigs for me

Read on Twitter

Here you have 6 guys for the 1-3 spot & 6 guys for the 4-5 spot.....don’t need that many guys in the frontcourt imo. Also i think Schlenk likes Skal & tries to re-sign him...
graymule
Rookie
And1: 1,038

Post#7 » by graymule » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:29 pm

8-)

Skal will be a Hawk next season, I believe.

:D

Return to Atlanta Hawks