ImageImage

Nick Wright: Rajon Rondo on Schlenk's shopping list

Moderators: Jamaaliver, dms269, HMFFL

User avatar
_s_t_u_r_t_
Starter
Posts: 2,412
And1: 654
Joined: Jun 13, 2007
     

Nick Wright: Rajon Rondo on Schlenk's shopping list 

Post#1 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:00 am

Read on Twitter
_____________________________________________
_____________________________________________
Image
Image
raleigh
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,626
And1: 149
Joined: Oct 23, 2004

Re: Nick Wright: Rajon Rondo on Schlenk's shopping list 

Post#2 » by raleigh » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:06 am

Depends on the price.
Radioblacktive1
Senior
Posts: 677
And1: 541
Joined: Jun 26, 2017
   

Re: Nick Wright: Rajon Rondo on Schlenk's shopping list 

Post#3 » by Radioblacktive1 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:11 am

Do it.
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 41,932
And1: 3,231
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: Nick Wright: Rajon Rondo on Schlenk's shopping list 

Post#4 » by HMFFL » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:15 am

Rondo will make our young Hawks mentally stronger or they'll want out..lol
I'm all for signing him.and he's probably a cheaper than trading for a proven talent.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
myrak433
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,770
And1: 153
Joined: Jul 10, 2010

Re: Nick Wright: Rajon Rondo on Schlenk's shopping list 

Post#5 » by myrak433 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:23 am

That would be a cool signing. Take Vince Carter’s roll as player coach.
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
User avatar
D21
Analyst
Posts: 3,264
And1: 270
Joined: Sep 09, 2005

Re: Nick Wright: Rajon Rondo on Schlenk's shopping list 

Post#6 » by D21 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:53 am

Added to what he can bring to the team, if he has to come to the East, I seriously prefer him in ATL than going to MIA or another already good team and future serious opponent of ATL. Double win here
User avatar
_s_t_u_r_t_
Starter
Posts: 2,412
And1: 654
Joined: Jun 13, 2007
     

Re: Nick Wright: Rajon Rondo on Schlenk's shopping list 

Post#7 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:38 am

My guess is that Chouinard is commenting on this topic since it's really the only one buzzing at the moment.

Read on Twitter
_____________________________________________
_____________________________________________
Image
Image
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 25,056
And1: 9,119
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Nick Wright: Rajon Rondo on Schlenk's shopping list 

Post#8 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:07 am

I have a hard time believing Rondo is interested in playing for a rebuilding team...seems like he'll have better options.

Read on Twitter
Spud2nique
Head Coach
Posts: 7,130
And1: 4,318
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: Nick Wright: Rajon Rondo on Schlenk's shopping list 

Post#9 » by Spud2nique » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:06 am

Jamaaliver wrote:I have a hard time believing Rondo is interested in playing for a rebuilding team...seems like he'll have better options.

Read on Twitter



That and he doesn’t seem to be invested all the time. We saw him at his best with Lebron and company because they were winning. I don’t trust him to stay sane with us.
GO HAWKS!!! :thumbsup:
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 41,932
And1: 3,231
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: Nick Wright: Rajon Rondo on Schlenk's shopping list 

Post#10 » by HMFFL » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:15 am

Jamaaliver wrote:I have a hard time believing Rondo is interested in playing for a rebuilding team...seems like he'll have better options.

Read on Twitter
Well, using us for leverage is a strong possibility.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 41,932
And1: 3,231
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: Nick Wright: Rajon Rondo on Schlenk's shopping list 

Post#11 » by HMFFL » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:17 am

Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:I have a hard time believing Rondo is interested in playing for a rebuilding team...seems like he'll have better options.

Read on Twitter



That and he doesn’t seem to be invested all the time. We saw him at his best with Lebron and company because they were winning. I don’t trust him to stay sane with us.
I agree.
It's a double edged sword.
He can help improve our young hawks but there's a high probability that he acts like a jackass.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Spud2nique
Head Coach
Posts: 7,130
And1: 4,318
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: Nick Wright: Rajon Rondo on Schlenk's shopping list 

Post#12 » by Spud2nique » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:27 am

HMFFL wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:I have a hard time believing Rondo is interested in playing for a rebuilding team...seems like he'll have better options.

Read on Twitter



That and he doesn’t seem to be invested all the time. We saw him at his best with Lebron and company because they were winning. I don’t trust him to stay sane with us.
I agree.
It's a double edged sword.
He can help improve our young hawks but there's a high probability that he acts like a jackass.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app


And if anyone knows about acting like a jackass it’s yours truly so there’s that.
GO HAWKS!!! :thumbsup:
Spud2nique
Head Coach
Posts: 7,130
And1: 4,318
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: Nick Wright: Rajon Rondo on Schlenk's shopping list 

Post#13 » by Spud2nique » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:49 am

It’ll be the Clipps. He’s perfect for that team.

Clippers, Hawks expected to pursue Rajon Rondo


Brad Turner: Sources: Rajon Rondo is expected to decline his player option for $2.6 million with the Lakers to become a free agent. Rondo will have teams after him, including the Clippers and Atlanta Hawks. – via Twitter BA_Turner
Top Rumors, Free Agency,
GO HAWKS!!! :thumbsup:
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 41,932
And1: 3,231
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: Nick Wright: Rajon Rondo on Schlenk's shopping list 

Post#14 » by HMFFL » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:57 am

Spud2nique wrote:It’ll be the Clipps. He’s perfect for that team.

Clippers, Hawks expected to pursue Rajon Rondo


Brad Turner: Sources: Rajon Rondo is expected to decline his player option for $2.6 million with the Lakers to become a free agent. Rondo will have teams after him, including the Clippers and Atlanta Hawks. – via Twitter BA_Turner
Top Rumors, Free Agency,
Perfect indeed and exactly what they need. Nice leverage play by Rondo. I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Spud2nique
Head Coach
Posts: 7,130
And1: 4,318
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: Nick Wright: Rajon Rondo on Schlenk's shopping list 

Post#15 » by Spud2nique » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:00 am

HMFFL wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:It’ll be the Clipps. He’s perfect for that team.

Clippers, Hawks expected to pursue Rajon Rondo


Brad Turner: Sources: Rajon Rondo is expected to decline his player option for $2.6 million with the Lakers to become a free agent. Rondo will have teams after him, including the Clippers and Atlanta Hawks. – via Twitter BA_Turner
Top Rumors, Free Agency,
Perfect indeed and exactly what they need. Nice leverage play by Rondo. I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app


Hope ur wrong? You want Rondo here?
GO HAWKS!!! :thumbsup:
raleigh
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,626
And1: 149
Joined: Oct 23, 2004

Re: Nick Wright: Rajon Rondo on Schlenk's shopping list 

Post#16 » by raleigh » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:54 am

How is this leverage on Rondo's part? The Clips are above the cap and the Lakers aren't going to do a S&T.

This will be a choice between $ and a chance at a ring.
CP War Hawks
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,340
And1: 581
Joined: Nov 28, 2017
     

Re: Nick Wright: Rajon Rondo on Schlenk's shopping list 

Post#17 » by CP War Hawks » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:43 pm

25 milliion for two years with a PO should do it.
jayu70
RealGM
Posts: 11,623
And1: 8,415
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Nick Wright: Rajon Rondo on Schlenk's shopping list 

Post#18 » by jayu70 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:59 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:25 milliion for two years with a PO should do it.

For Rondo? That's nuts.
1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2 Million - that's how much Rondo has made in each of the last 4 years. the last time he made $12 million dollars was in 2014.
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 25,056
And1: 9,119
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Nick Wright: Rajon Rondo on Schlenk's shopping list 

Post#19 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:21 pm

Read on Twitter
CP War Hawks
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,340
And1: 581
Joined: Nov 28, 2017
     

Re: Nick Wright: Rajon Rondo on Schlenk's shopping list 

Post#20 » by CP War Hawks » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:06 pm

Rondo is trying to leverage the Hawks, no thanks. Take a flyer on Dunn or Melton.

Return to Atlanta Hawks