ImageImage

Assumed Rotation for 2020-2021

Moderators: dms269, HMFFL, Jamaaliver

User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 26,263
And1: 9,649
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Assumed Rotation for 2020-2021 

Post#21 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:25 pm

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM
Posts: 12,533
And1: 9,025
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Assumed Rotation for 2020-2021 

Post#22 » by jayu70 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:36 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

i think we still need a vet big behind Capela. Hopefully one shakes free on the buy out market.
Spud2nique
General Manager
Posts: 8,132
And1: 4,758
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: Assumed Rotation for 2020-2021 

Post#23 » by Spud2nique » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:39 pm

I want gorgeous Gorgui Dieng. That mista H (D) he’s gorgeous! Hart to Hart... too young? Nevermind.
GO HAWKS!!! :thumbsup:
CP War Hawks
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,471
And1: 641
Joined: Nov 28, 2017
     

Re: Assumed Rotation for 2020-2021 

Post#24 » by CP War Hawks » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:34 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

i think we still need a vet big behind Capela. Hopefully one shakes free on the buy out market.


I like this roster especially when healthy. A stretch big would be nice but any guy who can contribute more consistently than Fernando and Onyeka.
shakes0
Veteran
Posts: 2,766
And1: 3,173
Joined: Jul 14, 2017
Location: Chicago
       

Re: Assumed Rotation for 2020-2021 

Post#25 » by shakes0 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:55 pm

With everyone healthy I'd like to see this rotation...

C: Capela/Okongwu/Knight
PF: Collins/Gallo
SF: Hunter/Snell/Reddish
SG: Bogi/Huerter
PG: Trae/Dunn/Lou Will
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 26,263
And1: 9,649
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Assumed Rotation for 2020-2021 

Post#26 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:26 am

Interesting. First, Hawks are linked to multiple starting SGs prospects (Lonzo, Smart, Brogdan). Then, when that doesn't pan out -- Huerter immediately gets benched anyway?

I'm all for starting Bogdan Bogdan, especially now that we know he's unhappy with his role. But this is...noteworthy.

Read on Twitter


Image
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 26,263
And1: 9,649
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Assumed Rotation for 2020-2021 

Post#27 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:16 pm

So you rate Huerter, Gallo and Bogdan as higher than DeAndre Hunter?!? :o



Interesting...

Galloisdaman wrote:I think the coaches should look at the team in tiers and try to nail down some rotations based on chemistry.

Tier 1- Trae, Collins, and Cap. Get them 30-35 minutes a night.
Tier 2- Gallo, Brog, and Huerter. Get them 23-28 minutes a night.
Tier 3- Hunter, Lou, Snell, and Reddish. Get their minutes based on health, need and production.
Tier 4- Everyone else
User avatar
Galloisdaman
Analyst
Posts: 3,159
And1: 1,776
Joined: Mar 17, 2011

Re: Assumed Rotation for 2020-2021 

Post#28 » by Galloisdaman » Thu Apr 1, 2021 12:10 am

Jamaaliver wrote:So you rate Huerter, Gallo and Bogdan as higher than DeAndre Hunter?!? :o



Interesting...

Galloisdaman wrote:I think the coaches should look at the team in tiers and try to nail down some rotations based on chemistry.

Tier 1- Trae, Collins, and Cap. Get them 30-35 minutes a night.
Tier 2- Gallo, Brog, and Huerter. Get them 23-28 minutes a night.
Tier 3- Hunter, Lou, Snell, and Reddish. Get their minutes based on health, need and production.
Tier 4- Everyone else


I looked at Hunter like I looked at Lou. We have to see how they are at this point in time based on age or injury. Right now Hunter is still trying to come back from injury.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
shakes0
Veteran
Posts: 2,766
And1: 3,173
Joined: Jul 14, 2017
Location: Chicago
       

Re: Assumed Rotation for 2020-2021 

Post#29 » by shakes0 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 1:24 pm

When everyone is healthy here is the rotation I want to see in the playoffs.

1st unit: Capela, Collins, Hunter, Bogi, Trae
2nd Unit: Okongwu, Gallo, Snell, Lou, Dunn
Next guy off the bench: Knight
Splinters in their ass: Reddish, Huerter, Goodwin, Bruno F-ing Fernando

Edit: I'm also open to the idea of flipping Snell and Bogi and having Snell and his spot up shooting in the first unit and Bogi's playmaking in the 2nd unit.
User avatar
D21
Analyst
Posts: 3,466
And1: 339
Joined: Sep 09, 2005

Re: Assumed Rotation for 2020-2021 

Post#30 » by D21 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 2:13 pm

Agree on this except that for me, I'm not so sure for Okongwu, and it's Bogi always starting, it will avoid a bad start. Bench him first if you want then, and let him play again once Trae is benched.
But more important, I want to see the right mix, I don't want to see a great five, and all the second unit playing together unless they really get a chemistry.
A big problem was the changes, just like when Capela is out and we played John/Gallo as C/PF. They played far better when starting together with Capela out of some games, but there were lots of game where they were lost the moment they ended up together with Capela on the bench.

You forgot Hill and Mays (who never played bad IMO on games I've seen, and I only missed 2 or 3), but the thing I don't want to see if a second unit with Gallo and Hill at the same time.
shakes0
Veteran
Posts: 2,766
And1: 3,173
Joined: Jul 14, 2017
Location: Chicago
       

Re: Assumed Rotation for 2020-2021 

Post#31 » by shakes0 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 2:24 pm

D21 wrote:Agree on this except that for me, I'm not so sure for Okongwu, and it's Bogi always starting, it will avoid a bad start. Bench him first if you want then, and let him play again once Trae is benched.
But more important, I want to see the right mix, I don't want to see a great five, and all the second unit playing together unless they really get a chemistry.
A big problem was the changes, just like when Capela is out and we played John/Gallo as C/PF. They played far better when starting together with Capela out of some games, but there were lots of game where they were lost the moment they ended up together with Capela on the bench.

You forgot Hill and Mays (who never played bad IMO on games I've seen, and I only missed 2 or 3), but the thing I don't want to see if a second unit with Gallo and Hill at the same time.



crap, I did forget about Hill. Probably because subconsciously I'd love to never see him again. I'd still have Hill ahead of both Reddish and Huerter though. Mays is ok but no room for him on this roster.

With Okongwu I think it's important to get him minutes. Plus he has looked better as he gets more comfortable with the speed of the game. Thought he played great last night.
User avatar
Galloisdaman
Analyst
Posts: 3,159
And1: 1,776
Joined: Mar 17, 2011

Re: Assumed Rotation for 2020-2021 

Post#32 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Apr 3, 2021 1:39 am

Really think a playoff rotation is usually around 9 deep for players playing significant minutes. Maybe have a 10th playing 5 minutes occasionally.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D

Return to Atlanta Hawks