ImageImage

Predict our record after 10 games

Moderators: Jamaaliver, dms269, HMFFL

shakes0
Starter
Posts: 2,267
And1: 2,555
Joined: Jul 14, 2017
Location: Chicago
       

Predict our record after 10 games 

Post#1 » by shakes0 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:12 pm

Our first 10 games is fairly light with 6 games vs lottery teams. How do you see us finishing that stretch? Keeping in mind all the new players coupled with how bad we look in preseason and added to my natural pessimistic nature I don't expect good results from those first 10 games. The games are listed below along with my predicitons...

@CHI (L)
@MEM (L)
vs DET (W)
@BKN (L)
@BKN (L)
vs CLE (L)
vs NY (W)
vsCHA (W)
@CHA (L)
vs PHI (L)

So I've got us at 3-7 at the 10 game mark.
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 25,545
And1: 9,309
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Predict our record after 10 games 

Post#2 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:10 pm

I'm predicting 5-5. We started out pretty competitive last season with just the young'ns. Now that we have dependable vets in the rotation, I think we dominate terrible teams like CLE and Charlotte.
CP War Hawks
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,389
And1: 609
Joined: Nov 28, 2017
     

Re: Predict our record after 10 games 

Post#3 » by CP War Hawks » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:59 pm

Not too happy with the chemistry/fit issues. Trae is trying to get everyone involved and he needs to play his game and let it come to him later in the contest.

He's most dangerous when he's in his certain mode. I can see them starting out real slow, hope not. Capela to me looks like a true center that hasn't played in close to a year from a significant foot injury.
Spud2nique
General Manager
Posts: 7,521
And1: 4,509
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: Predict our record after 10 games 

Post#4 » by Spud2nique » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:30 am

6-4
GO HAWKS!!! :thumbsup:
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 25,545
And1: 9,309
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Predict our record after 10 games 

Post#5 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:04 am

If you told me before the season we’d be at .500 three weeks into the season, I’d have been ecstatic.

So why do I now feel underwhelmed after this 1-4 stretch?

Read on Twitter
Spud2nique
General Manager
Posts: 7,521
And1: 4,509
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: Predict our record after 10 games 

Post#6 » by Spud2nique » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:33 am

Jamaaliver wrote:I'm predicting 5-5. We started out pretty competitive last season with just the young'ns. Now that we have dependable vets in the rotation, I think we dominate terrible teams like CLE and Charlotte.


Nice call Jammer!
GO HAWKS!!! :thumbsup:
shakes0
Starter
Posts: 2,267
And1: 2,555
Joined: Jul 14, 2017
Location: Chicago
       

Re: Predict our record after 10 games 

Post#7 » by shakes0 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:54 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:I'm predicting 5-5. We started out pretty competitive last season with just the young'ns. Now that we have dependable vets in the rotation, I think we dominate terrible teams like CLE and Charlotte.


Nice call Jammer!



not really, just got lucky. If this were a math exam he would get some partial credit for getting the answer correct, but lose a lot of points when it came time to show his work. Just look at the quote, he had us dominating 3 games we got our ass kicked in.
Spud2nique
General Manager
Posts: 7,521
And1: 4,509
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: Predict our record after 10 games 

Post#8 » by Spud2nique » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:03 pm

shakes0 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:I'm predicting 5-5. We started out pretty competitive last season with just the young'ns. Now that we have dependable vets in the rotation, I think we dominate terrible teams like CLE and Charlotte.


Nice call Jammer!



not really, just got lucky. If this were a math exam he would get some partial credit for getting the answer correct, but lose a lot of points when it came time to show his work. Just look at the quote, he had us dominating 3 games we got our ass kicked in.


Calm down Norman.
GO HAWKS!!! :thumbsup:
jayu70
RealGM
Posts: 11,942
And1: 8,662
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Predict our record after 10 games 

Post#9 » by jayu70 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:07 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:If you told me before the season we’d be at .500 three weeks into the season, I’d have been ecstatic.

So why do I now feel underwhelmed after this

I think it's the way we lost vs the Cavs and Knicks, 2nd half meltdowns after big leads, Trae's noshow vs Hornets and we still haven't figured out how to play vs a zone defense.
shakes0
Starter
Posts: 2,267
And1: 2,555
Joined: Jul 14, 2017
Location: Chicago
       

Re: Predict our record after 10 games 

Post#10 » by shakes0 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:07 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
Nice call Jammer!



not really, just got lucky. If this were a math exam he would get some partial credit for getting the answer correct, but lose a lot of points when it came time to show his work. Just look at the quote, he had us dominating 3 games we got our ass kicked in.


Calm down Norman.



No, this is important!! :lol: :lol:
Spud2nique
General Manager
Posts: 7,521
And1: 4,509
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: Predict our record after 10 games 

Post#11 » by Spud2nique » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:11 pm

shakes0 wrote:Our first 10 games is fairly light with 6 games vs lottery teams. How do you see us finishing that stretch? Keeping in mind all the new players coupled with how bad we look in preseason and added to my natural pessimistic nature I don't expect good results from those first 10 games. The games are listed below along with my predicitons...

@CHI (L)
@MEM (L)
vs DET (W)
@BKN (L)
@BKN (L)
vs CLE (L)
vs NY (W)
vsCHA (W)
@CHA (L)
vs PHI (L)

So I've got us at 3-7 at the 10 game mark.


GO HAWKS!!! :thumbsup:

Return to Atlanta Hawks