Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Re: Game Thread, G20: Lakers at Hawks, 02/01/2021 

Post#22 » by AingesBurner » Tue Feb 2, 2021 3:53 pm

DirtybirdGA wrote:
GobertReport wrote:What the fan say to LBJ?

I'll eff you up, or something...trying to come in defense of her husband whomever that was...good job lady
.lol

Wittle WeBron was afraid of a wittle lady? Hahahaha :lol: :lol:
Ingles is cooked.
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#23 » by Galloisdaman » Wed Feb 3, 2021 2:40 am

GobertReport wrote:
DirtybirdGA wrote:

I'll eff you up, or something...trying to come in defense of her husband whomever that was...good job lady
.lol

She is hot! Poor Lebron. :D
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,962

Post#24 » by shakes0 » Wed Feb 3, 2021 3:01 pm

GobertReport wrote:
DirtybirdGA wrote:

.lol

So I've actually been following those specific 4 fans very closely since last season. I have an odd way of watching games in that I am extremely observant to what is going on in the background off the court and even on the court. If I watch a team at home enough I start to get to know some of the regular fans that stand out.

For ATL, these 4 fans have always sat courtside in the 4 seats between the ATL bench and center court. So they are very prominent on an TV all the time. You've got 2 guys who appear to be around 70 years old and they look like they've never missed a day in the gym. Then you've got their two trophy wives, about 20-30 years younger, blondes. They all dress like they are going out to the clubs. Needless to say, I find them fascinating and one of the first things I look for when the game starts. Last year they were at every game the first half of the season and then they stopped showing up in the second half. My wife and I imagined that they spent their winters at their European residence and that's why they weren't at any games in the second half.

I was very happy to see they were back in the arena when the fans were allowed in earlier in the week. Only took me a few minutes to spot their distinctive look even though they were now on the other side of the court and from behind. Last game they were sitting in couples, but for the Lakers game they mixed it up and sat guys and girls...something they would also do last year.

I will say this, as much as I watched them last year they never once had an incident with a player. They pretty much just sat there watching the game. They definitely got into the games and would stand cheer when things were going well, but they never attempted to bother the players even though they were 2-3 feet from them. But, that was the HOME bench...maybe things are different when it comes to the other team. That said, I never saw them heckling opposing players all last year.

So here is the funny part. When this happened the other night I got so excited I started screaming for my wife to come downstairs and check it out. She thought I was screaming because something happened to one of our two puppies and she freaked out and tried to run downstairs and bashed her hip into a door and got a nice bruise from it.

After she calmed down and could see straight she did acknowledge that what was going on during the game was pretty amazing and well worth the level of excitement I reacted with :)

Return to Atlanta Hawks