ImageImage

Game Thread: Hawks vs Spurs -- Happy New Year!!!

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,863

Re: Game Thread: Hawks vs Spurs -- Happy New Year!!! 

Post#21 » by DirtybirdGA » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:17 am

The hawks have lost their way, or at least coach has.
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,470

Post#22 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:24 am

Read on Twitter
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#23 » by Spud2nique » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:22 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Monotone type voice. Repetitive. Keep it simple. These guys have tuned him out. It’s frustrating on his part because he’s trying as you can see.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#24 » by Buzzard » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:15 am

Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Monotone type voice. Repetitive. Keep it simple. These guys have tuned him out. It’s frustrating on his part because he’s trying as you can see.

If you want the bigs to be more physical, you may want to play them. You know, those guys named Okongwu, Fernando, and Knight. Instead of this small ball five out BS you go with most times when Capela is resting :D

I agree, he is close to losing the team again.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,421

Post#25 » by graymule » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:17 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Call me cray cray but I just put down $135 to win $100 on the Hawks ML (just to win no points involved). I like our matchups. Having said that, I can’t believe I would actually choose this particular time to lay the first bet of the year. I usually don’t even wager on the Hawks but I dunno, it’s Friday and it’s Valentine’s Day weekend, not sure what that has to do with it but I thought I’d throw it out there! :lol:

GO HAWKS!!!!

I think Trae shines today. 40/10 type game.

:banghead:

Sorry Spud. Easy way to spend your money.

graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,421

Post#26 » by graymule » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:23 pm

:D

Our 2 way players have earned their way on to the regular roster and 2 bench players should be gone.

:nod:
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,955

Post#27 » by shakes0 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:31 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Call me cray cray but I just put down $135 to win $100 on the Hawks ML (just to win no points involved). I like our matchups. Having said that, I can’t believe I would actually choose this particular time to lay the first bet of the year. I usually don’t even wager on the Hawks but I dunno, it’s Friday and it’s Valentine’s Day weekend, not sure what that has to do with it but I thought I’d throw it out there! :lol:

GO HAWKS!!!!

:lol: Spud you should never gamble on the Hawks. You are way to big of a homer to ever look at things with the right frame of mind when it comes to risking your hard earned money. Not throwing shade, just being completely honest from my perspective and trying to help you hang onto your $$.

I myself don't gamble, but the few times I have in my life I've always had the belief that it's bad luck to bet on your favorite teams. I just feel it's bad karma...as if you are saying that just seeing them win isn't good enough for you.
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,955

Post#28 » by shakes0 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:34 pm

HMFFL wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:I suspect that the reports of Hawks willingness to move John Collins in trade effected his play tonight...and a few others as well.

We've got some stuff to work through this weekend.

Read on Twitter
More than likely it did cause him to have a poor game.
It just has to stop and our front office needs to stay silent. Unless other teams are reporting that Collins is available.

Getting tired of it

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

:banghead: :banghead: It's almost as if this is exactly what I warned would happen when they nickel dimed Collins in the off season. I said, was the saved $10-20 million that you might end up paying the guy anyway really worth risking the drama it could cause all season long during a season you are trying to make the playoffs?

Saw crap like this coming a mile away.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#29 » by Spud2nique » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:17 pm

shakes0 wrote:

GO HAWKS!!!!

:lol: Spud you should never gamble on the Hawks. You are way to big of a homer to ever look at things with the right frame of mind when it comes to risking your hard earned money. Not throwing shade, just being completely honest from my perspective and trying to help you hang onto your $$.

I myself don't gamble, but the few times I have in my life I've always had the belief that it's bad luck to bet on your favorite teams. I just feel it's bad karma...as if you are saying that just seeing them win isn't good enough for you.

I rarely do. I don’t end up resenting them obviously specially when I’m chasing tonight like a mother lol. I gotta double it up and chase tonight but like I said it’s double or nothing. I can’t feed the mobsters twice!
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#30 » by Spud2nique » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:27 pm

graymule wrote:

GO HAWKS!!!!

I usually don’t throw down unless I’m in Vegas Gramps but i went with my instincts and lost it, doubling up today to get it back. I lose tonight and I’m walking away. If I win I’m walking away. Throwin down $330 to win $300 tonight. I either walk away up $165 or down $465. Gambling is scary.

I gotta think about this. :lol:

First I pick on the Spurs, a well coached team, now I’m picking on most likely the most disciplined group of starters in the East in the Pacers. Oh boy..
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#31 » by Spud2nique » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:50 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol: I’m sorry this is frustrating but it also shows that Lloyd has had it with these lil rugrats. His patience is running thin.

I love the fact that he’s great in the community but frankly as an X’s and O’s coach he is behind guys like Bobby Weiss, and Mr. Potato head Woody.

Lloyd can’t continue what he’s doing.

Bench the starters! Make a trade!

I think our roster of young guys are getting mighty comfortable with the label of “being young”.

I gave it 25 games. We are 11-14, I’m sorry we are way too talented to have this record in the East. We should be at least 14-11.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,430

Post#32 » by CP War Hawks » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:17 pm

DD would be nice to have, but he's playing himself into a longterm deal with the Spurs. Yeah he doesn't take 3s but that is the beauty of it all with teams full of players actively hunting 3s even in transition.

Schlenk may have finally hit on a 2nd round gem in Mays. Hopefully he develops and takes the 2nd unit pg role away from Rondo and Goodwin. He has good size for it if nothing else. Depending on how his defense progresses I'll like to see his fit next to Trae.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Post#33 » by D21 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:44 am

Spud2nique wrote:
graymule wrote:

GO HAWKS!!!!

I usually don’t throw down unless I’m in Vegas Gramps but i went with my instincts and lost it, doubling up today to get it back. I lose tonight and I’m walking away. If I win I’m walking away. Throwin down $330 to win $300 tonight. I either walk away up $165 or down $465. Gambling is scary.

I gotta think about this. :lol:

First I pick on the Spurs, a well coached team, now I’m picking on most likely the most disciplined group of starters in the East in the Pacers. Oh boy..

It was really not the night to bet. Actually, I should have stick to only DET beating BOS, that I did not have time to validate because wanting to add the DEN loss with that.
Lucky on this as they came back and took the win, and again lucky that I forgot to validate a five players lineup including John !

Return to Atlanta Hawks