ImageImage

Note to Trae Young

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Note to Trae Young 

Post#1 » by Spud2nique » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:51 am

You got the Celtics coming up. They have Tatum and Brown in the all star game and I’m pretty sure Brad Stevens didn’t vote for you for the all star game and possibly snickered at the thought of selecting you.

Ball is in your court chief...
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Re: Note to Trae Young 

Post#2 » by Spud2nique » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:03 am

The NBA should list which coaches voted for which players. This way it’s not anonymous and we can target who to punish.

I’ll tell you one thing though, I can almost guarantee Brad Stevens didn’t vote for Trae. Hate that guy, Ainge and Boston as a city and organization.
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,962

Post#3 » by shakes0 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:55 pm

yep, the more I think about it I'm not even mad he didn't get picked. I think in the long run it could be a good. It SHOULD be a good thing. The question is what will Trae do with this slight? Will he use it as a reason to look in the mirror and evaluate the shortcomings in his game? I hope so.

His defense is starting to get a little better in spurts. Starting to figure out how to take charges. That's a plus.

But, the area where he MUST improve and there is literally zero reason he can't improve is his OFF THE BALL GAME. I don't understand how highly paid coaches and Trae himself can't see what is so plainly obvious for me to see watching the games. Trae has no clue how to move without the ball. He is way too easy to deny the ball to. He'll never fully unlock his game till he learns how to do what is really one of the easiest skills in all of basketball.

It's really this simple. Trae needs to tell himself that anytime he finds himself standing still without the ball, he's doing it wrong. Anytime he finds himself drifting closer and closer to mid court in an effort to get open, he's doing it wrong. It's not hard. Has no one showed him film on Steph Curry? It's really quite simple. If someone is face guarding you you make them work for it. NON STOP. you run them through screens along the baseline over and over again. And not just on plays designed for you. you do it on EVERY play. Force that defender to work non stop in an effort to deny you the ball.

It drives me crazy that he doesn't do this. Should I be the coach of the Hawks? probably, but I don't want the job.

Until Trae starts doing this he will never be more than he is right now.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#4 » by D21 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:12 pm

shakes0 wrote:yep, the more I think about it I'm not even mad he didn't get picked. I think in the long run it could be a good. It SHOULD be a good thing.

I also thought about it, and as long as he takes it like "OK, I will show them what this team can do" and not "OK, I will show them what I can do", it can be a blessing in disguise.
In a perfect world, it should be because in case he's taking it from the good POV, there would be a coach to explain it. At this moment, I'm not sure there's a coach to do such a thing.

Return to Atlanta Hawks