Rondo traded - done deal

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,487

Re: Rondo traded - done deal 

Post#21 » by dms269 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:24 pm

We do need Dunn back. It will be awful if he never plays this season then opts out.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,913

Post#22 » by jayu70 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:33 pm

dms269 wrote:We do need Dunn back. It will be awful if he never plays this season then opts out.

I don't see why he'd opt out if he doesn't play. He won't get $5 million....most likely a vet min deal.
If he comes back and plays really well and stays injury free, I think it's more likely he opts out and looks for a slight pay raise.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,468

Post#23 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:56 pm

Code: Select all

The Rondo trade has given the Hawks enough wiggle room to get a max deal done with Collins, if it comes to that, and stay under the tax. That’s why, in my opinion, keeping Collins becomes a much more likely outcome now than it was before this trade.

If one of the main priorities for Tony Ressler this offseason is to stay under the tax, he will be able to do so, even if the Hawks have Collins on the books at a maximum contract, which would start at $28 million next season.
The Athletic
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,421

Post#24 » by graymule » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:32 pm

:D

Clippers got exactly what they wanted. Hawks got exactly what they wanted.
Then, Atlanta added 2 second round picks and $$$$ cash! WOW! Travis
strikes again !! Welcome back home to our newest Hawk !!

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#25 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:26 pm

graymule wrote::D

Clippers got exactly what they wanted. Hawks got exactly what they wanted.
Then, Atlanta added 2 second round picks and $$$$ cash! WOW! Travis
strikes again !! Welcome back home to our newest Hawk !!

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Read on Twitter
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Post#26 » by D21 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:13 pm

I must admit that I was afraid that Lou would not be motivated enough to make any impact on this team and that the trade would not change anything, maybe even a loss if Rondo was to get back to his level once in playoffs, but I was wrong on it.
We beenfits from Bogi's size on creation, which is different than what Trae brings, and we needed someone with more scoring potential than Rondo, especially with all these injuries.
Goog job !
graymule
Bench Warmer

Post#27 » by graymule » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:47 pm

Personally, I was excited when this trade went down and, so far, I see no reason to change my thinking!
4th quarter, Sunday night VS the Bucks. WOW!!

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#28 » by HMFFL » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:04 pm

graymule wrote::D

Personally, I was excited when this trade went down and, so far, I see no reason to change my thinking!
4th quarter, Sunday night VS the Bucks. WOW!!

It made sense.
We can wait an see what Lou does this off-season.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,954

Post#29 » by shakes0 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:12 pm

He was great in the 4th and complete dogpoo before that.
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#30 » by shakes0 » Mon May 3, 2021 5:21 pm

Lou Will 3/18 in the last 3 games and he's a ball stopping black hole to boot.

Hasn't been 50% from the field in his last 12 games. During that span he has shot 38/108 = 35% from the field.

Aside from that one 4th quarter vs Milwaukee he's been complete garbage over the past 12 games. But at least he keeps shooting just about every time he touches the ball, right?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#31 » by Jamaaliver » Fri May 7, 2021 1:53 pm

This will be huge in the future when dealing with free agents and their representatives.

Read on Twitter
graymule
Bench Warmer

Post#32 » by graymule » Sun May 9, 2021 1:33 pm

Like all of us, both Lou W. and Rondo have their good days and their bad days. Seems that Rondo had more bad days here than Lou has. True, Lou thought about retiring rather than report. Once he decided to come home, he was committed. I hope we have him back for one more year.

Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#33 » by Galloisdaman » Sun May 9, 2021 7:38 pm

I know Lou is used to coming off the bench but it is not easy to play lesser minutes and be 100% sharp. That goes for everyone.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#34 » by shakes0 » Fri May 14, 2021 3:19 pm

When we eventually lose in the playoffs we'll look back at this trade as the reason why. Lou Will has turned our bench into garbage with his inept point guard play. When we made this deal I assumed it had a lot to do with Dunn coming back and taking over the PG duties for the bench, but obviously that has not happened. Now we are stuck with a team where you have to hold your breath and hope the team can at least keep the score the same while Trae is on the bench.

The bench has been a complete mess in the past couple weeks and it's all because of Lou Will and to a lesser extent Bozoman Hill.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#35 » by Jamaaliver » Sat May 15, 2021 3:16 pm

shakes0 wrote:Now we are stuck with a team where you have to hold your breath and hope the team can at least keep the score the same while Trae is on the bench.

The bench has been a complete mess in the past couple weeks and it's all because of Lou Will and to a lesser extent Bozoman Hill.

TBF, we had those same concerns when Rondo was here. He simply wasn't engaged or consistent when he was here. Admittedly, Lou has struggled greatly of late, leaving us in the same position.

It is mind-boggling why Nate has decided to place Solomon Hill ahead of a (presumably) healthy Kris Dunn in the playoff rotation.
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#36 » by shakes0 » Sat May 15, 2021 4:04 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
shakes0 wrote:Now we are stuck with a team where you have to hold your breath and hope the team can at least keep the score the same while Trae is on the bench.

TBF, we had those same concerns when Rondo was here. He simply wasn't engaged or consistent when he was here. Admittedly, Lou has struggled greatly of late, leaving us in the same position.

It is mind-boggling why Nate has decided to place Solomon Hill ahead of a (presumably) healthy Kris Dunn in the playoff rotation.

I'm assuming Bozoman is in there because he can defend bigger players. One thing I did like about last game was that Nate put Bozo in the starting lineup and must've told him he wasn't allowed to shoot cause he didn't take a shot till the 3rd quarter when he bricked a wide open corner 3.

I don't understand why Lou is ahead of Dunn at this point. If Lou isn't scoring he is the most negative player in the league. He looks for his shot first every single time he touches the ball and only passes when he can't get off his own shot...and then because he waited so long to pass the timing is ruined and any window to shoot the receiving player had is long gone by the time the ball arrives.

As for Rondo, I've been told that playoff Rondo is a real thing and it sure would've been nice to find out for ourselves.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#37 » by jayu70 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:10 pm

Great trade Travis, lol.
Read on Twitter
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#38 » by shakes0 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:07 pm

jayu70 wrote:Great trade Travis, lol.
Read on Twitter

yea he really screwed up this trade. You can say that just by looking at home much Nate had to change his rotation just to get the ball out of Lou's hands in the second unit. He was killing us in the first two games. Rondo would've been so much better for what we need. Rondo averaging 6 and 6 in 22 minutes per game so far for the Clippers with 8 total turnovers.

I really think the reason he made the trade is cause we sucked at the time and Lou had one less year on his contract. In hindsight that was a terrible rationale and decision.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#39 » by jayu70 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 4:22 pm

shakes0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

yea he really screwed up this trade. You can say that just by looking at home much Nate had to change his rotation just to get the ball out of Lou's hands in the second unit. He was killing us in the first two games. Rondo would've been so much better for what we need. Rondo averaging 6 and 6 in 22 minutes per game so far for the Clippers with 8 total turnovers.

I really think the reason he made the trade is cause we sucked at the time and Lou had one less year on his contract. In hindsight that was a terrible rationale and decision.

You are so wrong!
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#40 » by shakes0 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:27 pm

jayu70 wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

You are so wrong!

why, because Rondo is intense and Lou likes junk food? :lol:

I'd much rather have the back up PG who is averaging 5.8 APG in the playoffs vs the backup PG who is a tunnel vision chucker who can't be trusted to run the point by his own coach.

Return to Atlanta Hawks