ImageImage

Cam's Future

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,929

Re: Cam's Future 

Post#101 » by jayu70 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:14 pm

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:Short term luck good/bad: Since that 30 point scoring output he's 30% from the field and 23% from three. He's a free agent at the end of the year right?

I'm curious what kind of contract he might be in line for and how likely/inclined the hox are to pay it.

After the 30+ point game, unfortunately he has been struggling from a sprained ankle, so I would surmise that is the reason for those numbers. I think they should have held him out longer than the one game but unfortunately with so many players that were out with Covid he played and you can tell from his movements he did not have the same burst and lift. He left last game after 3 minutes after another sprain of the same ankle.
No he is not a free agent,but is eligible to negotiate an early extension on his rookie deal. He will be a RFA next offseason if he is still here and they are unable to come to an early extension agreement.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#102 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:31 pm

Young NBA Players Who Need a Trade by the 2022 Deadline

Cam Reddish

It feels too early to give up on Cam Reddish. His career box plus/minus is way below replacement level, but he's just 22 years old, is shooting a career high 37.9 percent from three and has eclipsed 30 points in two games this season.

And yet, it sounds like the Atlanta Hawks may be willing to move the 6'8" wing.

"I just think there's a belief out there that maybe they're not right now committed to giving Cam Reddish the type of contract he's looking for," ESPN's Brian Windhorst said on The Hoop Collective. "And so he potentially could be on the move."

Of course, Atlanta's reluctance to pay Reddish's next deal may be something teams around the league have in common. As with Marvin Bagley in Sacramento, any team acquiring Reddish would need to be fairly confident that it both wants him long term and is willing to pay what it might cost to secure that.

For some of the league's rebuilding franchises, those boxes should be checkable.

The Hawks' point differential has fallen off a cliff with Reddish on the floor this season, but he's averaging 18.8 points and 2.7 threes per 75 possessions. He's young, big enough to play multiple positions and athletic enough to become a plus defender.

And on a team where he might get to spend more time with starters, he could have an easier time positively influencing plus-minus.
Bleacher Report
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#103 » by Galloisdaman » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:29 pm

Was Cam traded to the Knicks? Just heard a rumor.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#104 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:38 pm

HMFFL wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:Trade him now!!!

Not high on him at all are you?
His value has certainly reached an all time high since being in the league.
What kind of return are you expecting to receive for him if we move him?

Him leaving has felt inevitable since we went on that great run last season without him.

But this return is pretty underwhelming.

Read on Twitter
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#105 » by HMFFL » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:08 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
HMFFL wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:Trade him now!!!

Not high on him at all are you?
His value has certainly reached an all time high since being in the league.
What kind of return are you expecting to receive for him if we move him?

Him leaving has felt inevitable since we went on that great run last season without him.

But this return is pretty underwhelming.

Read on Twitter
I do agree, but I hoped for more value for him. Time to proceed forward.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,633

Post#106 » by Rainwater » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:31 am

Would like to say I saw this coming.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#107 » by D21 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:54 pm

D21 wrote:The contract he's looking for... like they know what is looking for. Same thing than Collins last season, but way ahead. We still have 1 year and a half to extend Reddish, even if it's by matching a offer in summer 2023.
Yes, he may be a piece to trade if needed, but trading for this argument of him asking more money than they want to pay, now, is just the proof that they don't have a valid argument. It's the one they use when they have nothing

Appeared I was wrong on that, at least on the impact of what his agent was doing.
ATL had clearly the possibility to keep him at least until summer 2023, but Schlenk decided that the way he was playing for a contract more than the team would be a nightmare

Return to Atlanta Hawks