shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,954

Re: Cam's Future 

Post#81 » by shakes0 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:29 pm

shakes0 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
shakes0 wrote:

Agreed, his actual best role would be to just stay on the defensive side of the court and not even join the team on offense.

He is completely broken offensively. At this point I would start him out with the role I described above and if he can't raise his 3pt % then it's time to just get rid of him.

Again...this makes ZERO sense. He has played 84 total NBA games, 26 games this season - you don't throw the baby out with the bath water.
So your idea is to park him in the corner and just let him shoot 3's :lol: ....so make him a No 3 and D player I'm glad you are not the coach, that's all I got. :lol:

so what's your idea? Continue to give him the keys o the car when he's on the court and let him do whatever he wants in exchange for it hurting our chances of winning games? Keep in mind that we are now a team that is going to be competing for a top 4 seed going into next season.

My idea makes perfect sense. Start him out with very limited responsibility (play defense and stand in the corner awaiting open catch and shoot opportunities on offense) and if he proves he can do that slowly loosen up the reigns and give him more responsibility.

You say that his 3Pt shooting is poor, but he also took a lot of terrible 3 point shots. Step backs, 3s off the dribble, contested 3s. Let's remove those and see how his shooting is.

This post is better, explains my position back then.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,913

Post#82 » by jayu70 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:00 pm

shakes0 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
standing still at the 3pt line waiting for better players to get him the ball is the only role Reddish should get right now unless he proves that he is better than that. he sure didn't prove that this year.

That makes ZERO sense when you look at his 3pt percentages.

you still feel this way Jay?

Looks like my opinion was correct and we would be much better off if Cam just stood at the 3pt line waiting for catch and shoot opportunities.

If I was coach I would pull him any time he attempted a step back 3.

I'll say what I said on the Squawk, get rid of the stupid Stepback, he is taller than most his defenders, lean into his shots and he has a decent two dribble pull up jump shot - it's the dribble dribble fake fake dribble stepback that's problematic.
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,954

Post#83 » by shakes0 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:09 pm

jayu70 wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:That makes ZERO sense when you look at his 3pt percentages.

Looks like my opinion was correct and we would be much better off if Cam just stood at the 3pt line waiting for catch and shoot opportunities.

I'll say what I said on the Squawk, get rid of the stupid Stepback, he is taller than most his defenders, lean into his shots and he has a decent two dribble pull up jump shot - it's the dribble dribble fake fake dribble stepback that's problematic.

Last night when he came into the game and did that stupid step back rather than pass it to the guy who had just made 6 3s I officially decided I am over him. Even super Homer Dominique ripped on him for that.

The step backs are the #1 problem, but hardly the only problem. He still makes terrible decisions when driving the ball and rarely passes. And now his defense has fallen off as well.

I like some of his drives, but the bad outweighs the good.

I said it before and I'll say it again. If i was coach I would tell him he isn't allowed to do anything except play defense and shoot wide open catch and shoot 3s. Once he gets good at that and defenses start running him off the line then he can start adding some drives to his game. He's proven to be a very stupid player, one of the lowest IQ's on the team if not the lowest. He needs to be spoon fed and told exactly what to do until he proves he can feed himself.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,429

Post#84 » by CP War Hawks » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:19 pm

jayu70 wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:That makes ZERO sense when you look at his 3pt percentages.

After getting his jumper smacked like he was a small kid by Thybulle, he won't stop that shot. His issues have been the same, no lift from his legs and weak core/not enough body mass.

He gets to the cup just fine, but can't finish through contact. Still 22, his best ball is still ahead of him.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,468

Post#85 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:21 am

shakes0 wrote:The step backs are the #1 problem, but hardly the only problem. He still makes terrible decisions when driving the ball and rarely passes. And now his defense has fallen off as well.

I like some of his drives, but the bad outweighs the good.

I said it before and I'll say it again. If i was coach I would tell him he isn't allowed to do anything except play defense and shoot wide open catch and shoot 3s.

Read on Twitter

He should indeed focus on hitting open threes and attacking closeouts on offense.

Modeling his game after Khris Middleton is his best shot at being a starter-caliber NBA player.

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#86 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:58 pm

Trade him now.

Read on Twitter

Rival teams are expressing interest in Hawks swingman Cam Reddish, but those teams believe Atlanta seeks a first-round draft pick for Reddish, sources said. Reddish is averaging career highs across several offensive categories this season, including 11.1 points per game and 37 percent 3-point shooting.

Reddish will become eligible for an extension this offseason and the Hawks have a glut of players on the wing.
The Athletic
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#87 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:57 pm

Read on Twitter

Cam Reddish

Contract: Year 3 of 4-year, $19 million rookie deal, RFA 2023

The Hawks’ forward is putting up career-high numbers so far this season (11.2 PPG, 36.7 3FG%) and we all know Atlanta would love to keep him around. But the franchise probably can’t for much longer after it handed Trae Young, Kevin Huerter, and John Collins handsome extensions. Someone’s not going to get paid and it looks like that could be Reddish, who is eligible for a massive extension next summer (key word “eligible, doesn’t mean he’ll end up getting Young dollars). As one of the NBA’s deepest teams, Atlanta would be dealing from a position of strength if it decides to trade Reddish. While the Hawks could absolutely use his talents in their drive toward second-straight Eastern Conference Finals, if they can secure a future first-round pick, as Charania reported the Hawks will seek in return for the talented wing, it makes sense to get something out of Reddish while his stock remains high.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#88 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:08 am

Career night for Cam in a game that wasn't as competitive as the final score makes it seem.

Read on Twitter
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#89 » by HMFFL » Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:51 pm

Hawks would ask for a first-round pick in any potential Cam Reddish trade

[https://hoopshype]

Marc Stein on Cam Reddish: There’s no question he’s attracting interest. I don’t think you would get him away from the Hawks without surrendering a first-round pick. There’s still time for somebody to meet that price. So I do think it’s conceivable that we could see a Reddish. There’s considerable interest in him.

– via Marc Stein @ marcstein.substack.com

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,025

Post#90 » by tbhawksfan1 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:26 pm

HMFFL wrote:Hawks would ask for a first-round pick in any potential Cam Reddish trade

Marc Stein on Cam Reddish: There’s no question he’s attracting interest. I don’t think you would get him away from the Hawks without surrendering a first-round pick. There’s still time for somebody to meet that price. So I do think it’s conceivable that we could see a Reddish. There’s considerable interest in him.

I say that it has to be a lottery pick. Cam has shown that he can play and still hass sky high potential. He's still a kid.

Hawks are at a point where they need contribute now guys. We are competing. We have young guys with OO, JJ, Coop. I don't trade Cam unless it's for a consolidation bringing in a clear #2
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#91 » by HMFFL » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:30 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:
HMFFL wrote:Hawks would ask for a first-round pick in any potential Cam Reddish trade

I say that it has to be a lottery pick. Cam has shown that he can play and still hass sky high potential. He's still a kid.

Hawks are at a point where they need contribute now guys. We are competing. We have young guys with OO, JJ, Coop. I don't trade Cam unless it's for a consolidation bringing in a clear #2
I believe a lottery pick is what we wanted before the last draft when teams inquired about him. Does he have star potential is the question? Our front office gets to see Cam at practice and knows what's best.

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#92 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:32 am

Trade him now!!!

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,429

Post#93 » by CP War Hawks » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:34 am

Jamaaliver wrote:Trade him now!!!

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

But for who tho. He's outplaying Bogi, Huerter, and on par with Hunter rn. Nate is not going to sit him now that he's establishing himself, we'll see how that plays out. At this point, I'm only packaging him for an established vet/star type
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#94 » by HMFFL » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:59 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Not high on him at all are you?
His value has certainly reached an all time high since being in the league.
What kind of return are you expecting to receive for him if we move him?

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#95 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:41 am

CP War Hawks wrote:

But for who tho.

HMFFL wrote:Not high on him at all are you?
His value has certainly reached an all time high since being in the league.
What kind of return are you expecting to receive for him if we move him?

I just can't get past a number of concerns with him.

• His inconsistency
  • The fact that our most successful stretch came with him out last season
  • That his best games always seem to come in losses
  • The fact that he avg more turnovers than assists
  • Per multiple reports, Travis already placed him on the trade market earlier in 2021
  • The fact we have other more consistent options at the same positions

It also seems that he's been miscast as a SF/SG when he's clearly better suited as a PF/SF. (Positions we have a clear surplus of.)

I do think he'll continue to improve as a player, but I no longer see him as an integral part of this team. Ultimately, if Cam Reddish is one of the top players on your team -- your team will be exactly where we are: middle of the pack.

As far as a return, I could see him packaged with Gallinari's contract for an established player. But more than likely, he gets moved for a draft pick to a team that already has too many young players and doesn't need more lottery selections.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#96 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:09 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#97 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Jan 8, 2022 9:07 pm

This feels about right.

Brian Windhorst wrote:I just think there's a belief out there that maybe they're not right now committed to giving Cam Reddish the type of contract he's looking for. And so he potentially could be on the move. ... I'm not sure there have been offers, but when you talk to teams, they will say that they look for Reddish to potentially be packaged with Delon Wright and/or Solomon Hill, who's in the last year [of their] contract.
Bleacher Report

Read on Twitter
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Post#98 » by D21 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:04 am

The contract he's looking for... like they know what is looking for. Same thing than Collins last season, but way ahead. We still have 1 year and a half to extend Reddish, even if it's by matching a offer in summer 2023.
Yes, he may be a piece to trade if needed, but trading for this argument of him asking more money than they want to pay, now, is just the proof that they don't have a valid argument. It's the one they use when they have nothing
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#99 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:06 am

Short term luck good/bad: Since that 30 point scoring output he's 30% from the field and 23% from three. He's a free agent at the end of the year right?

I'm curious what kind of contract he might be in line for and how likely/inclined the hox are to pay it.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#100 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:01 pm

GreatWhiteStiff wrote: He's a free agent at the end of the year right?

I'm curious what kind of contract he might be in line for and how likely/inclined the hox are to pay it.

He's eligible to negotiate a rookie contract extension this summer. But he is under team control through Summer 2023 when he will be a RFA.

Return to Atlanta Hawks