ImageImage

Cam's Future

Moderators: dms269, HMFFL, Jamaaliver

Rainwater
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,266
And1: 2,574
Joined: Apr 02, 2017

Re: Cam's Future 

Post#21 » by Rainwater » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:53 pm

I would think after the playoff showing they would keep Cam but per wiretap he is on the block.
User avatar
D21
Analyst
Posts: 3,662
And1: 419
Joined: Sep 09, 2005

Re: Cam's Future 

Post#22 » by D21 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:02 am

Rainwater wrote:I would think after the playoff showing they would keep Cam but per wiretap he is on the block.


You just have to answer to a phone call, not knowing what it will be about, and listen the other team asking what you would want for Cam, and suddenly, you are in the wiretap as "Hawks wants to trade Reddish"... it already started months ago, and as this team has so many good young guys, they will all make stories each time a team will call ATL, and I'm sure at least half of the league will call for these young guys
Rainwater
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,266
And1: 2,574
Joined: Apr 02, 2017

Re: Cam's Future 

Post#23 » by Rainwater » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:25 am

D21 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:I would think after the playoff showing they would keep Cam but per wiretap he is on the block.


You just have to answer to a phone call, not knowing what it will be about, and listen the other team asking what you would want for Cam, and suddenly, you are in the wiretap as "Hawks wants to trade Reddish"... it already started months ago, and as this team has so many good young guys, they will all make stories each time a team will call ATL, and I'm sure at least half of the league will call for these young guys


At some point the Hawks will have to make decisions on these young guys. Some of these guys will want playing time and money and the hawks can't promise that to all of them. This is what they are going through with Huerter and Collins. And with Huerter, Bordgan, and Hunter, where does this leave Cam?
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 27,887
And1: 10,750
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Cam's Future 

Post#24 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:51 am

Chris Kirchner wrote:The Hawks were listening on offers for Reddish before the deadline and they’re still listening now, according to league sources.

He’s going to be 22 years old next season, so there’s still plenty of time for him to figure it out and show consistency. If the Hawks could swing a trade for a second star, they absolutely shouldn’t have any hesitation about putting Reddish in the deal, whereas they should hesitate to include Hunter (if fully healthy). I also understand the consideration of trading Reddish for a lottery pick, especially when considering future cap and tax ramifications. Trading Reddish for a lottery pick gives the Hawks two additional years where they don’t have to worry about his second contract.

And let’s be honest, when discussing the possibility of trading Reddish for a lottery pick, Reddish himself is still a question mark, too, like a high draft pick would be. If the decision was up to me, I’d definitely trade him in a package for a star and think strongly about moving him for a lottery pick — I would not move him for a pick lower than the lottery.
The Athletic
atlantabbq99
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,108
And1: 1,358
Joined: Mar 28, 2013

Re: Cam's Future 

Post#25 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:45 am

I would rather trade Huerter and keep Cam.

But if a top five prospect ends up falling to the late lottery like what happen to Paul Pierce and Kawhi, then ya, why not pull the trigger on such a trade.

maybe if Scottie Barnes or Moses Moody ends up falling out of the top 10, then the Hawks can make an offer?
ghsermon
Ballboy
Posts: 32
And1: 16
Joined: Jul 26, 2021
       

Re: Cam's Future 

Post#26 » by ghsermon » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:31 pm

I don't think you are getting the value for Cam that most think. Given that to be the case I think my play would be to slow roll Hunter's return next year to really make sure he's right medically. Start Cam and let him show improvements (13 ppg/4 rpg) seemse reasonable, then trade him at the deadline where his stock would be at an all time high.
tbhawksfan1
Starter
Posts: 2,160
And1: 1,168
Joined: May 23, 2015

Re: Cam's Future 

Post#27 » by tbhawksfan1 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:12 pm

I'm still a big believer in Cam's blow up potential. He has absolutely shown that he has things to put together...not even 22 yet
kg01
Head Coach
Posts: 7,479
And1: 11,023
Joined: Jun 28, 2017
 

Re: Cam's Future 

Post#28 » by kg01 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:57 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:I'm still a big believer in Cam's blow up potential. He has absolutely shown that he has things to put together...not even 22 yet


Hey, why wait on Cam when you can draft another dude tonight who, when it's all said and done, could be as good as ... Cam .... in 2-4 years.

Well atleast you'll feel like you're doing something.

:roll:
king01 :king:
jayu70
RealGM
Posts: 13,849
And1: 10,149
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Cam's Future 

Post#29 » by jayu70 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:08 pm

I'll just leave this here:
Read on Twitter
?s=20
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 27,887
And1: 10,750
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Cam's Future 

Post#30 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:07 pm

According to The Ringer's Kevin O'Connor, the Hawks have been gauging the interest of teams picking late in the lottery during Thursday night's event. Reddish, who was the 10th pick in 2019, did some good things last year. Injury limited him to 26 regular-season games, but when healthy, he averaged 11.2 points, 4.0 rebounds, 1.3 three-pointers made, 1.3 assists and 1.3 steals while shooting 36.5 percent from the field and 26.2 percent from deep.

While Reddish can be a good piece, especially off the bench, the Hawks already have a similar player in De'Andre Hunter.
-Bleach Report
Spud2nique
General Manager
Posts: 8,415
And1: 4,985
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: Cam's Future 

Post#31 » by Spud2nique » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:01 pm

Jam, I think I already know the answer to this but would you do

Sixers get: Cam, Gallo, Dunn, Bruno and #20

Hawks get: Ben Simmons + Shake Milton

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjqvlpx8
GO HAWKS!!! :thumbsup:
ghsermon
Ballboy
Posts: 32
And1: 16
Joined: Jul 26, 2021
       

Re: Cam's Future 

Post#32 » by ghsermon » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:28 pm

Read on Twitter



Seems awfully pricey to move Cam to move up 7 spots unless there is a guy you are targetting late lottery that you really like. Maybe a guy like Kai Jones? Or maybe a Davion Mitchell to make sure your 2nd unit runs when Trae is out.
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 27,887
And1: 10,750
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Cam's Future 

Post#33 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:31 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Jam, I think I already know the answer to this but would you do

Sixers get: Cam, Gallo, Dunn, Bruno and #20

Hawks get: Ben Simmons + Shake Milton

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjqvlpx8


In a heartbeat. (I rate Simmons as the single, most valuable defensive player in the NBA.)

Hell, I'd probably insist on adding more value just so it's fair to Philadelphia!

LOL
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 27,887
And1: 10,750
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Cam's Future 

Post#34 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:35 pm

ghsermon wrote:Seems awfully pricey to move Cam to move up 7 spots unless there is a guy you are targetting late lottery that you really like. Maybe a guy like Kai Jones? Or maybe a Davion Mitchell to make sure your 2nd unit runs when Trae is out.



Agreed. You only move Cam (+ extras) if you're confident the player you're after is even better.

And with Travis and company's draft record, it's hard to question them too much. Kai and Davion seem like solid guesses and worthy draft targets.


NOTE: I've long feared that Cam's best days would come later in his career on another team. At least this way, we're ahead of the curve and not losing him for limited return..

(Plus, trading Cam now seems like it keeps Huerter here for the long haul and possibly Collins for at least another season.)
Spud2nique
General Manager
Posts: 8,415
And1: 4,985
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: Cam's Future 

Post#35 » by Spud2nique » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:37 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Jam, I think I already know the answer to this but would you do

Sixers get: Cam, Gallo, Dunn, Bruno and #20

Hawks get: Ben Simmons + Shake Milton

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjqvlpx8


In a heartbeat. (I rate Simmons as the single, most valuable defensive player in the NBA.)

Hell, I'd probably insist on adding more value just so it's fair to Philadelphia!

LOL


:lol: Listening to NBA radio earlier this morning and they said that Morey wants like 4 draft picks and a young star. They said he’s gonna probably hold onto Ben and not be so quick to deal.

Also, Cam is from Philly. Have a feeling he would accept the trade. My 2019 Cam jersey is in jeopardy. Lol.
GO HAWKS!!! :thumbsup:
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 45,202
And1: 5,229
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: Cam's Future 

Post#36 » by HMFFL » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:57 pm

Cam and #20 seems to possibly be with Indiana for #13 if it happens.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 27,887
And1: 10,750
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Cam's Future 

Post#37 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:53 am

A Warriors trade for Reddish would be good Plan B at NBA draft

The Warriors figure to have numerous options Thursday night when the 2021 NBA Draft finally commences. While most expect the Warriors to either deal their lottery picks for veteran upgrades or try to move up for a star such as Gonzaga's Jalen Suggs, an intriguing trade-down possibility could be on the table.

The Ringer's Kevin O'Connor reported Thursday that the Atlanta Hawks are offering young forward Cam Reddish and the No. 20 overall pick in an attempt to jump into the late lottery.

The Warriors own the rights to the No. 14 pick, so this could be a way for them to add a talented, young 3-and-D wing while still selecting at No. 7 and again at No. 20.

Reddish, 21, missed a large chunk of last season because of an Achilles issue, but he played well in the final three games of the Hawks' Eastern Conference finals loss to the Milwaukee Bucks. Reddish, at 6-foot-8, has the length and athleticism to bother the NBA's top wings, as he showed with his tenacious effort against Khris Middleton.

If the Hawks truly are willing to attach Reddish to the No. 20 pick to jump up a few spots, it would behoove the Warriors to listen. The Warriors have a big need for wings, especially with Kelly Oubre's return to Golden State looking less likely. Reddish would provide the Warriors with a young, two-way wing who can defend multiple positions, knock down outside shots and has a lot of potential.
NBC Sports Bay Area
User avatar
D21
Analyst
Posts: 3,662
And1: 419
Joined: Sep 09, 2005

Re: Cam's Future 

Post#38 » by D21 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:13 am

Rainwater wrote:At some point the Hawks will have to make decisions on these young guys. Some of these guys will want playing time and money and the hawks can't promise that to all of them. This is what they are going through with Huerter and Collins. And with Huerter, Bordgan, and Hunter, where does this leave Cam?


At least, regarding playing time, I don't any big problem if we are sure they are the guys to be contender each year.
PG+SG+SF+backup PF = 48+48+48+16 = 160 minutes
160 / 5 = 32 minutes for each of Trae, Bogi, Kevin, Cam and De'Andre

Sure, it can look better to have 4 guys out of these 5 and two 16min bench players, but it's also a perfect playoffs main rotation.
Add John for the 32 other minutes at PF, and Clint and Okongwu at C and you have 8 players.
If Okongwu and Reddish can confirm improvement, it would be a killer lineup for years, so even if it would be complicated to keep them all and play them all, mainly during regular season, I still think it would be better to first test it during this season before deciding to trade anyone
User avatar
D21
Analyst
Posts: 3,662
And1: 419
Joined: Sep 09, 2005

Re: Cam's Future 

Post#39 » by D21 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:20 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
A Warriors trade for Reddish would be good Plan B at NBA draft

The Warriors figure to have numerous options Thursday night when the 2021 NBA Draft finally commences. While most expect the Warriors to either deal their lottery picks for veteran upgrades or try to move up for a star such as Gonzaga's Jalen Suggs, an intriguing trade-down possibility could be on the table.

The Ringer's Kevin O'Connor reported Thursday that the Atlanta Hawks are offering young forward Cam Reddish and the No. 20 overall pick in an attempt to jump into the late lottery.

The Warriors own the rights to the No. 14 pick, so this could be a way for them to add a talented, young 3-and-D wing while still selecting at No. 7 and again at No. 20.

Reddish, 21, missed a large chunk of last season because of an Achilles issue, but he played well in the final three games of the Hawks' Eastern Conference finals loss to the Milwaukee Bucks. Reddish, at 6-foot-8, has the length and athleticism to bother the NBA's top wings, as he showed with his tenacious effort against Khris Middleton.

If the Hawks truly are willing to attach Reddish to the No. 20 pick to jump up a few spots, it would behoove the Warriors to listen. The Warriors have a big need for wings, especially with Kelly Oubre's return to Golden State looking less likely. Reddish would provide the Warriors with a young, two-way wing who can defend multiple positions, knock down outside shots and has a lot of potential.
NBC Sports Bay Area


Yeah... a "a young, two-way wing who can defend multiple positions, knock down outside shots and has a lot of potential", and we would give this kind of player (looking so interesting to other teams) with a 20th pick to get a 14th pick only... :D
ghsermon
Ballboy
Posts: 32
And1: 16
Joined: Jul 26, 2021
       

Re: Cam's Future 

Post#40 » by ghsermon » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:18 pm

So I guess if the trade went down it would have been Jalen Johnson & Cam Reddish for Moses Moody. Of the 3 I actually would like Moody's fit with the Hawks and would take him over Cam given his contract flexibility vs Cam, however I would not trade both Jalen and Cam for Moody.

Return to Atlanta Hawks