shakes0
Analyst
And1: 3,459

Re: Cam's Future 

Post#81 » by shakes0 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:29 pm

shakes0 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
shakes0 wrote:

Agreed, his actual best role would be to just stay on the defensive side of the court and not even join the team on offense.

He is completely broken offensively. At this point I would start him out with the role I described above and if he can't raise his 3pt % then it's time to just get rid of him.

Again...this makes ZERO sense. He has played 84 total NBA games, 26 games this season - you don't throw the baby out with the bath water.
So your idea is to park him in the corner and just let him shoot 3's :lol: ....so make him a No 3 and D player I'm glad you are not the coach, that's all I got. :lol:

so what's your idea? Continue to give him the keys o the car when he's on the court and let him do whatever he wants in exchange for it hurting our chances of winning games? Keep in mind that we are now a team that is going to be competing for a top 4 seed going into next season.

My idea makes perfect sense. Start him out with very limited responsibility (play defense and stand in the corner awaiting open catch and shoot opportunities on offense) and if he proves he can do that slowly loosen up the reigns and give him more responsibility.

You say that his 3Pt shooting is poor, but he also took a lot of terrible 3 point shots. Step backs, 3s off the dribble, contested 3s. Let's remove those and see how his shooting is.

This post is better, explains my position back then.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 10,151

Post#82 » by jayu70 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:00 pm

shakes0 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
standing still at the 3pt line waiting for better players to get him the ball is the only role Reddish should get right now unless he proves that he is better than that. he sure didn't prove that this year.

That makes ZERO sense when you look at his 3pt percentages.

you still feel this way Jay?

Looks like my opinion was correct and we would be much better off if Cam just stood at the 3pt line waiting for catch and shoot opportunities.

If I was coach I would pull him any time he attempted a step back 3.

I'll say what I said on the Squawk, get rid of the stupid Stepback, he is taller than most his defenders, lean into his shots and he has a decent two dribble pull up jump shot - it's the dribble dribble fake fake dribble stepback that's problematic.
shakes0
Analyst
And1: 3,459

Post#83 » by shakes0 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:09 pm

jayu70 wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:That makes ZERO sense when you look at his 3pt percentages.

Looks like my opinion was correct and we would be much better off if Cam just stood at the 3pt line waiting for catch and shoot opportunities.

I'll say what I said on the Squawk, get rid of the stupid Stepback, he is taller than most his defenders, lean into his shots and he has a decent two dribble pull up jump shot - it's the dribble dribble fake fake dribble stepback that's problematic.

Last night when he came into the game and did that stupid step back rather than pass it to the guy who had just made 6 3s I officially decided I am over him. Even super Homer Dominique ripped on him for that.

The step backs are the #1 problem, but hardly the only problem. He still makes terrible decisions when driving the ball and rarely passes. And now his defense has fallen off as well.

I like some of his drives, but the bad outweighs the good.

I said it before and I'll say it again. If i was coach I would tell him he isn't allowed to do anything except play defense and shoot wide open catch and shoot 3s. Once he gets good at that and defenses start running him off the line then he can start adding some drives to his game. He's proven to be a very stupid player, one of the lowest IQ's on the team if not the lowest. He needs to be spoon fed and told exactly what to do until he proves he can feed himself.
CP War Hawks
Sixth Man
And1: 832

Post#84 » by CP War Hawks » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:19 pm

jayu70 wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:That makes ZERO sense when you look at his 3pt percentages.

After getting his jumper smacked like he was a small kid by Thybulle, he won't stop that shot. His issues have been the same, no lift from his legs and weak core/not enough body mass.

He gets to the cup just fine, but can't finish through contact. Still 22, his best ball is still ahead of him.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 10,750

Post#85 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:21 am

shakes0 wrote:The step backs are the #1 problem, but hardly the only problem. He still makes terrible decisions when driving the ball and rarely passes. And now his defense has fallen off as well.

I like some of his drives, but the bad outweighs the good.

I said it before and I'll say it again. If i was coach I would tell him he isn't allowed to do anything except play defense and shoot wide open catch and shoot 3s.

Read on Twitter

He should indeed focus on hitting open threes and attacking closeouts on offense.

Modeling his game after Khris Middleton is his best shot at being a starter-caliber NBA player.

Read on Twitter

Return to Atlanta Hawks