ImageImage

Kevin Huerter and Hawks agree to 4yr/$65 million extension

Moderators: dms269, HMFFL, Jamaaliver

jayu70
RealGM
Posts: 13,849
And1: 10,149
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Kevin Huerter and Hawks agree to 4yr/$65 million extension 

Post#1 » by jayu70 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:02 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 45,202
And1: 5,229
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: Keving Huerter and Hawks agree to 4yr/$65 million extension 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:03 pm

It seems fair so I don't have an issue with it.
He should only get better.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
jayu70
RealGM
Posts: 13,849
And1: 10,149
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Kevin Huerter and Hawks agree to 4yr/$65 million extension 

Post#3 » by jayu70 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:22 am

Contract Breakdown:


Year 1 - $14,508,929
Year 2 - $15,669,643
Year 3 - $16,830,357
Year 4 - $17,991,071
User avatar
D21
Analyst
Posts: 3,662
And1: 419
Joined: Sep 09, 2005

Re: Kevin Huerter and Hawks agree to 4yr/$65 million extension 

Post#4 » by D21 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:47 am

Great for both him and the team
I was expecting less than Bogi, between 60 and 65, not seing Schlenk giving more then 65
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 27,887
And1: 10,750
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Kevin Huerter and Hawks agree to 4yr/$65 million extension 

Post#5 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:19 pm

Man, I love this kid.

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM
Posts: 13,849
And1: 10,149
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Kevin Huerter and Hawks agree to 4yr/$65 million extension 

Post#6 » by jayu70 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
shakes0
Analyst
Posts: 3,220
And1: 3,459
Joined: Jul 14, 2017
Location: Chicago
       

Re: Kevin Huerter and Hawks agree to 4yr/$65 million extension 

Post#7 » by shakes0 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:35 pm

Is it too late to get our money back from this fraud?
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 27,887
And1: 10,750
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Kevin Huerter and Hawks agree to 4yr/$65 million extension 

Post#8 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:28 pm

:o
Vincecarder
Pro Prospect
Posts: 810
And1: 7
Joined: Jul 31, 2003
Location: Toronto
       

Re: Kevin Huerter and Hawks agree to 4yr/$65 million extension 

Post#9 » by Vincecarder » Tue Nov 2, 2021 6:51 pm

Will the real Kevin Huerter please stand up......

K'von's best game was when he started when Hunter was down but he's had one of the worst starts to a season, it's like he forgot how to shoot. Is it the ankle surgery holding him back? Playing off the bench in a different role ie it's all about Cam? Or even the new Wilson basketball that's been giving some players trouble?

Again, I'm not too worried about Kevin as I know he will bounce back but if he is laying a few more goose eggs maybe a game or 2 in the D-league where he can take enough shots to get back into some kind of flow might be necessary.
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 27,887
And1: 10,750
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Kevin Huerter and Hawks agree to 4yr/$65 million extension 

Post#10 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 2, 2021 7:07 pm

Vincecarder wrote:Will the real Kevin Huerter please stand up......

Again, I'm not too worried about Kevin as I know he will bounce back but if he is laying a few more goose eggs maybe a game or 2 in the D-league where he can take enough shots to get back into some kind of flow might be necessary.


It's been two weeks...a bit soon to start mentioning demotion to the minor leagues.

With that said, I don't think it's a coincidence Huerter was given last night off for 'rest'.
shakes0
Analyst
Posts: 3,220
And1: 3,459
Joined: Jul 14, 2017
Location: Chicago
       

Re: Kevin Huerter and Hawks agree to 4yr/$65 million extension 

Post#11 » by shakes0 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 8:00 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Vincecarder wrote:Will the real Kevin Huerter please stand up......

Again, I'm not too worried about Kevin as I know he will bounce back but if he is laying a few more goose eggs maybe a game or 2 in the D-league where he can take enough shots to get back into some kind of flow might be necessary.


It's been two weeks...a bit soon to start mentioning demotion to the minor leagues.

With that said, I don't think it's a coincidence Huerter was given last night off for 'rest'.


was he off for rest last night? They never said why during the telecast.

Did he get really tired making that one basket in his last two games?
kg01
Head Coach
Posts: 7,479
And1: 11,023
Joined: Jun 28, 2017
 

Re: Kevin Huerter and Hawks agree to 4yr/$65 million extension 

Post#12 » by kg01 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 8:26 pm

shakes0 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Vincecarder wrote:Will the real Kevin Huerter please stand up......

Again, I'm not too worried about Kevin as I know he will bounce back but if he is laying a few more goose eggs maybe a game or 2 in the D-league where he can take enough shots to get back into some kind of flow might be necessary.


It's been two weeks...a bit soon to start mentioning demotion to the minor leagues.

With that said, I don't think it's a coincidence Huerter was given last night off for 'rest'.


was he off for rest last night? They never said why during the telecast.

Did he get really tired making that one basket in his last two games?


Haha. That reminds me of one of my least favorite Hawk stories of all time.

So it was like year 2 or 3 of Marvin Williams career and the Hawk had a game in Seattle (his hometown). Lo and behold, out of nowhere, he pops for a 30+ pt game and the Hawks win.

All us fans and reporters were thinking, "this is it!". Now the potential's finally gonna come to fruition and that 2nd overall pick is finally gonna show some thangs ... right?

Well the reporters all gather 'round his locker for the postgame and ask stte, "Man how's it feel to have your first 30 point game, blah, blah .."

Ol' Marvin looks up and says, "Man ... I'm tired! I don't see how Kobe and them take that many shots every night. I don't know about that."

I was like, "excuse me, what?" Guy had no interest in being that kind of player. I knew then he'd always be a role-player. Of course, he made a good career for himself. But you don't pick a guy at 2 to just go along to get along.

Anyway, not that I expect multiple all-stars outta Kevin. Your comment just reminded me of that Marvin story.
king01 :king:
jayu70
RealGM
Posts: 13,849
And1: 10,149
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Kevin Huerter and Hawks agree to 4yr/$65 million extension 

Post#13 » by jayu70 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 8:29 pm

shakes0 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Vincecarder wrote:Will the real Kevin Huerter please stand up......

Again, I'm not too worried about Kevin as I know he will bounce back but if he is laying a few more goose eggs maybe a game or 2 in the D-league where he can take enough shots to get back into some kind of flow might be necessary.


It's been two weeks...a bit soon to start mentioning demotion to the minor leagues.

With that said, I don't think it's a coincidence Huerter was given last night off for 'rest'.


was he off for rest last night? They never said why during the telecast.

Did he get really tired making that one basket in his last two games?

Off season ankle surgery perhaps and trying to get back in shape?
Read on Twitter
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 27,887
And1: 10,750
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Kevin Huerter and Hawks agree to 4yr/$65 million extension 

Post#14 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:14 am

Thoughts on this development?
Does it make Huerter more tradable?
Does it make Bogdan more likely to be moved or benched?
Any chance Hunter comes off the bench when he returns from injury?

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM
Posts: 13,849
And1: 10,149
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Kevin Huerter and Hawks agree to 4yr/$65 million extension 

Post#15 » by jayu70 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:26 am

Jamaaliver wrote:Thoughts on this development?
Does it make Huerter more tradable?
Does it make Bogdan more likely to be moved or benched?
Any chance Hunter comes off the bench when he returns from injury?

Read on Twitter

Yes.
Vincecarder
Pro Prospect
Posts: 810
And1: 7
Joined: Jul 31, 2003
Location: Toronto
       

Re: Kevin Huerter and Hawks agree to 4yr/$65 million extension 

Post#16 » by Vincecarder » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:25 pm

Huerter isn't the same player off the bench, he has to start. Hawks have enough pieces to make a big move but can just wait for Hunter and Okongu to come back and be in great shape to fight for 1st round home court.

Return to Atlanta Hawks