WTF?
52%

Total votes: 58

D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Re: Cam Reddish Traded to NY Knickerbockers 

Post#81 » by D21 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:07 am

iLLmatic860 wrote:...Anyways curious to see how Hawks fans feel about this? I havent seen enough Cam to see star potential but from what ive seen, I personally have never seen it but I hope I’m wrong

It happened sometimes that watching him makes you think "Oh, he was really easy on that move"... so a bit , yes. But it also hapened a lot that 75% of his action is perfect but the last 25% was bad choice/bad finish.

Now, what hurts is that he can dream of being the best he can be, but having the first goal (if the text is not out of context) to be a first... then let's play tennis and you're responsible of you only. Nobody has ever told him that bball is a collective sport, and that the goal is to be better at winning games, with the other guys in the team ?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,470

Post#82 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:38 am

Read on Twitter
raleigh
Head Coach
And1: 505

Post#83 » by raleigh » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:21 pm

https://theathletic.com/3075961/2022/01/18/cam-reddish-with-knicks-whose-minutes-will-he-take-will-his-role-be-more-of-the-same/

There are only 25 total minutes left over for Reddish...some as a backup four

Either way, that’s somewhere between five and seven guys who will dribble more than Reddish if all is running smoothly.

I think the odds that the Knicks extend Cam this offseason are low. They're probably gonna wait to see him prove his worth next year.

TBH, it probably would've been better for both Cam and the Hawks for him to have waited to submit his trade request this coming offseason.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#84 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:26 pm

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#85 » by HMFFL » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:19 am

raleigh wrote:https://theathletic.com/3075961/2022/01/18/cam-reddish-with-knicks-whose-minutes-will-he-take-will-his-role-be-more-of-the-same/

There are only 25 total minutes left over for Reddish...some as a backup four

Either way, that’s somewhere between five and seven guys who will dribble more than Reddish if all is running smoothly.

I think the odds that the Knicks extend Cam this offseason are low. They're probably gonna wait to see him prove his worth next year.

TBH, it probably would've been better for both Cam and the Hawks for him to have waited to submit his trade request this coming offseason.
Our front office handled it professionally. It's hard to come to work if you're not happy and that can be a strain on our locker room.

I wish Cam the best but I don't believe he's anything special. He's missing the killer mindset or even a strong one for being retired to highly.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,025

Post#86 » by tbhawksfan1 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:07 am

Knicks board is not happy with the trade
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#87 » by tbhawksfan1 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:09 am

Heck I'm even happy with what Knox is doing...at least he seems happy to do what they ask
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#88 » by malik959 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:17 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:So, this kid sat and watched all the success we'd experienced last year...and then instead of looking to make a role for himself on this winning squad -- he asked to go elsewhere?

That's incredibly selfish, shortsighted. Another Klutch Sports client getting terrible advice.

Read on Twitter

It's a little tough when a team continues to stock pile forwards to only push you closer and closer to the end of the bench so I wouldn't call it being selfish, the kid wanted to play and the only time he got minutes was when somebody got injured. I really like Cam and he really does have a lot of talent. Like Knox I don't really believe either one has really had the opportunity. Knox has proven time and time again that he can score yet Thibs would never use him in certain situations. And when he did play him he would just stick him in a corner similar to how he does Obi. Obi could be a great mid-range threat. Cam can play a similar role to Grimes and I would love to see the too play together and in fact add McBride in and you probably have the best defensive team in the league yet a defensive mind in Thibs doesn't even attempt to try it because he's so stuck on vets like Taj and Burks.

I live in Atl (originally from NY) and will always keep an eye on Knox. The kid has skills and a great work habbit. He just needs a good coach to put a foot up his azz and give him that opportunity. I hope he works out well for the Hawks and maybe this could be a win win situation. As far as the pick i never understood why the Knicks swapped picks in the first place for this draft may only have a handful of decent players in it.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#89 » by tbhawksfan1 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:35 pm

Know seems like a good guy. Hope he can contribute while here and get his value up as he's an expiring. I don't see Travis giving him a contract though. We have already paid a bunch of players and have more important contracts on the way like Hunter and OO.

I'm thinking that if Travis pulls off a trade, Knox will be included. Better to get some value than to let him just walk this offseason
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,917

Post#90 » by jayu70 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:45 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:Know seems like a good guy. Hope he can contribute while here and get his value up as he's an expiring. I don't see Travis giving him a contract though. We have already paid a bunch of players and have more important contracts on the way like Hunter and OO.

I'm thinking that if Travis pulls off a trade, Knox will be included. Better to get some value than to let him just walk this offseason

Knox is a RFA with a QO of $7.9 mil.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#91 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:19 pm

Have you guys heard anything about this?

Code: Select all

...Reddish already seems to be falling out of favor in New York, which can be attributed in large part to Tom Thibodeau’s apparent inability to determine how to best use him.
NESN
jayu70
RealGM

Post#92 » by jayu70 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:35 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Have you guys heard anything about this?

...Reddish already seems to be falling out of favor in New York, which can be attributed in large part to Tom Thibodeau’s apparent inability to determine how to best use him.
NESN

It was already noted at the time of the trade that unless the Knicks made subsequent trades to clear roster spots he would be on the outside of the rotation. Is it that Thibs doesn't know how best to use him or it just Thib's way to play the veterans above all else.
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,955

Post#93 » by shakes0 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:18 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Have you guys heard anything about this?

NESN

Thibs doesn't know how to use him? :lol: :lol: That's rich.

Who wrote that blurb, Cam's dad?

Reddish is falling of favor because Thibs is a no nonsense coach who can recognize BS and Can's game is basically just BS at this point.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#94 » by jayu70 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:30 am

Cam Reddish unlikely to crack Knicks rotation

Reddish didn’t get off the bench again in the loss Friday night at Milwaukee, and despite six losses over the past seven games, Thibodeau indicated that he isn’t likely to alter his current 10-man rotation without an injury or further trades. “Everything was discussed. We like who he is. We like the talent,” Thibodeau said when asked about Reddish following the game Friday. “And right now — it’s a long season. We knew we traded someone who wasn’t in the rotation, so you can’t keep adding to it without taking someone out. We can have injuries, so just have to be patient and work our way through it.”

– via Peter Botte @ New York Post
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#95 » by tbhawksfan1 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:39 pm

Poor Cam. He went from a Hawks team that was giving him every chance to collecting DNPs with the Knicks lol
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#96 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:01 pm

jayu70
RealGM

Post#97 » by jayu70 » Thu Feb 3, 2022 12:15 pm

Tom Thibodeau wasn't that thrilled about Cam Reddish trade?

Jake Fischer: I think there’s intel out there about that maybe Tom Thibodeau wasn’t necessarily gung ho about bringing in Cam Reddish.

– via Spotify
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#98 » by HMFFL » Thu Feb 3, 2022 3:14 pm

jayu70 wrote:Tom Thibodeau wasn't that thrilled about Cam Reddish trade?

Jake Fischer: I think there’s intel out there about that maybe Tom Thibodeau wasn’t necessarily gung ho about bringing in Cam Reddish.

– via Spotify
I hope Cam likes playing limited minutes or none at all. The future doesn't look good for him.

D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Post#99 » by D21 » Fri Feb 4, 2022 4:47 pm

HMFFL wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Tom Thibodeau wasn't that thrilled about Cam Reddish trade?

– via Spotify
I hope Cam likes playing limited minutes or none at all. The future doesn't look good for him.

Maybe the problem comes from him, but I seriously suspect his agent. It would not be the first time that a Klutch Sports player, not being an All-Star, is making wrong decision.
After being not able to understand himself he just had to show an impact on the team, and a will to win, but not scoring as much as he can to increase his value, I simply don't really care for what happen to his career now, but I think he should replace his agent
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#100 » by HMFFL » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:37 pm

Cam possibly on the move again? Saw this on Hoophype.com

The Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks, and Toronto Raptors discussed a three-team trade at length Wednesday night into Thursday morning. The framework would send Cam Reddish and Alec Burks to the Lakers, Goran Dragic and draft pick compensation to the Knicks, and Talen Horton-Tucker and Nerlens Noel to the Raptors, league sources told HoopsHype.  Kendrick Nunn was also mentioned as a potential addition to the trade talks, sources said. With New York trading away three rotation players in the proposal, one potential hangup in the trade discussion centers on the draft pick compensation for the Knicks. Toronto discussed sending a first-round pick, and the Lakers discussed sending a second-round pick to the Knicks, HoopsHype has learned. As conversations continued, the Knicks sought additional draft compensation.

– via Michael Scotto @ HoopsHype

Return to Atlanta Hawks