ImageImage

Welcome to Atlanta Kevin Konx!

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Welcome to Atlanta Kevin Konx! 

Post#1 » by jayu70 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:14 pm

Guess we'll see how how long this thread lasts.

Kevin Knox’s father: ‘Puzzling’ why Tom Thibodeau didn’t give son more minutes

By 

Marc Berman

January 14, 2022 10:28pm 

Updated

Knicks trade for Cam Reddish in deal that sends Kevin Knox to Hawks

UP NEXT:

Knicks coach Tom Thibodeau never took a liking to forward Kevin Knox and his stint with the team since being a 2018 lottery pick came to a merciful end Thursday with his trade to the Hawks. 

Kevin Knox Sr., Knox’s father who played wide receiver for Florida State and the NFL’s Bills, said some members of the franchise had raised eyebrows over why Knox never got a chance with Thibodeau. 

Indeed, Knicks general manager Scott Perry was behind drafting Knox at No. 9 in 2018, when the team president was Steve Mills. Current president Leon Rose probably didn’t have the investment in Knox’s success. According to a source, some club personnel thought Knox should play. “It can be [a factor] but at the end of the day, it’s not the president who calls the plays,” he said. “It’s not the president who makes the substitutions. The president hires a coach. This coach here obviously felt he can win games without Kevin Knox. To be able to go to another team, you can’t help be excited because you can have the opportunity to have a chance to play meaningful minutes.” 

Knox, who hasn’t talked to the media since preseason, is said to be thrilled at the trade, which will bring him closer to his hometown of Tampa, Fla. 

“There’s not many miles on the Rolls Royce,” Knox Sr. said. 

In the trade, the Knicks received Cam Reddish, who asked out of Atlanta to get more playing time, but has landed in a similar logjam. 

“Kevin’s excited,” Knox Sr. said. “He sees opportunity there, a more fast-paced offense to play with a point guard in Trae Young who is an All-Star. He gets in the lane and kicks out to people for open shots. Kevin’s really excited to be coached by Coach Nate [McMillan], a proven coach who played in the league. 

https://nypost.com/2022/01/14/kevin-knoxs-father-happy-son-will-get-fresh-start/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Re: Welcome to Atlanta Kevin Konx! 

Post#2 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:28 am

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#3 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:02 am

Bit of a scouting report on Mr. Konx:

Sam Vecenie wrote:The Kevin Knox era ends in New York. While it’s unfortunate that the team never got the most out of him, I don’t really see him as a “get” for Atlanta. The only skill that he’s shown proficiency at this point is his jumper. I buy him as something of a 36 to 38 percent 3-point shooter at 6-foot-8. He’s also just a very stiff athlete who I think struggles to move at the level necessary in the NBA. He strikes me as a minimum shooter. Also a fun note: The biographical similarities between Reddish and Knox are somewhat striking. They were born within a month of each other, and both are about 6-foot-8 and 215 pounds. Both went one-and-done at collegiate powerhouses despite underwhelming years, and both persuaded their teams to take a shot on them in the draft after strong workout cycles that emphasized tools over production. Reddish has turned into something of value that retained value without actually playing all that well, while Knox has been floated as a trade throw-in for the last couple of years. Evaluating teenagers is hard, even for the best scouts and player personnel people.
The Athletic
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,961

Post#4 » by shakes0 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:33 pm

I hear he's good at Fortnite
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#5 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:03 am

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#6 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:04 am

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#7 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:38 am

Read on Twitter
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,036

Post#8 » by tbhawksfan1 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:38 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think the "old school coaching mentality" says it all :noway:
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#9 » by jayu70 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:28 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

I hate Nate's offense too, but it's 2 games for Knox.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#10 » by HMFFL » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:20 am

Kevin Knox is getting playing time with Houston and has been taking advantage of it. Maybe only a role player, but he's only 24 years old, and people had him close to being out of the league. Seven double digit games this season.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Atlanta Hawks