ImageImage

Game Thread: Hawks battle Cavs for Final Playoff Spot

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Re: Game Thread: Hawks battle Cavs for Final Playoff Spot 

Post#21 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:09 am

When Cap went down it looked over. What fight. Some of these guys must be exhausted.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#22 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:10 am

Insane but nice!!!
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#23 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:11 am

Go rest up guys! Hope Cap and JC are okay. They are needed.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#24 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:16 am

Absolutely amazed. Never quit.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#25 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:30 am

Read on Twitter
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Post#26 » by atlantabbq99 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:58 am

Great game by Trae! huhuhuh huge loss by the Hawks with Cap's hyperextended knee. Great to see Kong picking up the rebounding slack.

Horrible game by Hunter, but he should be able to bounce back in Miami. Another great game by Bogs!

Cap is the Hawks' 2nd MVP. A hyperextended knee is usually 1 week recovery. Hopefully Cap recovers well and won't miss any or just a few games.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#27 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:51 am

delon will be hugely important in the next round. He's got to slow down Herro during those crucial bench minutes.

Read on Twitter
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#28 » by D21 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:08 am

What a win!
Delon made one of the best 2pts game I've seen, when you score one shot only (on 3 only) and can impact like that, it says a lot.
I was thinking he was on the rise these last weeks and it's a good thing he played like that.

Unfortunately, loosing Clint was maybe the best thing for them, as it certainly motivated them, and playing smaller and faster was a key to win. Hope it was a small injury and he recover quickly though

Big game fro Trae, more focused in these kind of games than in regular season, and strill hitting big shots!
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,010

Post#29 » by HMFFL » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:41 am

Great win. This team never gave up and turned it around.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
D21
Assistant Coach

Post#30 » by D21 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:05 pm

A bit disappointed by the performance of Hunter, I hoped he would slow down a bit more Markkanen, but guys he's so tall with a good shot... and at the same time, CLE should be more disappointed to not have Rubio because they were really bad with Rondo. ATL dominated them by 18pts in 15min while Rondo was on the floor so basically, they could have won this game if they just hadn't play him 15min or not played him at all

Regarding Clint, let's hope he's OK
The Atlanta Hawks lost center Clint Capela late in the first half due to a hyperextended right knee. Despite being helped off the floor, there is optimism that Capela avoided a significant knee injury.

Capela was hurt after fouling Cleveland Cavaliers rookie Evan Mobley. Capela pulled Mobley down on a shot attempt and Mobley lost his balance and fell into Capela's knee.

The Hawks rallied to beat the Cavs, despite Capela's absence. Atlanta now is set to take on the Miami Heat in the first round of the 2022 NBA Playoffs.
Link
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,934

Post#31 » by jayu70 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:59 pm

D21 wrote:A bit disappointed by the performance of Hunter, I hoped he would slow down a bit more Markkanen, but guys he's so tall with a good shot... and at the same time, CLE should be more disappointed to not have Rubio because they were really bad with Rondo. ATL dominated them by 18pts in 15min while Rondo was on the floor so basically, they could have won this game if they just hadn't play him 15min or not played him at all

[]

Except Hunter wasn't the primary defender on Markenaan, that was Gallo. The problem was late rotations to him or guys were too deep in the paint on dribble drives, Hunter had too such.
Lauri's shots below:
https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=FGA&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0052100201&PlayerID=1628374&RangeType=0&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=PlayIn&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612739&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game
D21
Assistant Coach

Post#32 » by D21 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:41 am

jayu70 wrote:
D21 wrote:A bit disappointed by the performance of Hunter, I hoped he would slow down a bit more Markkanen, but guys he's so tall with a good shot... and at the same time, CLE should be more disappointed to not have Rubio because they were really bad with Rondo. ATL dominated them by 18pts in 15min while Rondo was on the floor so basically, they could have won this game if they just hadn't play him 15min or not played him at all

[]

Except Hunter wasn't the primary defender on Markenaan, that was Gallo. The problem was late rotations to him or guys were too deep in the paint on dribble drives, Hunter had too such.
Lauri's shots below:
https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=FGA&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0052100201&PlayerID=1628374&RangeType=0&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=PlayIn&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612739&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

Yeah, I didn't write it clearly : I thought he would have defend more on Markkanen and that on top of that he would have limited him more than he was limited in the game

Return to Atlanta Hawks