ImageImage

Zach Livine

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

myrak433
Sixth Man
And1: 229

Zach Livine 

Post#1 » by myrak433 » Sat May 21, 2022 12:29 am

Hawks sign Lavine, trade for Rudy Gobert (or Myles Turner), and Bring back Solomon Hill
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Re: Zach Livine 

Post#2 » by D21 » Sat May 21, 2022 1:24 pm

myrak433 wrote:Hawks sign Lavine, trade for Rudy Gobert (or Myles Turner), and Bring back Solomon Hill

They can't sign Lavine, no enough money even if you cut Gallo.
And I already had concerns on Lavine defense before this season, so after watching CHI having no defense once Lonzo Ball was out, it's still the same doubts for me
myrak433
Sixth Man

Post#3 » by myrak433 » Sat May 21, 2022 3:02 pm

D21 wrote:
myrak433 wrote:Hawks sign Lavine, trade for Rudy Gobert (or Myles Turner), and Bring back Solomon Hill

And I already had concerns on Lavine defense before this season, so after watching CHI having no defense once Lonzo Ball was out, it's still the same doubts for me

I am sure they can sign Lavine. Cut Gallo and don’t offer knox, that’s about 24 million off the books. Then they can do a two for one trade. They may go in the tax, but it could be done
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,913

Post#4 » by jayu70 » Sat May 21, 2022 9:16 pm

myrak433 wrote:
D21 wrote:

I am sure they can sign Lavine. Cut Gallo and don’t offer knox, that’s about 24 million off the books. Then they can do a two for one trade. They may go in the tax, but it could be done

NO, The Hawks cannot sign Lavine as a FA. It will have to a SnT.
Hawks have a total of $130.2 million in guaranteed contracts which includes waiving Gallo and guaranteeing his $5 million.

PG: Young (30.5)
SG: Huerter(14.5) Bogi (18)
SF: Hunter (9.8)
PF: Collins (23.5), Johnson (2.7), Gallo (5)
C: Capela (19.7), Okongwu (6.3)

The projected salary cap is $122 million, so the Hawks are already over the cap by $8 million.
myrak433
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by myrak433 » Sun May 22, 2022 12:48 am

jayu70 wrote:
myrak433 wrote:
D21 wrote:

Hawks have a total of $130.2 million in guaranteed contracts which includes waiving Gallo and guaranteeing his $5 million.

The projected salary cap is $122 million, so the Hawks are already over the cap by $8 million.

That is true, 122 million cap. But the luxury tax threshold is 149 million. And the Hawks owner stated that he is willing to go over that threshold. So they can sign Lavine without a SnT.

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
jayu70
RealGM

Post#6 » by jayu70 » Sun May 22, 2022 1:32 am

myrak433 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
myrak433 wrote:

That is true, 122 million cap. But the luxury tax threshold is 149 million. And the Hawks owner stated that he is willing to go over that threshold. So they can sign Lavine without a SnT.

Again...NO. That's not how it works.
You cannot sign another teams FA unless you have space under the $122 million dollar salary cap. You can however resign your own FAs and/or trade for players up to the the $149 luxury cap.
So if the Hawks wanted to sign Lavine to his max of $36 million outright without a SnT, they'd have to clear $44 million in contracts from their guaranteed $130 mil without taking any salary back to get to $86 mil in salaries, then sign Lavine.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Post#7 » by D21 » Sun May 22, 2022 4:33 am

myrak433 wrote:That is true, 122 million cap. But the luxury tax threshold is 149 million. And the Hawks owner stated that he is willing to go over that threshold. So they can sign Lavine without a SnT.

It's only with room under the Salary Cap that you can sign a player from another team at this level of contract.
Between Salary Cap and Luxury Tax threshold, it's only with exceptions, rights on your players, or by trading and getting more than how much you send
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,429

Post#8 » by CP War Hawks » Sun May 22, 2022 2:31 pm

Lavine ain't comin here, it's always an option to follow him on IG or the Bulls.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,468

Post#9 » by Jamaaliver » Mon May 23, 2022 3:52 am

I assume you've heard this particular whisper:

K.C. Johnson wrote:The Bulls are fully expecting LaVine to take visits, be wined and dined, and explore the unrestricted free agency he has earned." Additionally, four teams have already been linked to LaVine - Lakers, Trail Blazers, Mavericks, and Hawks.

Read on Twitter
saloonyk8
Rookie
And1: 130

Post#10 » by saloonyk8 » Mon May 23, 2022 4:48 pm

He has to want to come here. Secondly, we need 36M in salary to send to them...and that's not counting Gallo because he will be gone or the decision made prior to July 1 (and FA is after that time).

So ring up $36 in contracts and Lavine wanting to come here.

I would love to take him over Bogi though...same issues injuries and defense.

Numbers wise you're going to pretty much have to trade Collins AND Bogi... That gets you over 36 and you'd have to take something back to make it over.

Not my first choice but it does solve secondary scorer problem.
Commit to the process
saloonyk8
Rookie
And1: 130

Post#11 » by saloonyk8 » Mon May 23, 2022 4:51 pm

Once you trade Collins and Bogi for Lavine you could trade Capella and Gallo (who's option you just picked up) and a first round pick for Gobert... assuming they take that.... They would probably want Hunter or OO

Sounds a little crazy but I guess it could be done :D
Commit to the process
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#12 » by HMFFL » Tue May 24, 2022 7:14 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:

Once you trade Collins and Bogi for Lavine you could trade Capella and Gallo (who's option you just picked up) and a first round pick for Gobert... assuming they take that.... They would probably want Hunter or OO

I'm all for what makes our team better. I don't have high hopes for most of our young talents so I prefer them to be moved for pieces that will help us win now.

If we continue the develop path with our current roster I don't believe we're going to be successful. All the talents will need extensions as well. Hunter is up next I believe.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
myrak433
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by myrak433 » Tue May 24, 2022 9:09 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:

That is my sentiments as well

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
jayu70
RealGM

Post#14 » by jayu70 » Tue May 24, 2022 9:43 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:

Why are we giving up so much in a SnT? SnT trade deals rarely return high or equal value.
Bulls traded Thaddues Young, Aminu, a 1st and 2 2nd for DeRozan SnT
Bulls traded Satoransky, Temple and a future 2nd for Lonzo Ball.
myrak433
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by myrak433 » Tue May 24, 2022 10:11 pm

jayu70 wrote:
saloonyk8 wrote:

Why are we giving up so much in a SnT? SnT trade deals rarely return high or equal value.

Derozan is 5 years older than Lavine. And Lavine is just flat out better than Lonzo Ball. To add I am sure Lavine will want a max deal, so we have to match salaries. Who do we have to match salaries? Besides is giving up Collins, Bogi, Gallo, and OO too much for two all stars? I don’t think so

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
jayu70
RealGM

Post#16 » by jayu70 » Tue May 24, 2022 10:40 pm

myrak433 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
saloonyk8 wrote:

Derozan is 5 years older than Lavine. And Lavine is just flat out better than Lonzo Ball. To add I am sure Lavine will want a max deal, so we have to match salaries. Who do we have to match salaries? Besides is giving up Collins, Bogi, Gallo, and OO too much for two all stars? I don’t think so
I'm speaking directly to SnT proposals.
It has nothing to do with age, but rather the tenants of SnT deals....and expected value returns. And just to note BYC rules are in play for Lavine and the Bulls.....they can only take back half of what ever contract Lavine signs for. So Atlanta would need a 3rd team to take a contract (Gallo) to clear salary to take Lavine.

. Signed-and-traded players can be difficult to salary-match in trades.

There’s one scenario in which a sign-and-trade may genuinely make sense — if a free agent wants to join a team without cap room. However, even that scenario can’t necessarily be handled like a normal trade, since the Base Year Compensation (BYC) rule often applies.

The BYC rule applies to a specific circumstance. If a player is being signed-and-traded via Early Bird or Bird rights by a team above the salary cap, gets a raise of at least 20%, and his salary is worth more than the minimum, his cap figure for salary-matching purposes will be affected. For the team acquiring him, his full salary would apply in a trade. For the team trading him, he would count for his previous salary or 50% of his new salary, whichever is greater.

Let’s use Lowry as an example one more time, and assume he signs a full max deal with a starting salary of about $35MM. Since he would fit the BYC criteria, Lowry would count for $35MM for salary-matching purposes for his new team in a sign-and-trade, but would only count for $17.5MM from the Raptors’ perspective.
myrak433
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by myrak433 » Tue May 24, 2022 11:47 pm

jayu70 wrote:
myrak433 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Why are we giving up so much in a SnT? SnT trade deals rarely return high or equal value.

I'm speaking directly to SnT proposals.
It has nothing to do with age, but rather the tenants of SnT deals....and expected value returns. And just to note BYC rules are in play for Lavine and the Bulls.....they can only take back half of what ever contract Lavine signs for. So Atlanta would need a 3rd team to take a contract (Gallo) to clear salary to take Lavine.

. Signed-and-traded players can be difficult to salary-match in trades.

There’s one scenario in which a sign-and-trade may genuinely make sense — if a free agent wants to join a team without cap room. However, even that scenario can’t necessarily be handled like a normal trade, since the Base Year Compensation (BYC) rule often applies.

The BYC rule applies to a specific circumstance. If a player is being signed-and-traded via Early Bird or Bird rights by a team above the salary cap, gets a raise of at least 20%, and his salary is worth more than the minimum, his cap figure for salary-matching purposes will be affected. For the team acquiring him, his full salary would apply in a trade. For the team trading him, he would count for his previous salary or 50% of his new salary, whichever is greater.

Let’s use Lowry as an example one more time, and assume he signs a full max deal with a starting salary of about $35MM. Since he would fit the BYC criteria, Lowry would count for $35MM for salary-matching purposes for his new team in a sign-and-trade, but would only count for $17.5MM from the Raptors’ perspective.

Ok i will yield to you on trade rules ( I don’t really care) all I am saying is I would move all those players for two all stars

Get Trae some HELP!!!!

Return to Atlanta Hawks