Post#1 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:05 am

Read on Twitter
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,056

Re: Windhorst: Capela Officially on the Trade Block 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:20 am

I wont forget how badly we struggled with Milwaukee's size in the ECF. Not only their size but their bigs three point shooting. OO and the rest of our frontcourt better be prepared.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#3 » by D21 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:13 am

HMFFL wrote:I wo'tt forget how badly we struggled with Milwaukee's size in the ECF. Not only their size but their bigs three point shooting. OO and the rest of our frontcourt better be prepared.

Right, but if ATL had been able to force Lopez outside of the pain when MIL were defending, it would have allowed Hawks PF and SF to easier attack the rim
If they can't match part of their defense, it might be interesting to match part of their offense
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,951

Post#4 » by jayu70 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:03 am

Windy is late with this news, very late.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,036

Post#5 » by tbhawksfan1 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:49 pm

So what's the plan? More money saving or they going to shed CC and use all the money (CC+other savings moves) to bring in a big player?

I so doubt it
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#6 » by D21 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:26 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:So what's the plan? More money saving or they going to shed CC and use all the money (CC+other savings moves) to bring in a big player?

I so doubt it

I would not doubt it, but it doesn't mean that I approved. If Ressler doesn't want to pay the tax now, I'm afraid that his plan would be "OK, even if it's not the best fit, and we lack depth, it will look like I'm spending to win if we have 3 All-Star level player"
This what I fear, with a potential ego thing from Fields wanting to show he can get an All-Star as soon as possible (he was part of the ones pushing for Murray at all costs, but as they didn't told it soon enough, this trade still looks a bit like a Schlenk trade, even if Schlenk was not agreeing on the final cost)
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,036

Post#7 » by tbhawksfan1 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:16 am

What would you guys think if it was CC for Lively and either THJ or Holmes coming back? Hawks might have to sweeten with a couple SRPs or so

It would save money and give us a nice C to develop while providing depth if it's Holmes
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,526

Post#8 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:39 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:What would you guys think if it was CC for Lively and either THJ or Holmes coming back? Hawks might have to sweeten with a couple SRPs or so

It would save money and give us a nice C to develop while providing depth if it's Holmes

That would be an absolutely wonderful haul!
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#9 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Nov 1, 2023 6:42 pm

This would help Memphis much more than us.

But having three (3) 2024 Draft Pick could leave us in position to be a buyer at the trade deadline using that TPE from the Collins trade.

Panic NBA Trades

Clint Capela Helps Stabilize Grizzlies' Center Position with Steven Adams Out

Memphis Grizzlies Receive: C Clint Capela

Atlanta Hawks: PF/C Brandon Clarke, PF Jake LaRavia, 2024 first-round pick (lottery-protected)

Just days before the season began, the Grizzlies announced that starting center Steven Adams would miss the entire 2023-24 campaign to have surgery on the posterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. With Adams sidelined and Ja Morant still suspended, they're off to an 0-4 start to the season.

The Grizzlies signed Bismack Biyombo to replace Adams, but that won't be enough to turn their season around. They need to find a new starting center who can keep them in the playoff hunt until Morant can return.

Capela could become available, especially after the Hawks gave backup center Onyeka Okongwu a four-year, $62 million extension that will kick in next season.

Capela, 29, is averaging a double-double for seventh straight year with 10.5 points and 10.8 rebounds per game thus far this season. He's a strong rebounder who can protect the rim much like Adams, with both players primarily feeding off pick-and-roll-heavy point guards who find them cutting to the basket.

Clarke is currently sidelined with an Achilles injury, although he'd be a good long-term addition to the Hawks frontcourt. LaRavia was the No. 19 overall pick in the 2022 draft, and Atlanta picks up an additional first-round selection to use or dangle as trade bait in future deals.
Bleacher Report
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#10 » by CP War Hawks » Wed Nov 1, 2023 8:23 pm

Yo why did you up this, I thought CC had gotten traded.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#11 » by jayu70 » Wed Nov 1, 2023 9:46 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:Yo why did you up this, I thought CC had gotten traded.

:lol:
jayu70
RealGM

Post#12 » by jayu70 » Wed Nov 1, 2023 9:57 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:This would help Memphis much more than us.

But having three (3) 2024 Draft Pick could leave us in position to be a buyer at the trade deadline using that TPE from the Collins trade.

Panic NBA Trades

Clint Capela Helps Stabilize Grizzlies' Center Position with Steven Adams Out

Memphis Grizzlies Receive: C Clint Capela

Atlanta Hawks: PF/C Brandon Clarke, PF Jake LaRavia, 2024 first-round pick (lottery-protected)

Just days before the season began, the Grizzlies announced that starting center Steven Adams would miss the entire 2023-24 campaign to have surgery on the posterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. With Adams sidelined and Ja Morant still suspended, they're off to an 0-4 start to the season.

The Grizzlies signed Bismack Biyombo to replace Adams, but that won't be enough to turn their season around. They need to find a new starting center who can keep them in the playoff hunt until Morant can return.

Capela could become available, especially after the Hawks gave backup center Onyeka Okongwu a four-year, $62 million extension that will kick in next season.

Capela, 29, is averaging a double-double for seventh straight year with 10.5 points and 10.8 rebounds per game thus far this season. He's a strong rebounder who can protect the rim much like Adams, with both players primarily feeding off pick-and-roll-heavy point guards who find them cutting to the basket.

Clarke is currently sidelined with an Achilles injury, although he'd be a good long-term addition to the Hawks frontcourt. LaRavia was the No. 19 overall pick in the 2022 draft, and Atlanta picks up an additional first-round selection to use or dangle as trade bait in future deals.
Bleacher Report

Makes us a very small team.
Would rather a 2025 pick.
The JC TPE would put us in the tax so it needs to be a really good player.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#13 » by jayu70 » Thu Nov 2, 2023 8:30 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#14 » by HMFFL » Fri Nov 3, 2023 11:03 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20
I completely agree.
He's also one of Trae's weapons on offense.
The 15ppg, 14.3rpg, and 2bpg in his first season was amazing.
Cap's salary increases $2m next season to $22.6, so I understand why our front office wants his salary off the books, but we must have value for him.

graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Post#15 » by graymule » Sat Nov 4, 2023 4:53 pm

:D

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR. YOU MIGHT GET IT!

:banghead: :banghead:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#16 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:03 am

Jake Fischer wrote:The best big man for the taking before the deadline could very well be the Hawks’ Clint Capela. Atlanta dangled Capela this past offseason, league sources told Yahoo Sports, and held significant discussions with the Dallas Mavericks before talks fell apart. The Hawks have left rival teams with the impression they are still open to moving one of, if not both, Capela and De’Andre Hunter, whom Atlanta discussed with Indiana, Detroit and Toronto this offseason, sources said.
Yahoo Sports
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#17 » by HMFFL » Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:00 pm

It's amazing how we need size but we have our best big man on the block.

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#18 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:52 pm

HMFFL wrote:It's amazing how we need size but we have our best big man on the block.

This...is a really good point.

Capela is not a great fit in this wide open Quin offense, but he's undeniably been our best big man.

I have to imagine we'd be looking to get a solid big man back to play behind Okongwu and Jalen.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#19 » by HMFFL » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:35 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
HMFFL wrote:It's amazing how we need size but we have our best big man on the block.

This...is a really good point.

Capela is not a great fit in this wide open Quin offense, but he's undeniably been our best big man.

I have to imagine we'd be looking to get a solid big man back to play behind Okongwu and Jalen.
Random: the amount of size Minnesota has is amazing.

I am fine with us trading Cap but I'm growing tired of this slow figuring things out. We need size and Landry Fields needs to fill our needs.

Return to Atlanta Hawks