ImageImage

Joe Johnson

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Joe Johnson 

Post#1 » by JoshB914 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:43 am

I'm just going to go ahead and say it. Joe is an overpaid prima donna. He wants to cry about not having any vet help and then he plays like a rookie. He wants to talk about guys not working hard enough and then he comes out and appears to not even care. This guy is killing our team right now. And I'm completely fed up. How do you guys feel about this?
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,010

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:47 am

I'm questioning his heart at this point.

Atowngetdown
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Atowngetdown » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:48 am

he does need help. This team needs a point guard and a true center. This team suppose to be an up tempo system but i dont see it.
HoopsGuru25
General Manager
And1: 3

Post#4 » by HoopsGuru25 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:49 am

I don't think he didn't care...Joe always has the same demeanor on his face whether he's doing well or not. The difference is that he is missing open shots and not finishing inside and now you are mistaking it for not caring...He's just playing poorly.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,078

Post#5 » by High 5 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:50 am

I'm obviously not happy with the way he is play but he's just missing shots that he would have made the last few seasons. If he was making those open shots there wouldn't be a problem. Just need to hope he finds his touch before this season slips away.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by HMFFL » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:52 am

Atowngetdown wrote:he does need help. This team needs a point guard and a true center. This team suppose to be an up tempo system but i dont see it.

Very true. Our opponents game plan does focus around shutting down Joe. At some point our Billy and the ASG need to come to terms that we don't have a point that's going to free Joe up. Acie needs to be groomed and after the upcoming season both Lue/Johnson are out the door.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#7 » by tontoz » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:55 am

Joe has been horrible the last two games and his shot has been off all year. No denying it.

Acie needs to be groomed and after the upcoming season both Lue/Johnson are out the door.

Acie needs to get 30 minutes per game and given the chance to play through his mistakes, just like Horford.
Atowngetdown
Bench Warmer

Post#8 » by Atowngetdown » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:00 am

I dont understand what kind of system the Hawks are in. Did Mike Woodson said that the players are going to start running more like the Suns? what happen with that?
HoopsGuru25
General Manager

Post#9 » by HoopsGuru25 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:00 am

tontoz wrote:Joe has been horrible the last two games and his shot has been off all year. No denying it.

Acie needs to be groomed and after the upcoming season both Lue/Johnson are out the door.

Acie needs to get 30 minutes per game and given the chance to play through his mistakes, just like Horford.

Woody is coaching for his job I don't think he's going to let two rookies log heavy minutes.

I would like to see Acie get more time because his entire game(IMO)is based on swagger and confidence. He also is the only pg on the Hawks that can get to basket(although he does miss layups and commit dumb charges). I have a bad feeling that we are going to get more Lo/Zaza at center and more AJ/Lue at point as Woody is under more pressure.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#10 » by HMFFL » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:14 am

tontoz wrote:Joe has been horrible the last two games and his shot has been off all year. No denying it.

Very true. Acie needs floor time and both needs to have more touches on offense.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#11 » by tontoz » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:17 am

Atowngetdown wrote:I dont understand what kind of system the Hawks are in. Did Mike Woodson said that the players are going to start running more like the Suns? what happen with that?

The Hawks had 34 pts on the break tonight which is the most i have seen in ages.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#12 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:23 am

Look at the pitiful season boston endured last year with Paul Pierec and a bunch of unproven kids.

Look at the horrible season Seattle endured last (and this) year with a single All star and a bunch of unproven rookies.

Look at the lackluster run Minnesota has had the past few years since they made that run to the WC Finals on the back of KG and a few vets. Their team has been as bad as us with a future HOF and a bunch of unseasoned, young players on their roster.

Look at the sad streak the Atlanta Hawks are on, with a single borderline All Star and a bunch of inexperienced wing players, who all play the same two positions and are good at everything but great at nothing.

Now look at the Boston Celtics who put a team of veteran all stars on a team with no depth and mediocre coaching and are experiencing one of the best starts in NBA History.

In the last 2 years our team has traded for Anthony Johnson and.......

That move has actually helped. But when you consider the possibilities. i'd be as frustrated as Joe.

I hope we don't draft another 1st rounder for the next five years. I'm tired of young players with potential and no actual pro experience. And I wish we would trade JOE to another Team with a chance at actually making some noise in the post season. (Orlando anyone?)

It's hopeless. We just need to reboot. Start over. Trade JJ, and J-Smoove and wait for Acie, AL and Marvin to reach their peaks.
IDoIt4TheA
Junior

Post#13 » by IDoIt4TheA » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:29 am

It's true that Joe's shots are not falling but that's no excuse to how he's been playing. Good players find other ways to contribute. I don't see any positive contribution he made to this game. Of course he is going to have an off night sometimes but this is ridiculous. Just look at what Jefferson did tonight, he was shooting poorly but drove the ball hard to the rim and got to the free throw line and ended up with 21 points.
ATLfan
Junior

Post#14 » by ATLfan » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:43 am

Joe played horrible tonight. He missed wide open shots and just fouled everybody that was on him.
CAM
Rookie

Post#15 » by CAM » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:47 am

IDoIt4TheA wrote:Good players find other ways to contribute.

Hows 8 rebouns, 8 assists, 4 steals for other ways?

I agree he was AWFUL tonight, but we hold very high expectations for him, and other than his scoring, he still had very decent numbers.
HoopsGuru25
General Manager

Post#16 » by HoopsGuru25 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:52 am

CAM wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Hows 8 rebouns, 8 assists, 4 steals for other ways?

I agree he was AWFUL tonight, but we hold very high expectations for him, and other than his scoring, he still had very decent numbers.

Exactly...he isn't mailing in games. He's doing exactly what he's always done(when he's been successful) except he's just missing the shots.
FCNATL85
Starter
And1: 12

Post#17 » by FCNATL85 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:02 am

I would like to see a guy like Rush besides him to open things up from time to time. Salim is not being used with Joe...so>
niffoc4
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#18 » by niffoc4 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:26 am

Yeah another 3 pt shooter seems to be what's needed... I'm sure Giricek wouldn't be that hard to get from Philly
Hawkamanic81
Rookie
And1: 39

Re: Joe Johnson 

Post#19 » by Hawkamanic81 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:06 am

JoshB914 wrote:I'm just going to go ahead and say it. Joe is an overpaid prima donna. He wants to cry about not having any vet help and then he plays like a rookie. He wants to talk about guys not working hard enough and then he comes out and appears to not even care. This guy is killing our team right now. And I'm completely fed up. How do you guys feel about this?

Are some of you guys getting it yet?
Harry10
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#20 » by Harry10 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:20 am

it has nothing to do with up tempo, or true center, or true PG or coaching..... Joe is just not making any shots, he can't hit a wide open three to save his life.

in the last 4 games he has gone 5 for 18 from three..... and 0 of 7 in the last two games.

if you are a role player, i would just say..... keep shooting, but since Joe is the go to guy, he has to be smarter and be a leader and be responsible..... if he is not making threes, he needs to do other things and contribue and not just keep hoisting up shots.

Return to Atlanta Hawks