Gotta applaud the team BK built

Moderators: dms269, HMFFL, Jamaaliver

tbhawksfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Gotta applaud the team BK built 

Post#1 » by tbhawksfan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:08 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Remember late last season when the Hawks started to show the promise. Then we got (little luck) the two picks and they turn into Horford and Acie.

Horford is already a major contributor and I think Acie is going to put it together sooner than some seem to expect.

We've been waiting for it for a long time. The best is to come.

We can always critique, there could always be better options than some of the ones we see, but you got to give it to BK for the team that he has put together; not just talent, but a bit of character.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#2 » by JoshB914 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:20 pm

If it wasn't for ping pong balls we'd be in the exact same situation BK had put us in before. I give him no credit for getting lucky.
tbhawksfan
Sixth Man

Post#3 » by tbhawksfan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:29 pm

If you like these Hawks, then you like BK's work.

Try to just enjoy it once in a while.
cfan79
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#4 » by cfan79 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:32 pm

I will give him a little credit he did not get tricked into drafting Conley. He waited for Acie Law who is decent. Plus he got Al Horford whose probably the best big man in the 07 draft.
tbhawksfan
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by tbhawksfan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:42 pm

cfan79 wrote: Plus he got Al Horford whose probably the best big man in the 07 draft.

Wow. I guess you like Horford.
cfan79
RealGM

Post#6 » by cfan79 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:44 pm

tbhawksfan wrote:
Wow. I guess you like Horford.

Yep, but I also don't count Durant as a big man. He looks like a stretched out shooting guard.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,777

Post#7 » by HMFFL » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:49 pm

The majority of BK's selections have been way off from mine, but this team is starting to come around, and Billy's vision is starting to work. Theres still a long season to go, but I like what our young Hawks are doing, and I like the future of this team.
HoopsGuru25
General Manager
And1: 3

Post#8 » by HoopsGuru25 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:53 pm

HMFFL wrote:The majority of BK's selections have been way off from mine, but this team is starting to come around, and Billy's vision is starting to work. Theres still a long season to go, but I like what our young Hawks are doing, and I like the future of this team.

It will depend on if the ASG is willing to pay to keep the talent and willing to pay to improve the team. Ideally we could keep all are top 6 players and use the MLE to get a shooter or a big man but I'm not sure that will happen.
cfan79
RealGM

Post#9 » by cfan79 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:54 pm

The only position that needs to be upgraded is the point guard position. Picture what a Jason Kidd-like point guard could do with this team. They'd be running opponents out of the building.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,777

Post#10 » by HMFFL » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:59 pm

HoopsGuru25 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It will depend on if the ASG is willing to pay to keep the talent and willing to pay to improve the team. Ideally we could keep all are top 6 players and use the MLE to get a shooter or a big man but I'm not sure that will happen.

Probably the number one thing I'm waiting for is to see if the ASG will reach deep into their pockets. This group could have some big time success if we can keep them together.
atlsun
Senior
And1: 0

Post#11 » by atlsun » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:08 am

cfan79 wrote:The only position that needs to be upgraded is the point guard position. Picture what a Jason Kidd-like point guard could do with this team. They'd be running opponents out of the building.

to have j-kidd the best point guard in the nba and the reason I became a basketball fan would be awsome.

I used to play in my back and pretend to be j-kidd an throw ally-opps
passes and catch them and pretend to be k-mart and dunk it.

:D

when I see some of his passes I go wow how did he do that. Love the guy.
HoopsGuru25
General Manager

Post#12 » by HoopsGuru25 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:12 am

cfan79 wrote:The only position that needs to be upgraded is the point guard position. Picture what a Jason Kidd-like point guard could do with this team. They'd be running opponents out of the building.

We have a rookie point guard who we hope will be the point guard of the future. I'm not positive that he will but we have atleast made an attempt to solve that problem. What we don't have is a good defensive big man off the bench or a reliable shooter off the bench.

Probably the number one thing I'm waiting for is to see if the ASG will reach deep into their pockets. This group could have some big time success if we can keep them together.

Same here .I'm fairly certain they will re-sign Smith(they can't afford the PR hit) but I don't know if they will make any moves other than that. I don't want to go into next season w/o Chil or using the MLE. So far we have lost no key players(besides Harrington but I didn't want him back)but it would be a big step back and reality check to the fans if we have an inactive off-season.
tbhawksfan
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by tbhawksfan » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:28 am

HoopsGuru25 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Same here .I'm fairly certain they will re-sign Smith(they can't afford the PR hit) but I don't know if they will make any moves other than that. I don't want to go into next season w/o Chil or using the MLE. So far we have lost no key players(besides Harrington but I didn't want him back)but it would be a big step back and reality check to the fans if we have an inactive off-season.

What do you mean by inactive off-season? Why wouldn't they re-sign Smoove? I agree on Chil. The rest of what you mentioned are tweaks. Yes a defensive big and a shooter would be nice.
HoopsGuru25
General Manager

Post#14 » by HoopsGuru25 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:48 am

tbhawksfan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What do you mean by inactive off-season? Why wouldn't they re-sign Smoove? I agree on Chil. The rest of what you mentioned are tweaks. Yes a defensive big and a shooter would be nice.

I said besides signing Smith. The ASG HAS to re-sign Josh Smith..that should be a lock unless they want to piss off the fans.

I'm saying that the Hawks need to do more than that to improve the team. We still need to pursue a shooter (Nachbar/Jones) or a defensive big man(Diop,Kwame) off the bench. If we don't use our MLE then I would like to re-sign Childress(I'd like to do both but no way that's possible). I just fear that the ASG might not do either considering they didn't use their MLE last year....they would probably be less likely to do it this year with Smith making way more money. We only have 8 roster spots for next year as of now so hopefully they decide to it on a quality rotation player instead of going after washed up bums like Lo Wright.
JoshB914
Head Coach

Post#15 » by JoshB914 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:51 am

If not for ping pong balls this team would have the exact same weakness as last year: no PG and no C. I'm not going to credit him for completely ignoring those areas (or screwing them up) and then lucking out with ping pong balls. We are still a very flawed team and he will still have to make some savvy moves to make us a title contender.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 4,092

Post#16 » by tontoz » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:45 am

cfan79 wrote:I will give him a little credit he did not get tricked into drafting Conley. He waited for Acie Law who is decent. Plus he got Al Horford whose probably the best big man in the 07 draft.

The knock on Conley before the draft was that he couldn't shoot, yet he has made as many 3s in the last two games as Acie has made all season.
JoshB914
Head Coach

Post#17 » by JoshB914 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:54 am

It was also a stupid knock. Because plenty of great PG's aren't great shooters.
atlsun
Senior

Post#18 » by atlsun » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:57 am

^yeah I remember what woddy had to say about him
"the kid cant shoot"

he kind of looks silly now and acie is really having trouble shooting the ball and turning it over. cmon acie you said that you were the best , prove it.
Master8492
Pro Prospect

Post#19 » by Master8492 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:31 am

JoshB914 wrote:If not for ping pong balls this team would have the exact same weakness as last year: no PG and no C. I'm not going to credit him for completely ignoring those areas (or screwing them up) and then lucking out with ping pong balls. We are still a very flawed team and he will still have to make some savvy moves to make us a title contender.

Well, ATL had been unlucky the previous years so their luck was due; They're also lucky that Durant doesn't fall to them or it's a disaster waiting to happen. Let's give BK credit that he select the right players with those picks.
NDaATL
Lead Assistant
And1: 578

Post#20 » by NDaATL » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:35 am

Give BK credit for what? Completely blowing 3 straight lotto picks and falling ass backwards into #3 this year? No way.

Return to Atlanta Hawks