Favorite College Player(s)?

Moderators: HMFFL, dms269, Jamaaliver

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,119

Favorite College Player(s)? 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:13 pm

Who are the College players that you have your eye on this year? Even though we don't have a first round pick, I'm curious to know who your following, and who are your sleepers. This goes for the second round also.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,523

Post#2 » by dms269 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:49 pm

Well my favorite college players are Jamont Gordon, Charles Rhodes, and Jarvis Varnado. Gordon is a beast, a do it all player. Score, pass, and rebound. Varnado is only a sophomore but is a block machine for State, leading the ncaa in blocks (by .7 over kenny George).
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
BMF Jet Jaguar
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#3 » by BMF Jet Jaguar » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:52 pm

deandre jordan

and gotta show love to Josh Carter, from my city
Kobe wrote:Wasn't much of a battle tonight. I kicked his ass tonight.
JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#4 » by JoshB914 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:53 pm

I saw a guy do a mock draft on the draft board. And he had us picking Geary Claxton from Penn St. I'm a fan of him, I think he could be a solid backup for JJ.
evildallas
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#5 » by evildallas » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:55 pm

Joey Dorsey. I would love a late 1st, early second to try to land him. I think he'll be able to provide at the NBA level what BK thought Shelden would. He could be our Paul Millsap, Craig Smith, Glen Davis, or Carl Landry. By that I mean a professional PF contributor at a low salary.

I think Taj Gibson could fit that role also if he comes out, but I'm not sure why he would this early without being a first rounder.

Some of the other players that intrigue me include Chris Daniels, the 7 footer from UT-Corpus Christi. He doesn't have overwhelming stats, but he's got height and an some skills to take a mid to late 2nd round shot at. I never get to see him play, but I check box scores on him.

Another player who has really grabbed my attention is Gerald Henderson, Jr. from Duke. If he comes out he'll probably go too high, but he has shown speed and explosiveness at the 2 guard position to make me think he'll be able to create his own shot at the NBA level and should be a good ball defender. I'm looking at him more as a 2009 prospect.

Finally, I'm keeping an eye on Eric Maynor from VCU. I see him as a fast penetrating PG prospect and he might flirt with leaving early. I think he'd be a late 1st, early 2nd rounder and could be a steal as a project. I like his game and potential at the next level more than a lot of the more renowned PG prospects from higher profile schools.
Going to donkey punch a leprechaun!
HoopsGuru25
General Manager
And1: 3

Post#6 » by HoopsGuru25 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 8:04 pm

I haven't followed college basketball that hard seeing as we don'T have a draft pick. Joey Dorsey would be in the Hawks rotation right now IMO. I like Deandre Jordan..I think his downside isn't much worse Tyson Chandler or Sam Dalembert which isn't necissarily risky in a draft full of underclassmen. I'd like to see him stay another year though. He hasn't dominated like I expected from a player with his physical ability(ala Chris Taft)...although Taft could have been a good pro if not for injuries.
ATLfan
Junior

Post#7 » by ATLfan » Sat Feb 2, 2008 8:31 pm

Sean Singeltary from UVA would be the perfect back up point guard and James Gist would be a great replacement for Chill if he does leave.
gqbredrin
Freshman

Post#8 » by gqbredrin » Mon Feb 4, 2008 5:57 pm

Darren Collison if Acie Law doesnt pan out.

Return to Atlanta Hawks