ImageImage

Atlanta @ New York

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

conleyorbust
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#21 » by conleyorbust » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:06 am

thats the Joe I missed all season. we look a lot better when we have two guys whose shots are falling (Joe and Marv). Chil was aggressive for the first time ever. Smith's presence in the game as a shotblocker was huge, when he was in the game Robinson would always do a little fade when he attacked the basket and always missed. Horford did NOT look good on D today. He got punked one on one by Morris and David Lee (but did a good job with Z-Bo). He's still learning though.

Anyone can look good against the Knicks. The fourth was funny, more "fire Isiah" chants than anything else.
atlsun
Senior
And1: 0

Post#22 » by atlsun » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:30 am

marvin needed a game like this in the worst way, happy for him hope it continues.
JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#23 » by JoshB914 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:50 am

I'm glad we showed up on the road. JJ is just playing great and with confidence and it's contagous. We played solid D overall but too many offensive boards.

But the Knicks are beyond terrible so I'm not getting excited about this team after beating them on the road. We'll see if we can get something going tommorow.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,010

Post#24 » by HMFFL » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:16 am

Marvin had the amount of field goal attempts I want to see him have every night. While he was on fire his teammates continue to feed him the ball and he took full advantage of it. While he's not a 3 point shooter, he continues to knock down the jumpers, and continues to move even close to the 3 line. He brought the intensity from both of the floor that we need out of him every night.
Harry10
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#25 » by Harry10 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:08 am

Hawks are now tied for 8th with the Nets.
gurpilo
Junior
And1: 30

Post#26 » by gurpilo » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:41 am

I do not post very often and unfortunately I could not post yesterday but I was at the Madison. Glad to see we won today again but I wanted to share something I saw.

Overall the game was awful, NY has one of the worst teams I have seen. Atlanta showed lack of intensity, defense, attitude it was really painful to see they don't have a gameplan, just relying on individuals and not moving on the court. There is not a PG setting plays and it was really stupid to see Joe shooting when he was triple teamed and other players were wide open or alone below the basket. It was as they did not have any interest on the game.

Bibby looked lost, his shot was not falling and it was like 'I don't know to do anything more'
Joe played well but he did many wrong decissions, stupid turnovers and shoot the ball when he had a teammate open.
Marvin looked good, his jumper was falling and he used it on the second half, the times he was penetrating he scored or got the foul but he has to learn to finish, he has to dunk.. Althought he has a long way to go, you can see the potential to become a good player, not an all-star though.
Childress was the more profesional players on Hawks roster, he looked concentrated, played individual and help defense, moved on offense, got rebounds an baskets, he was good an looked like a good player for the future.
Smith looked uninterested on the game, he was only looking for the stats and played no defense on the post and did not showed any post move. As usual he was spectacular but he did not appeared when the match was been decided in fact ont he 4th quarter Marvin played the PF.
Horford was awful, he was owned by Morris and Lee, comitted many turnovers on offense and showed very little on offense, however he showed two post moves where you can see there could be a post player there, but he cannot play Center, he would be much better at PF.
Law was not good, he did nothing an I expect pretty much more from him.

Overall I think the team would be much better if Smith is traded for a decent center, his value is high now and we could try to get someone as Biedrins or whoever can play there.

Return to Atlanta Hawks