Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

evildallas
General Manager
And1: 0

Bradley Article about Game 1 

Post#1 » by evildallas » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:39 pm

link here

Some of the highlights:

Said Stan Van Gundy, the dazzled Magic coach: “We already know the Hawks are quick and athletic, but they got after it tonight. They played way too hard for us.”

Said the Hall of Famer Dominique Wilkins, shaking Pachulia’s hand: “That’s the way to come to work, big fella.”

Pachulia had eight points and eight rebounds in 11 1/2 minutes, and his presence helped force the splendid to work overly hard for his 22 and 15. Asked if the rush from the Boston series had indeed transformed him, Zaza said, “Yes, it did. That was a big experience for me. It was my first time in the playoffs, and we were playing a great team —- the future world champions. I learned a lot of things from that. I have a better idea what it takes.”

Cautious optimism, but the excitement is starting to build.
Going to donkey punch a leprechaun!
tbhawksfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Re: Bradley Article about Game 1 

Post#2 » by tbhawksfan » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:07 pm

Great win and nice optimism. I still think Woodson played the starters a lot; four over 34 minutes and two over 40 minutes. Only two bench players got more than 15 minutes and a very hot Zaza only got 12.

The Hawks should use their athleticism and depth to take control and make it a game of spurts. Play hard the whole game but, use substitutions and rotations to create little bursts of adrenaline.
evildallas
General Manager

Post#3 » by evildallas » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:51 pm

Zaza's minutes were curbed by foul trouble a bit. I was shocked to see how many minutes Josh and Mo played, but when you factor in Marvin it should go down some.
Going to donkey punch a leprechaun!
Master8492
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by Master8492 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:06 am

I actually like the minutes being dispersed in game 1. From JJ to Zaza to Solo.

Return to Atlanta Hawks