ImageImageImage

Celtics Remaining Schedule/Seeding Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,974

Re: Celtics Remaining Schedule/Seeding Thread 

Post#201 » by sam_I_am » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:10 pm

bisme37 wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:Top teams in NBA based on point differential:

Celtics +5.9
Cavs +5.6
76ers +4.7
Grizzlies +4.4
Bucks +4.3
Nuggets +4.1

Finishing 2nd or 3rd and facing 76ers in round 2 (or Nets) might be preferable to Cavs whose length will be a problem for everybody in playoffs. Cavs at their best are a really good team and even better than their record indicates. They are excellent at home and a threat to take any of top 4 teams to a 7th game.

I still think losing #1 seed and failing to get 60 games is a failure and an underachievement for this team. I want #1 seed but #2 might be an easier path.

I've seen Cavs fans joking that they almost never get blown out because they're a bunch of try-hards and are great at fake comebacks lol. So that would help explain their net rating/point differential.

Could be. In past seasons, teams with high point differentials usually did well in playoffs with one exception: the Mitchell/Gobert Jazz.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Post#202 » by djFan71 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:02 am

Need MIA to pass BKN for the 6th seed. Would much rather avoid them first round.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,690

Post#203 » by GoCeltics123 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:24 am

MIL (53-21), 1st:
@DET
@IND
BOS (B2B)
PHI
@WAS
CHI (B2B)
MEM
@TOR

BOS (52-23), 2nd, 1.5 GB):
@WAS
@MIL
UTA (B2B)
@PHI
TOR (B2B)
TOR
ATL

PHI (49-25), 3rd (4 GB):
@DEN
DAL
TOR
@MIL
BOS
MIA
@ATL (B2B)
@BKN
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,111

Post#204 » by MaxwellSmart » Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:32 am

Man, imagine if GW had hit just ONE of those FTs vs Clev.
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,059

Post#205 » by London2Boston » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:20 pm

Whether we get the top seed or not, I’m glad we’ve found abit of a groove again. Let’s just carry the momentum into the post season and pray for full health. At our best, we can beat anyone Home or Road.
celtxman
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Post#206 » by celtxman » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:04 pm

exculpatory wrote:
GWVan wrote:Gotta watch Denver, they are one game behind the Celtics and a good bet to come out of the west

One step at a time.

Worry about Denver after we beat out the Bucks & the Sixers.

Maybe.....but it brings up an interesting question about tonight. Who do we want to win the Nuggets/Sixers game tonight? The knee jerk answer is obviously Denver. But Denver is one game behind the Celtics and I believe wins the tie breaker,
Meanwhile normally you worry what's immediately ahead of you in the Eastern Conference with Philly. Except with Philly 2 games behind, Boston already having the tiebreaker even if Philly beats Boston, it is unlikely Philly passes Boston needing to make up three games.
Brad Stevens on fans who want the Celtics to tank: "I don’t think they’ll like me all that much then."
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#207 » by Feed Your Head » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:18 pm

We’d roll Denver or Philly in a series, but I rather have home court against Denver, one less game in elevation.
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,030

Post#208 » by exculpatory » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:21 pm

celtxman wrote:
exculpatory wrote:
GWVan wrote:Gotta watch Denver, they are one game behind the Celtics and a good bet to come out of the west

One step at a time.

Maybe.....but it brings up an interesting question about tonight. Who do we want to win the Nuggets/Sixers game tonight? The knee jerk answer is obviously Denver. But Denver is one game behind the Celtics and I believe wins the tie breaker,
Meanwhile normally you worry what's immediately ahead of you in the Eastern Conference with Philly. Except with Philly 2 games behind, Boston already having the tiebreaker even if Philly beats Boston, it is unlikely Philly passes Boston needing to make up three games.

Food for thought.

I still want a Sixers loss & to put them out of the picture ASAP.
A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

Then we can root for Denver to lose every game they have left.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
celtxman
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Post#209 » by celtxman » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:50 pm

exculpatory wrote:
celtxman wrote:
exculpatory wrote:
One step at a time.

Food for thought.

Yeah its hard to root for the 76ers I'm just about any case
Brad Stevens on fans who want the Celtics to tank: "I don’t think they’ll like me all that much then."
keevsnick1
Veteran
And1: 4,069

Post#210 » by keevsnick1 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:48 pm

celtxman wrote:
exculpatory wrote:
celtxman wrote:Maybe.....but it brings up an interesting question about tonight. Who do we want to win the Nuggets/Sixers game tonight? The knee jerk answer is obviously Denver. But Denver is one game behind the Celtics and I believe wins the tie breaker,

Food for thought.

I think I'm rooting for Denver tonight, another Sixer's loss would push them 3 back in the loss column + Celtics winning tiebreaker would pretty much lock up the two seed at least. That would make it easier to root for the Sixers when they play the Bucks on 4/2, a Bucks loss in that game would help the quest for the 1 seed.
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#211 » by exculpatory » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:16 pm

keevsnick1 wrote:
celtxman wrote:
exculpatory wrote:
Food for thought.

1. I think I'm rooting for Denver tonight; another Sixer's loss would push them 3 back in the loss column + the Celtics already having the tiebreaker would pretty much lock up the 2 seed at least.

2. That would make it easier to root for the Sixers when they play the Bucks on 4/2; a Bucks loss in that game would help the quest for the 1 seed.

1. Agreed. If the Nuggets hopefully beat the Sixers tonight, the magic number to lock up the 2 seed would be 4. Not locked - but getting close - unless we totally collapse.

2. Agreed. In fact, AFTER we TCOB VS the Wiz tomorrow, IF WE BEAT the Bucks (AN ABSOLUTE MUST) on Thurs (thereby earning the tiebreaker as well), & then TCOB VS the Jazz on Friday, EVEN IF the Bucks wax the Pistons tonight & the Pacers on Wed, IF THE SIXERS BEAT THE BUCKS ON SUNDAY, we will be tied with the Bucks as of Sunday (with the tiebreaker) - with 4 games left for each team. Our magic number then to lock up the 1 seed would be 4.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,892

Post#212 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:20 pm

Pacers resting Turner and Haliburton today vs the Mavs. Are they being shut down or will they play vs the Bucks on Wednesday? We need all the help we can get lol.
GWVan
Analyst
And1: 2,549

Post#213 » by GWVan » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:03 pm

Embiid is out tonight
Full of sound and fury; signifying nothing
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#214 » by exculpatory » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:07 pm

GWVan wrote:Embiid is out tonight

WOW
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#215 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:21 pm

Giannis and Jrue resting against the Pistons. Don’t give me hope.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,193

Post#216 » by ConstableGeneva » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:59 am

Read on Twitter
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,692

Post#217 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:19 am

exculpatory wrote:
GWVan wrote:Embiid is out tonight

WOW

I hope the blowback is so fierce that they compete like hell later on when they play Milwaukee. :)
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#218 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:21 am

Useless Pistons.
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#219 » by exculpatory » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:01 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:Useless Pistons.

G-d told you & you told me that either the Pistons or the Pacers would beat the Bucks. Before you are tarred & feathered, you better get a message to the Pacers to add noravirus to the Bucks’ team meals beginning right now.

In other much better news, Nuggets 79 Sixers 61 with about 6 minutes left in Q3.
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#220 » by exculpatory » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:24 am

Wrong thread.

Return to Boston Celtics