ImageImageImage

Mardy Collins

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Froob, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts

rambo_ortega
Assistant Coach
And1: 18

Mardy Collins 

Post#1 » by rambo_ortega » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:52 am

I think he would be a nice addition to our bench. he is a big point guard who can mix it up on defense. plus he plays with heart. imo we can get him cheap. i also think he can bring down the ball and play the big pg's in the league. What do you think guys? Pruitt and powe for mardy collins maybe?
P2
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#2 » by P2 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:26 am

Pruitt>Collins
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,505

Post#3 » by BillessuR6 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:33 am

Sure let`s get a low BBIQ unexperienced can`t get minutes on the knicks PG...
Sebzor
Bench Warmer
And1: 5

Post#4 » by Sebzor » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:33 am

Pruitt has more potential then Collins ... but Collins has more experiance .. still I would pass
"So, the caterpillar has emerged from its cocoon as a shark, with a gun for a mouth."
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
Mister Keys
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Mister Keys » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:04 pm

No thanks..Giving both powe and Pruitt would decrease the roster even further.

I think Pruitt has a brighter future in terms of Mardy v.s Pruitt
Jammer
General Manager
And1: 3,013

Post#6 » by Jammer » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:35 pm

I proposed using the Celtics trade exception, and 2 second round picks for Mardy, three months ago.

The general consensus on this board was not in favor, although Mardy is a decent defender.

Pruitt is offensively better than Mardy.

Mardy is 6' 4.25 inches without shoes.

But your idea of Pruitt and Powe is absurd.

Both are better players than Mardy, and Pruitt has a higher need for the Celtics right now.

For two second round picks (the Celts are like #60 picks), and not having to send a player to New York since the Celts would use their trade exception from Delonte West, I thought my trade was a good idea for the Celtics.

At the time, the Knicks had 17 players under contract, they had not yet cut Demetrius Nichols and Jared Jordan.

Isiah would have saved like $1 million bucks, since the Knicks are over the luxury tax; had the Celts two second round picks; and there would have been room for either Nichols or Jordan to remain on the roster. Obviously Isaih is not spending his own money on the Knicks payroll. If I was running the team, I'd be at the league minimum of 13 players. No reason for them to be carrying 15 players when they are paying lux tax. They should have done a 4 for 2, 3 for 1, or just shipped someone out to a team with a trade exception. Cablevision's stockholder's are the ultimate losers, and the fans.
JJHondo17
Pro Prospect
And1: 783

Post#7 » by JJHondo17 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:27 pm

If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times, just say no to anything with Isiah's fingerprints.

Return to Boston Celtics