ImageImageImage

inspiration leading to hypothetical question

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Froob, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts

reggielewis
Veteran
And1: 313

inspiration leading to hypothetical question 

Post#1 » by reggielewis » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:24 pm

So I was watching that Celtics Now recently the one where Tony Allen discusses his injury. Something he said though stuck with me and made me think. (I aplogoze if this has ben discussed) but one thing Tony said was "he wonders if he had been healthy would he have been in that trade?" My assumption was that he was referring to the KG trade but it got me thinking, had he been healthy would he have been in the Seattle trade? I know Presti wanted Rondo instead of West, so would he have demanded Tony instead of West? Had that happened do you think we are better, worse or the same?

Tony vs West
-when healthy explosive -better shooter from outside
-better slasher, stronger finisher -better ballhandler/ backup pg
-good instincts better bball IQ
-better man defender, better -ok defender, with kg though his
at coming off screens shortcomings would be hidden
-good rebounder when healthy -decent rebounder at the pg spot
(i long for those putbacks he but better shotblker at the pg spot
had as a rook)
So what do guys think/ When he is healthy Tony is a 20 pt scorer on a bad team but on this team he could easily be a 12pt 4 reb 2 stl type of guy. On this team though West would have been our back up pg, and with him Eddie and Posey on the floor u ahve 3 strong shooters. We dont lose anythign with size either as him and TA are both about 6'4. So who do u chose?

An argument can also be made that if TA was healthy Mchale demands him, and I dont think DA doesnt pull the trigger on that one. But do we retain Ryan Gomes? I loved Ryan when he was here, but i love Big Baby even more. I dont think that Big Baby would lose minutes to Ryan though because Ryan has changed his game into becoming a 3. Like Tony Ryan is a two position player and with him,posey, baby on the floor you have three solid rebounders and scorers. This one is easy for me though, I would have tried ahrd to keep Tony as he is more valuable than Ryan imo.
Anywho what are your thoughts on teh Dwest Tony debate? Who do you keep?
Datruth345
Assistant Coach
And1: 442

Post#2 » by Datruth345 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:47 pm

this was always my thought

i always thought tony and perk didn't get traded because they didn't have any real value..obviously tony's was related to his injury

its interesting though, to hear the player say it too
"...That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.” - Bill Russell

Return to Boston Celtics