ImageImageImage

Posey razzes Detroit

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Froob, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts

greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,116

Post#41 » by greenbeans » Wed Jan 9, 2008 1:24 am

#1stunna wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

[b][i]

True. I meant every major fanbase has embarrassments from there own players & nutty fans. To show 1 piston moment & forget about all of bostons past moments is well, nicely said, 1 sided. Thats all.

to be fair though, that ONE moment was much worse than anything recent in boston
#1stunna
Junior
And1: 1

Post#42 » by #1stunna » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:11 am

That 1 moment was only bad cuz artest went in to fight the crowd. If he was a sane person this wouldn't even be story. It seems like atleast once a month we hear about fans throwing something at players in the 4 major sports. It's sad, but it happened tons of times in the past & it will happen plenty of times in the future. It's not a major deal unless the opposing team loses control like the pacers did. Then all hell breaks loose.

Boston - october 20th 2004

Boston police are investigating injuries suffered by three people during post-game riots Wednesday following the Red Sox win over the Yankees. They said the injuries may have been the result of police use of "less-than-lethal force," according to a police statement.

The Red Sox's historic victory over the New York Yankees in Game 7 of the AL championship series Wednesday night sent thousands of elated Red Sox fans rampaging into the streets of Boston. Police estimated the crowds surged to between 60,000 and 80,000 people who converged on the Kenmore Square, Fenway Park area of the city. Most appeared to be students, they said.

WCVB-TV in Boston reported that a crime scene was set up on Yawkey Way at Fenway Park, where several fans tried to scale the wall on the back side of the Green Monster, falling down onto the street below. They were transported to area hospitals, some with potentially life-threatening injuries. Detectives are investigating the incident.

Elsewhere, cars were set on fire and others were overturned, keeping firefighters busy while scores of riot police came out in force to try to control the crowds. After a fan was killed during Super Bowl post-game riots in Boston earlier this year, the city decided to put twice the number of officers on the street after the Sox championship games. The officers, clad in helmets and vests, were aggressive about crowd control Wednesday night, shoving rowdy fans with riot batons and pushing through the crowds in front of ambulances that had sirens blaring.

Smoke and flames sprang up amid the crowds as rowdy fans climbed light poles and swung from trees, one group scaling a McDonald's awning, trying to tear it down. Others threw barrels and one group almost threw a shopping cart through a bank window, prompting police to call for backup. Boston police reported eight arrests, most for disorderly conduct. One arrest was reported for assault and battery on a police officer. Police said at least 16 were reported injured, including an officer whose nose was broken by a "thrown projectile."

More than 2,000 students at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst gathered around a campus bonfire. About 2,000 students at UMass-Dartmouth were dispersed by police using stun grenades. Several arrests were reported.

http://www.nbc4.com/news/3839200/detail.html
I could go on forever with stuff like this
Cyclical
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,397

Post#43 » by Cyclical » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:49 am

#1stunna, I believe someone didn't answer the actual question.

Again,
Cyclical wrote:Empty cup? Hmmm, no. I'd say it had some beer left over fo sho, unless that was some pretty nifty CGI fx.

Name one city who's done that in an NBA game. I've got one: Detroit.

Why aren't we getting a direct answer? Oh, becasue No one else has done that in an NBA game. Does Boston have rowdy crowds? Hell yeah, and we love it, but what happened that night in your city is singular. That's all. And you can go around it anyway you want. Still, the point stands. Beer in cup; cup thrown at an NBA player.
toecutter
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#44 » by toecutter » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:12 am

Anyone still remember beer and popcorn getting poured on Antoine Walker's head by Detroit fans when we eliminated Detroit in the '02 EC Semis??
icewill36
Senior
And1: 2

Post#45 » by icewill36 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:54 pm

i wouldnt doubt fans behind the celtics bench were heckling them during the game, so posey decided to give a little back....good
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,363

Post#46 » by darrendaye » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:09 pm

I believe Fenway is still the only venue that can boast an altercation involving a thrown slice of pizza.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcKeDPG_lMQ
gusman
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#47 » by gusman » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:41 pm

Reading this thread as a pistonfan and season ticket holder for the past 4 years, all I can say is one thing.

It does not matter about anything that happens in the regular season, there is no way the NBA would let the Pistons beat the Celts to get in the NBA finals. Imagine the ratings difference between the pistons in the finals and the celtics. The difference in revenue would be insane.
triplet1984
General Manager
And1: 177

Post#48 » by triplet1984 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:50 pm

Cyclical wrote:#1stunna, I believe someone didn't answer the actual question.

Again,
-= original quote snipped =-

Why aren't we getting a direct answer? Oh, becasue No one else has done that in an NBA game. Does Boston have rowdy crowds? Hell yeah, and we love it, but what happened that night in your city is singular. That's all. And you can go around it anyway you want. Still, the point stands. Beer in cup; cup thrown at an NBA player.

Miami. It was that game 2 or 3 seasons ago where Nocioni got ejected for giving D-Wade a hard foul - ppl were throwing drinks on him as he left.

(somehow he resisted the urge to go charging into the stands, run past the thrower, grab some geeky looking guy and throw him to the ground)
DorfonCeltics
Analyst
And1: 215

Post#49 » by DorfonCeltics » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:20 pm

darrendaye wrote:I believe Fenway is still the only venue that can boast an altercation involving a thrown slice of pizza.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcKeDPG_lMQ

That was hillarious!
DelMonte West
Veteran
And1: 683

Post#50 » by DelMonte West » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:21 pm

gusman wrote:Reading this thread as a pistonfan and season ticket holder for the past 4 years, all I can say is one thing.

It does not matter about anything that happens in the regular season, there is no way the NBA would let the Pistons beat the Celts to get in the NBA finals. Imagine the ratings difference between the pistons in the finals and the celtics. The difference in revenue would be insane.

Maybe the reason the league wouldn't let the Celtics beat the Pistons in the Finals is because you can't have two Eastern teams in the Finals, too.

Conspiracy theories are rad. The league's in on us, folks! Everybody WANTS us to win!

If anything, I'd say the opposite was true. EVERYONE that covered the NBA has wanted Ainge to fall flat on his face, and it probably pisses them off that he's making them look like hacks in retrospect. For as much flak as Thomas gets in NY the furvor from analysts for Ainge was even greater (honestly, SAS was giving kudos to Isiah on draft night while bashing Ainge...WTF?)
drama4life26
Sophomore
And1: 0

LOL!!! 

Post#51 » by drama4life26 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:40 am

You thought The dance was special for The Celtics!!!! Oh yea been awhile since you've had a winning team why would The Celtics dance!!!! See you in The Playoffs Pistons in 6 baby!!
I'm getting too old for this $hit....
7r5ur
RealGM
And1: 5,080

Post#52 » by 7r5ur » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:56 am

meh, I don't care about the trash talking. But I would prefer it was someone like KG or Pierce as opposed to James freakin' Posey. That's like Jarvis Hayes talking a bunch of smack to the Boston crowd when the Pistons won there a couple weeks ago.

Congrats on the win James, now go carry KG's bags to the bus!
DelMonte West
Veteran
And1: 683

Post#53 » by DelMonte West » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:44 pm

BDM22 wrote:meh, I don't care about the trash talking. But I would prefer it was someone like KG or Pierce as opposed to James freakin' Posey. That's like Jarvis Hayes talking a bunch of smack to the Boston crowd when the Pistons won there a couple weeks ago.

Congrats on the win James, now go carry KG's bags to the bus!

So you basically insinuate a key player on a team that won a chapionship is a scrub...and have a Jason Maxiell sig.

Uh...yeah.

Return to Boston Celtics