ImageImageImage

Rondo out indefinitely

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,252

Rondo out indefinitely 

Post#1 » by shackles10 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:21 pm

Is he truly a double agent? Does he feel bad for what he's done to us??

I just saw the news come across my Bleacher Report notifications. It did so surgery is not required for a thumb fracture, but he is out indefinitely.

TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Re: Rondo out indefinitely! 

Post#2 » by TheOGJabroni » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:24 pm

I never wish injury/bad news on anyone but there's truly no excuses now. This is our chance to capitalize much like I would expect the Bulls to have thought the same with the IT situation. Just get it done.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,252

Post#3 » by shackles10 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:28 pm

Ya I should have laid off the exclamation point. I'm a Celtics and UK basketball fan so have always been a Rondo fan even when he was very frustrating as a player. I guess my excitement came from this could be a big break for us, not I'm glad he or any other player is injured.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,211

Post#4 » by Homerclease » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:28 pm

It's a shame and if the Celtics do come back and win the series then it sucks to win that way but I'll take it. Rondo has been argueably the best player in the series thus far and really the bulls deserve to win the series after these first two games.
AAU Teammate
RealGM
And1: 803

Post#5 » by AAU Teammate » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:29 pm

Chuck Garfien‏Verified account @ChuckGarfien 3m3 minutes ago
More
Rondo was on the court seemingly fine yesterday when the media was let in after Bulls practice. Will know more soon.
Cyclical
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,397

Post#6 » by Cyclical » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:32 pm

Well, this makes my new mantra completely obsolete.

Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Re: Rondo out indefinitely 

Post#7 » by Slartibartfast » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:32 pm

Rondo has killed us on both ends and IT has had his way with Grant so this is definitely a nice boost for our chances.

But if the Bulls are looking for a silver lining, a guy like Grant is probably going to play a lot better with the home crowd behind him. If he's shooting well, the 1/2 and 1/3 pick and rolls can still screw up our D as well.
Iguodaladon
Pro Prospect
And1: 954

Post#8 » by Iguodaladon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:34 pm

This is some crazy mind game Hoiberg is playing. He'll probably vault down from the rafters in a dark Celtics uniform just before tip off, Avery Bradley will proceed to give up again and Rondo will proceed to murder us with rebounds, assists and 720 reverse jams
Obama to Zach Lavine: ‘I used to be able to get up like you back in the day.’
Jaren Jackson Jr on Doncic: 'I thought he was a myth'
Homerclease
RealGM

Post#9 » by Homerclease » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:35 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:Rondo has killed us on both ends and IT has had his way with Grant so this is definitely a nice boost for our chances.

But if the Bulls are looking for a silver lining, a guy like Grant is probably going to play a lot better with the home crowd behind him. If he's shooting well, the 1/2 and 1/3 pick and rolls can still screw up our D as well.

The Celtics really do still have a rather steep hill to climb. MCW isn't the threat on offense that rondo is but he's more than a capable defender capable of giving IT problems. The rest of our team still needs to up their games in order to start winning
OFWGKTA
General Manager
And1: 12,141

Post#10 » by OFWGKTA » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:36 pm

Froob wrote:Friends is like Kyle Lowry, everyone says it's amazing but you sit down and watch it and you're just like meh...

GuyClinch wrote: Regulation is mostly to blame - also excessive medical costs.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#11 » by Darth Celtic » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:38 pm

This would be huge. He's controlled the pace of the game on offense and defense. Pick and roll kills us with layups and Lopez 17ft jumpers he can't miss.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
OFWGKTA
General Manager
And1: 12,141

Post#12 » by OFWGKTA » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:40 pm

Froob wrote:Friends is like Kyle Lowry, everyone says it's amazing but you sit down and watch it and you're just like meh...

GuyClinch wrote: Regulation is mostly to blame - also excessive medical costs.
Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Slartibartfast » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:40 pm

Homerclease wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:Rondo has killed us on both ends and IT has had his way with Grant so this is definitely a nice boost for our chances.

The Celtics really do still have a rather steep hill to climb. MCW isn't the threat on offense that rondo is but he's more than a capable defender capable of giving IT problems. The rest of our team still needs to up their games in order to start winning

MCW is sort of a train wreck decision maker - he had some laughable possessions last game. But if they get him to calm down and focus on his strengths he could pose a lot of problems for us. He's such a huge guard and he's not unskilled once he gets in the paint.

I think it's more likely that they start Grant though. He was a spot starter for them for a good chunk of the season and they can have Butler and Wade take up more of the ball-handling burden.
Homerclease
RealGM

Post#14 » by Homerclease » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:42 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
Homerclease wrote:

MCW is sort of a train wreck decision maker - he had some laughable possessions last game. But if they get him to calm down and focus on his strengths he could pose a lot of problems for us. He's such a huge guard and he's not unskilled once he gets in the paint.

I think it's more likely that they start Grant though. He was a spot starter for them for a good chunk of the season and they can have Butler and Wade take up more of the ball-handling burden.

Oh I'm sure Grant will start, but MCW is the next man up for them. He's no all star but he's a capable role player in this league
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,603

Post#15 » by Curmudgeon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:45 pm

Meh, even if Rondo is out the Celtics will lose if Lopez continues to dominate Horford and Olynyk.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
soxfan2003
RealGM
And1: 4,178

Post#16 » by soxfan2003 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:50 pm

Ainge's plan is now starting to come to fruition. Banner #18 a possibility this year. Rondo out for probably a game or two to give the C's a chance to get back in the series, then Wall out then LBJ out then Curry and Draymond Green run into each other diving for a loose ball. Warriors are so good that the Celtics need two players to come up with injuries and/or temporary illnesses.

Celtics have to take advantage of this and have less turnovers themselves and force more Chicago turnovers.
Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Slartibartfast » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:52 pm

It was fun seeing Rondo look vintage for the first time in forever. But it will make the Bulls easier to hate.
ThirtyFour
Starter
And1: 3,477

Post#18 » by ThirtyFour » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:53 pm

They said it happened during the game, can someone find the footage of Olynyk doing this to him?
“There’s a sense of pride, there’s an edge you have to have to play here. I can only imagine the love, the reception, if you hung one of those banners up. It would be incredible — it’s going to be incredible. I know it.” —Jayson Tatum
OBisHalJordan
Rookie
And1: 892

Post#19 » by OBisHalJordan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:55 pm

I'm actually disappointed. Watching one of my old favorites destroy this sorry team was the only silver lining in game 2.
soxfan2003
RealGM
And1: 4,178

Post#20 » by soxfan2003 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:59 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
Homerclease wrote:

Rondo wasn't shooting well in this series but he was making the best decisions that I have seen him in a long time. One can argue that assists are can be flukish and I have done so in the past since they are dependent upon players making shots but his lack of turnovers for all of his ballhandling was impressive even considering the C's defense on him has obviously not been good. Didn't seem to be handling the ball too much either.

Lopez sooner or later was bound to start missing more of those midrange shots with or without Rondo and same with Wade on the 3's. But a couple of more turnovers for the Bulls, a couple of less for the Celtics and the same thing on the boards, Boston if they play with energy is capable of winning tonight and getting back in the series.

With Rondo out after playing so well the first two games, a loss here would be more devastating.

If Butler/Wade have to handle the ball more, a little less energy for them on D/offense. Butler is young enough it may not matter much but it may help Wade finally miss some darn 3's.

Return to Boston Celtics