ImageImageImage

Gordon Hayward's Recovery Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Wee Bay
Sophomore
And1: 96

Re: Gordon Hayward Leg is broken... Badly 

Post#681 » by Wee Bay » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Edug27 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:People shluld be in the acceptance phase by now.

Hayward playing this season is irrelevant at this point. How guys like Tatum and brown look like when he comes back and apparnetly rozier are my priority.

Boston is a 33 win team this season. Even if Hayward were healthy enough to return, it wouldn't be a for playoff run. So there's really no point.

You name the terms of the bet..I'll take it
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#682 » by Edug27 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:57 pm

ermocrate wrote:
Edug27 wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:From the way they played first two games lotter team. Its just two games but Kyrie is no IT not even close so far.

You can learn a lot from just 2 games.

I'm suspecting Kyrie gets shelved with a mysterious injury after all star break. Same with Horford. Let the young dudes play 35 minutes a game en route to a high lottery pick. Trade Smart before the deadline for something of value.

I think this would be detrimental to what is ur focus now, make stras out of Jaylen and Jason. Putting them on the field with a bunch of role players/young guys will strongly linit their potential.

KD would disagree. He said putting young guys out there with no pressure to win and make mistakes is the best way to grow and learn your game.
Edug27
RealGM

Post#683 » by Edug27 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:58 pm

chrisab123 wrote:
Edug27 wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:From the way they played first two games lotter team. Its just two games but Kyrie is no IT not even close so far.

I'm suspecting Kyrie gets shelved with a mysterious injury after all star break. Same with Horford. Let the young dudes play 35 minutes a game en route to a high lottery pick. Trade Smart before the deadline for something of value.

It’s two games and the Celtics are a lottery team now despite almost winning both...

Correct. This roster is one that'll fight for the 8 seed.
Edug27
RealGM

Post#684 » by Edug27 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:59 pm

Wee Bay wrote:
Edug27 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:People shluld be in the acceptance phase by now.

Hayward playing this season is irrelevant at this point. How guys like Tatum and brown look like when he comes back and apparnetly rozier are my priority.

Boston is a 33 win team this season. Even if Hayward were healthy enough to return, it wouldn't be a for playoff run. So there's really no point.

You name the terms of the bet..I'll take it

Not much of a betting man.. I prefer the old fashioned I told you so.
Jingles
Sixth Man
And1: 2,190

Post#685 » by Jingles » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:24 pm

Yeah why didn't they fix any problems from game 1 during all that practice time they had before game 2 to adjust to losing their best player?
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#686 » by ermocrate » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Edug27 wrote:
ermocrate wrote:
Edug27 wrote:

I think this would be detrimental to what is ur focus now, make stras out of Jaylen and Jason. Putting them on the field with a bunch of role players/young guys will strongly linit their potential.

KD would disagree. He said putting young guys out there with no pressure to win and make mistakes is the best way to grow and learn your game.

Yeah but we won’t have an experienced star to lead the way and correct their flaws. Today nobody has expectations on the Celtics so they should be fine
"Negativity in this town sucks"
prov1ml
Starter
And1: 2,157

Post#687 » by prov1ml » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:33 pm

Like someone said a few pages back, the true measure of whether or not he will return this season is if the team applies for the disabled player exception. If they do, they are planning that he's out for the season, if they don't then they might be expecting a return.

Regardless, an agent isn't going throw a timeline out there for his return immediately after surgery. That would inevitably 1) put pressure on Gordon to try to meet those expectations and 2) make the team have to answer questions about his availability for the next 3-4 months.
Edug27
RealGM

Post#688 » by Edug27 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:35 pm

ermocrate wrote:
Edug27 wrote:
ermocrate wrote:I think this would be detrimental to what is ur focus now, make stras out of Jaylen and Jason. Putting them on the field with a bunch of role players/young guys will strongly linit their potential.

Yeah but we won’t have an experienced star to lead the way and correct their flaws. Today nobody has expectations on the Celtics so they should be fine

You're assuming you need an experienced star... I disagree.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,974

Post#689 » by sam_I_am » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:49 pm

It was pretty awesome at game last night to see Hayward talk to fans from his hospital bed and encourage the team.
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#690 » by ermocrate » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:54 pm

Edug27 wrote:
ermocrate wrote:
Edug27 wrote:

You're assuming you need an experienced star... I disagree.

Well, the example is what is more important for youngs growing up, it's very hard for a kid to succeed otherwise even with a great coach, they need to be challenged continuosly and be pushed.When the star presence is not invasive it only helps.
"Negativity in this town sucks"
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#691 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:20 pm

prov1ml wrote:Like someone said a few pages back, the true measure of whether or not he will return this season is if the team applies for the disabled player exception. If they do, they are planning that he's out for the season, if they don't then they might be expecting a return.

I view it the other way - if they say Gordon can return before the season ends, then they might not get the disabled player exception. Why wouldn't you want an extra $8.4 million to use as an asset? There is no penalty if Hayward returns early either.

I think they'll say he's out for the season for 2 reasons:
1) They don't want to rush Hayward back
2) they get an asset in the exception
robdog_5
Veteran
And1: 2,155

Post#692 » by robdog_5 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:35 pm

I'm thinking we will win around 38-42 games and be a 6 or 7 seed. Win 1 or 2 games vs Toronto or Wizards. If we play Cavs we will get swept and IT will score 40 in one game. It's not going to be a great year.

But Jaylen and Tatum will get ton of good mins. Rozier and Smart also will get a chance to carry larger role. So in essence guys will hopefully add the value we've always thought they had as Celtics fans and prove to be huge parts of the future or could also become greater assets.

Some positive to gain, also Boston will have a much better pick of their own.

I thought we had a shot if all the pieces meshed well to beat Cavs but now it's the long game which is most important and that was the main crux of the trade anyways. To build long term flexibility and an elite team for long hual
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#693 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:40 pm

Read on Twitter
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#694 » by FlatearthZorro » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:54 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

I guess Brad confirmed that there were no ligaments torn? If true Hayward would have a much easier time getting back to his old self.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
CavemanDoctor
Veteran
And1: 4,128

Post#695 » by CavemanDoctor » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:56 pm

Did Brad confirm no ligaments torn? All I saw was some random reporter on Twitter say that.

Would like an actual confirmation.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#696 » by ddb » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:07 pm

trade for Marco Belinelli. 1 year rental to help fill the void left by the injured Gordon Hayward. Marco is in no way, shape or form Gordon Hayward, but he could surprisingly duplicate SOME of the portion of the playbook that was created for Hayward. Also, Marco is fearless. He can shoot, score, handle and play when it matters. He is a veteran that could either start or come off the bench depending on match-ups.
I year left on his deal. If we get the injury hardship exception the Celtics need to send a couple minor assets to a rebuilding Atlanta team in exchange for the veteran Belinelli.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#697 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:12 pm

CavemanDoctor wrote:Did Brad confirm no ligaments torn? All I saw was some random reporter on Twitter say that.

From the Herald article:
"A major reason for that optimism, as Bartelstein told the Herald Wednesday night, was that tests revealed a so-called clean break, with a minimum of other damage to Hayward’s leg.

Hayward and his family were further encouraged after surgery, when doctors failed to discover any surprises or further complications."
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
CavemanDoctor
Veteran
And1: 4,128

Post#698 » by CavemanDoctor » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:18 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
CavemanDoctor wrote:Did Brad confirm no ligaments torn? All I saw was some random reporter on Twitter say that.

From the Herald article:
"A major reason for that optimism, as Bartelstein told the Herald Wednesday night, was that tests revealed a so-called clean break, with a minimum of other damage to Hayward’s leg.

Hayward and his family were further encouraged after surgery, when doctors failed to discover any surprises or further complications."

Good news, obviously. I'd still like someone to come out and definitively say "No ligament damage whatsoever." I've been bitten by the cryptic "minimum of other damage" talk before.
OFWGKTA
General Manager
And1: 12,141

Post#699 » by OFWGKTA » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:20 pm

CavemanDoctor wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:

From the Herald article:

Good news, obviously. I'd still like someone to come out and definitively say "No ligament damage whatsoever." I've been bitten by the cryptic "minimum of other damage" talk before.

There was probably some stretching of ligaments by default, but "minimum" probably means it should heal within the same time frame as the bones.
Froob wrote:Friends is like Kyle Lowry, everyone says it's amazing but you sit down and watch it and you're just like meh...

GuyClinch wrote: Regulation is mostly to blame - also excessive medical costs.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,315

Post#700 » by chrisab123 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:21 pm

Edug27 wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:
Edug27 wrote:

It’s two games and the Celtics are a lottery team now despite almost winning both...

Correct. This roster is one that'll fight for the 8 seed.

Strongly disagree. In the West yes. But the East is a joke. They couldn't tank even if they wanted to. Kyrie is a superstar and Brown and Tatum look really mature. Al is still pretty good.

Return to Boston Celtics