ImageImageImage

Welcome Jayson Tatum

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,366

Re: Welcome Jayson Tatum 

Post#521 » by tlee324 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 1:25 pm

Homerclease wrote:
bigfoot_cryptozoology wrote:
hickfromfrenchlick wrote:
+1 for teaching me a new word

I wasn't born yesterday and I have a pretty substantial vocabulary, so hats off.

Holy Cow, it is a real word. Seems to be generally used in a medical context,
an abrupt change in physiological conditions leading to a dysfunctional state of being.
You do indeed, learn something new every day.

So in other words, a personal attack. Wonderful. Tatum was great in the third quarter and I look forward to his sophomore leap like Jaylen Brown. Kid absolutely oozes with talent

You got pretty worked up over it. Feel free to report me.
bigfoot_cryptozoology
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,294

Post#522 » by bigfoot_cryptozoology » Thu Dec 7, 2017 1:26 pm

Homerclease wrote:
+1 for teaching me a new word

I wasn't born yesterday and I have a pretty substantial vocabulary, so hats off.

an abrupt change in physiological conditions leading to a dysfunctional state of being.

So in other words, a personal attack. Wonderful. Tatum was great in the third quarter and I look forward to his sophomore leap like Jaylen Brown. Kid absolutely oozes with talent

Don't dysregulate me, Brah! Lol. Tatum is rarely dysregulated out on the court and Celtics fans are quite pleased...
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,394

Post#523 » by Homerclease » Thu Dec 7, 2017 1:30 pm

tlee324 wrote:
Homerclease wrote:

Already have. Shame you can’t just let it go and move on
Moose23
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#524 » by Moose23 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 1:30 pm

I have been hoping that Tatum can eventually fill the role of a floor spacing pf.

If we were to deal for someone like davis(horford, rozier and lots of picks) it could in theory be a pretty crazy lineup

Irving
Brown
Hayward
Tatum
Davis

With smart and morris as 6/7 men.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,285

Post#525 » by brackdan70 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 1:41 pm

Moose23 wrote:I have been hoping that Tatum can eventually fill the role of a floor spacing pf.

If we were to deal for someone like davis(horford, rozier and lots of picks) it could in theory be a pretty crazy lineup

Irving
Brown
Hayward
Tatum
Davis

could also keep Horford and Rozier and likely have an equally effective lineup. I am all for Trading for someone like davis, but sending out Horford wouldn't make sense for the acquiring team or for the Cs really.
Sign here
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#526 » by Smitty731 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 1:48 pm

Homerclease wrote:
tlee324 wrote:
Homerclease wrote:So in other words, a personal attack. Wonderful. Tatum was great in the third quarter and I look forward to his sophomore leap like Jaylen Brown. Kid absolutely oozes with talent

I've had my head to heads with Homer too, but I think we've largely kept it civil. I am going to ask you do the same please TLee. Attack the post, not the poster please.
Moose23
Analyst

Post#527 » by Moose23 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 1:49 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
Moose23 wrote:I have been hoping that Tatum can eventually fill the role of a floor spacing pf.

Irving
Brown
Hayward
Tatum
Davis

could also keep Horford and Rozier and likely have an equally effective lineup. I am all for Trading for someone like davis, but sending out Horford wouldn't make sense for the acquiring team or for the Cs really.

It could for NOH honestly, but that is another discussion.

It would have to be assumed that for a franchise center coming in, Horford would have to go out for financial reasons. (cannot have 4 max players on a roster at once....that a BIG committment) And personally I think Horford performs alot better at the PF spot as opposed to the Center spot. Now this is purely off eye test and I have not currently supported by numbers of any sort...
tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#528 » by tlee324 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 2:07 pm

Smitty731 wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
tlee324 wrote:

I've had my head to heads with Homer too, but I think we've largely kept it civil. I am going to ask you do the same please TLee. Attack the post, not the poster please.

I have no problem attacking the post. I actually DID. I posted over and over that Tatum was being assertive, agreed with others when they were saying the same thing, and even asked another poster to let homer have his moment when they responded to him, because he couldn't handle being wrong.

I do have a great time going at people, there's no question about it. Been doing it for a long time. So if it upset others, I apologize. I will try to reign it in.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,394

Post#529 » by Homerclease » Thu Dec 7, 2017 2:30 pm

tlee324 wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:
Homerclease wrote:Already have. Shame you can’t just let it go and move on

I have no problem attacking the post. I actually DID. I posted over and over that Tatum was being assertive, agreed with others when they were saying the same thing, and even asked another poster to let homer have his moment when they responded to him, because he couldn't handle being wrong.

I do have a great time going at people, there's no question about it. Been doing it for a long time. So if it upset others, I apologize. I will try to reign it in.

I can handle being wrong just fine. It’s happened before, it’s gonna happen again. That’s why I don’t resort to personal attacks when someone disagrees with me, especially in a matter of opinion like this topic happened to be.

I thought Tatum took his game up a notch in the third. When he’s decisive off the catch either going right up with the ball or attacking the rim then he’s an all star. Too often he hesitates to make a decision which is fine, he’s a rookie. I thought he played this way in the first quarter, you didn’t. No big deal.

You also aren’t the arbiter in which posters get to discuss which topics at any given time with each other. If shak and I want to have a discussion, that’s what this forum is for. I was fine until you took it to the next level and interjected with a comment that served no purpose. But whatever, water under the bridge. We’re all Celtics fans, they won the game. Let’s drop it and move on shall we?
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,158

Post#530 » by chakdaddy » Thu Dec 7, 2017 2:57 pm

He reminds me of Dirk Nowitzki more.than Pierce with his length, smooth shot, and easy athleticism.
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,125

Post#531 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:03 pm

Irving
Brown
Hayward
Tatum
Davis

Eventually?
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,125

Post#532 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:06 pm

chakdaddy wrote:He reminds me of Dirk Nowitzki more.than Pierce with his length, smooth shot, and easy athleticism.

I get more of a Robert Traylor vibe.*

*Since we're comparing JT to players from the '98 draft.
Moose23
Analyst

Post#533 » by Moose23 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:13 pm

Irving
Brown
Hayward
Tatum
Davis

Eventually?

hes been playing alot of SF, was thinking of him being a long term PF be next season beside both Brown and Hayward on the wings.
tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#534 » by tlee324 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:20 pm

chakdaddy wrote:He reminds me of Dirk Nowitzki more.than Pierce with his length, smooth shot, and easy athleticism.

In the post, he does pretty well emulating Dirk's footwork in my opinion
SeizeCoup
Lead Assistant
And1: 665

Post#535 » by SeizeCoup » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:39 pm

I think his closest current comp in the NBA is Tobias Harris. Of course we are comparing a rookie to a 25 year old. A 19 year old Tatum is WAY better than Harris at that same age.
TA42
Sixth Man
And1: 772

Post#536 » by TA42 » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:43 pm

Irving
Brown
Hayward
Tatum
Davis

Crazy lineup but I don't see how New Orleans deals Davis without one of Brown or Tatum. Also, while I know Anthony Davis is a generational talent I'd hate to see Al go. He does so many of the little things that make our team successful.

Irving
Hayward
Tatum
Horford
Davis

Now that would be amazing.
Jingles
Sixth Man
And1: 2,190

Post#537 » by Jingles » Thu Dec 7, 2017 4:54 pm

If they decide to update Operation they can use Anthony Davis as the guy on the table.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#538 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:10 am

Most Points by a Celtics Rookie, first 30 games:
• Bird - 573
• Cowens - 526
• Pierce - 444
• Mercer - 417
• Tatum - 415

Tatum is doing it on 50/50/82 splits at 19 yo.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Re: RE: Re: Welcome Jayson Tatum 

Post#539 » by ddb » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:18 am

ConstableGeneva wrote:Most Points by a Celtics Rookie, first 30 games:
• Bird - 573
• Cowens - 526
• Pierce - 444
• Mercer - 417
• Tatum - 415

Mercer lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using RealGM mobile app
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,538

Post#540 » by Kalela » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:46 am

Tatum needs to get stronger. He would be a much improved one-on-one defender if he was a little stronger.

ConstableGeneva wrote:Most Points by a Celtics Rookie, first 30 games:
• Bird - 573
• Cowens - 526
• Pierce - 444
• Mercer - 417
• Tatum - 415

If it wasn't for that horrible game against the Bulls he would have surpassed Mercer.
Fire Mazzulla

Return to Boston Celtics