ImageImageImage

2019 NBA draft

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Re: 2019 NBA draft 

Post#881 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sun May 19, 2019 6:47 pm

Probably just solidified a top 12 draft spot
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#882 » by FlatearthZorro » Sun May 19, 2019 6:47 pm

Roddy wrote:Sekou last night game...34 points, 13/18, 5/7 from 3, 9 rebounds

Preachh!!! Danny better get the kid to Boston. He's got star written all over him. And ffs, he's still 19 I think. He'll be 6'10 by the time he's 21-22.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#883 » by Bleeding Green » Mon May 20, 2019 8:40 pm

Wow he has really nice touch. Imagine an NBA game where players had space to land out of bounds like we see on this court.

Tons of uncontested jumpers and layups, jesus.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,861

Post#884 » by Curmudgeon » Mon May 20, 2019 10:52 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:Wow he has really nice touch. Imagine an NBA game where players had space to land out of bounds like we see on this court.

Tons of uncontested jumpers and layups, jesus.

Yes, they were uncontested and the release is low, but they went in.

Doumbouya won't be 19 until December 23. At his age, most guys are playing in high school, not in French Pro A.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#885 » by BillessuR6 » Tue May 21, 2019 12:23 pm

Sekou is shooting .34 (23 - 67) from three this year in French league (27 games) and .79 (23 - 29) on free throws...

There is always speculation about african born player when age is in question...but his family moved to France when he was 1, so DOB should be legit...

But he will be gone by pick 14 anyway...I am also sceptical Danny would move up to get him...
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#886 » by ddb » Tue May 21, 2019 1:46 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:

Preachh!!! Danny better get the kid to Boston. He's got star written all over him. And ffs, he's still 19 I think. He'll be 6'10 by the time he's 21-22.
I have been tracking this kid for awhile now. He is the real deal. His upside is right in that upper tier of prospects in this class. I was hoping he would slide under the radar and last until #14, but at this point there's just no way. He will go Top 10, maybe top 5. Between Giannis and Paskal, there's enough proof that a kid with this type of size & skill will translate and develop well to the modern NBA game.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
ddb
RealGM

Post#887 » by ddb » Tue May 21, 2019 2:00 pm

This draft is shaping up to be Zion-Morant-RJ top 3. The next group of names in no particular order is likely to be Culver-Hunter-Sekou-Reddish-Garland-White.
For Boston if you like the upside of Nassir Little then you'll be happy to hear that he could slide to 14. Bol Bol could very well still be there at 14. I like Little. Even though he had an underwhelming freshman season, he is athletic, defends well and brings alot of energy to the game. If he settles down and develops on O he could be a bigtime steal at 14.
Little is the type of young player that even before he improves on O, could end up earning some minutes because of the intangibles.
But not for nothing, I think ultimately Danny is drafting for NOLA anyway.

Leprechaun18
Bench Warmer
And1: 644

Post#888 » by Leprechaun18 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:28 pm

ddb wrote:This draft is shaping up to be Zion-Morant-RJ top 3. The next group of names in no particular order is likely to be Culver-Hunter-Sekou-Reddish-Garland-White.
For Boston if you like the upside of Nassir Little then you'll be happy to hear that he could slide to 14. Bol Bol could very well still be there at 14. I like Little. Even though he had an underwhelming freshman season, he is athletic, defends well and brings alot of energy to the game. If he settles down and develops on O he could be a bigtime steal at 14.
Little is the type of young player that even before he improves on O, could end up earning some minutes because of the intangibles.

I like Bol Bol. but is he healthy? Sekou's handle is not great, but he can shoot.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#889 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue May 21, 2019 2:35 pm

Some GM is going to overdraft Sekou because of Giannis. It wont be us.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#890 » by Andrew McCeltic » Tue May 21, 2019 2:48 pm

ddb wrote:This draft is shaping up to be Zion-Morant-RJ top 3. The next group of names in no particular order is likely to be Culver-Hunter-Sekou-Reddish-Garland-White.

I think Sekou played himself into the top 8 with a breakout game.. before that, the differences between him and Little were three inches of height and the fact Nassir had a "disappointing" freshman year.

The two guys I'm favoring the most right now, either at 14 or in trade-up range (20/22 for 10, etc.) are Little and Bruno Fernando. Fernando just looks like a player, he has good instincts with the ball in the post, back-downs and drop-steps, he's going to have major strength on both sides of the ball, and he's likely to have enough lateral agility and shooting ability to mitigate the ways he's a "traditional"/obsolete big man..

If we wound up with the two of them at 10/14, I'd consider it a solid, interesting draft, especially since we were a group this year who struggled with physicality..
ddb
RealGM

Post#891 » by ddb » Tue May 21, 2019 2:56 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:

I think Sekou played himself into the top 8 with a breakout game.. before that, the differences between him and Little were three inches of height and the fact Nassir had a "disappointing" freshman year.

The two guys I'm favoring the most right now, either at 14 or in trade-up range (20/22 for 10, etc.) are Little and Bruno Fernando. Fernando just looks like a player, he has good instincts with the ball in the post, back-downs and drop-steps, he's going to have major strength on both sides of the ball, and he's likely to have enough lateral agility and shooting ability to mitigate the ways he's a "traditional"/obsolete big man..

If we wound up with the two of them at 10/14, I'd consider it a solid, interesting draft, especially since we were a group this year who struggled with physicality..
I still think there is a chance Fernando is there at 20

winsomme2
Pro Prospect
And1: 517

Post#892 » by winsomme2 » Tue May 21, 2019 3:20 pm

ddb wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:

I still think there is a chance Fernando is there at 20

My top guy I'd like to come away with in this draft is Fernando. Interior defense is overlooked IMO in today's NBA with guys like Giannis, Embiid, Kawhi taking the lead. I know positionless wing defenders are most talked about but from watching Giannis just skate right through our defense all season, I think we need to start planning for that for next season.

The other guy I would really like is Cameron Johnson. That guy is going to make a ton of 3s in his NBA career.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#893 » by FlatearthZorro » Tue May 21, 2019 3:29 pm

ddb wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:

I have been tracking this kid for awhile now. He is the real deal. His upside is right in that upper tier of prospects in this class. I was hoping he would slide under the radar and last until #14, but at this point there's just no way. He will go Top 10, maybe top 5. Between Giannis and Paskal, there's enough proof that a kid with this type of size & skill will translate and develop well to the modern NBA game.

If it's top 10, Danny can trade up and get him. Top 5, I doubt it. But I've written it 10 times at the very least, I want Doumbouya. Funny part about him is that I think he can be the BEST player in this draft class. He is still 19 till December. He'll be 6'10, 6'11 by the time he's 21. And he already has a shot, he's very nimble on his feet, pretty good athlete, can pass and rebound.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
ddb
RealGM

Post#894 » by ddb » Tue May 21, 2019 3:37 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:
ddb wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:

If it's top 10, Danny can trade up and get him. Top 5, I doubt it. But I've written it 10 times at the very least, I want Doumbouya. Funny part about him is that I think he can be the BEST player in this draft class. Funny part is that he wont be 19 till December. He'll be 6'10, 6'11 by the time he's 21. And he already has a shot, he's very nimble on his feet, pretty good athlete, can pass and rebound.
He is a very nice prospect. It will take him some time though

Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#895 » by Andrew McCeltic » Tue May 21, 2019 7:28 pm

Fernando apparently had better combine numbers than Hayes for his sprint times.. which is surprising.

I have trouble seeing him last to 20, but it’s possible
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,232

Post#896 » by djFan71 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:02 pm

I'd love to come out with: Alexander-Walker, Brandon Clarke, Keldon Johnson.
All well-rounded, play with effort guys that can help on offense as well. I'm not sure that's possible without Clarke sliding to 20, though. I'd also accept:

Get Walker at 14.
Trade 20 & 22 to get Clarke.
If not, Keldon at 20, or Cameron Johnson or Little if he's gone.
Goga, Claxton or Bassey at 22. Goga seems to be a name, so I figured I should throw him in.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,870

Post#897 » by Celts17Pride » Tue May 21, 2019 8:09 pm

djFan71 wrote:I'd love to come out with: Alexander-Walker, Brandon Clarke, Keldon Johnson.

I like these three as well.
FakeScreenName123
RealGM
And1: 5,113

Post#898 » by FakeScreenName123 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:00 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:the release is low, but they went in.

as you know im a draft expert and ive started my research today with this clip of the french guy

people told me ben simmons had a bad shot and I was like "yea ok whatever" and then I saw it...

you told me his shot was low and i was like "yea ok whatever" and then I saw it....

difference is one went in,

but that's low
FakeScreenName123
RealGM
And1: 5,113

Post#899 » by FakeScreenName123 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:03 pm

btw how excited are you guys for the next 10 years of the "comp: pascal siakam" for every tweener in the 10-25 range in the nba draft era?

following foosteps of

every guard between 6'3 - 6'5: Dwyane wade.

Euro: Dirk.

2nd round Undersized power forward with OK 3 point shooting and weight problems: Rodney Rogers

Lanky Upside Big Guy: Keon Clark
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#900 » by Andrew McCeltic » Tue May 21, 2019 9:12 pm

Yeah, I think it's good before hyping Sekou to remember how often players who seem to have the right mix of size and skill upside turn out to underachieve - Anthony Randolph is one example.

Return to Boston Celtics