ImageImageImage

Trade Thread #8: All Gordon things come to an End

Moderators: sully00, djFan71, ParticleMan, Froob, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10

User avatar
Tai
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,074
And1: 2,857
Joined: Dec 03, 2009
       

Re: Trade Thread #8: All Gordon things come to an End 

Post#1141 » by Tai » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:49 am

Scarletfire81 wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
Yinwest wrote:
Read on Twitter

Thoughts guys?

They need to clear a significant amount in order to sign Hayward outright. If this is even a thing, a third team would have to be involved imo.

We won't take on Batum or Zeller's contract even if they're expiring. Batum will put us over the tax. Zeller may not, but we already signed Thompson and have Theis/Timelord/Grant as backups.

The TPE is the prize here and whatever pick they can throw our way along with it. We can use both to sign an FA (why Bogdan's name is being brought up) or for midseason trades or for next offseason.



I thought the Hornets were waiving Batum to make room?


They could yes, but I guess this tells me the Hornets aren't fully prepared to do it yet. Otherwise what else is there to discuss with the Celtics lol?
smartyz456 wrote:oh i am a laker fan for life

i'm just gonna be a warrior fan until lebron leaves the lakers

true laker fans don't root for lebron


viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1728641
User avatar
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
Posts: 32,730
And1: 64,449
Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Location: Parody Account
 

Re: Trade Thread #8: All Gordon things come to an End 

Post#1142 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:54 am

A lot of moving parts, but this works for me lol:

Image

I'm unsure who gives/receives extra compensation in the form or a pick since everyone benefits in this deal.

Clippers get a PG they need although he's a clone of Reggie Jackson w/ a bit more defense.
Hornets get their guy and a couple of warm bodies. They won't have to waive-&-stretch Batum and clog their books.
Kings get a defensive pest for someone who's leaving anyway. Maybe they get a 2nd rounder from someone.
Celtics get another scorer/playmaker. We also get a TPE worth almost $12M.

Someone check for holes then send this to Adam Silver already!

EDIT: If the BAE is used to sign Teague instead of veteran's minimum exception, then Bogdan's starting salary would have to be a bit lower ($15M) for the Celtics to avoid the tax.
Yinwest
Junior
Posts: 308
And1: 168
Joined: Nov 04, 2009
 

Re: Trade Thread #8: All Gordon things come to an End 

Post#1143 » by Yinwest » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:58 am

Thanks guys, so there is still hope, TPE would be nice

Come on Danny, give us something....
CelticsLV
Head Coach
Posts: 6,258
And1: 6,047
Joined: Jan 08, 2016
 

Re: Trade Thread #8: All Gordon things come to an End 

Post#1144 » by CelticsLV » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:03 am

"Celtics are getting Bogdan" is the latest made up rumor people will get upset about not happening?
User avatar
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
Posts: 32,730
And1: 64,449
Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Location: Parody Account
 

Re: Trade Thread #8: All Gordon things come to an End 

Post#1145 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:05 am

CelticsLV wrote:"Celtics are getting Bogdan" is the latest made up rumor people will get upset about not happening?

Image
User avatar
thebirdman
General Manager
Posts: 7,923
And1: 1,265
Joined: Aug 15, 2004
Location: Slovenia
 

Re: Trade Thread #8: All Gordon things come to an End 

Post#1146 » by thebirdman » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:08 am

CelticsLV wrote:"Celtics are getting Bogdan" is the latest made up rumor people will get upset about not happening?


Unfortunately, yes. :lol:
Scarletfire81
Analyst
Posts: 3,719
And1: 3,102
Joined: Jul 17, 2014
       

Re: Trade Thread #8: All Gordon things come to an End 

Post#1147 » by Scarletfire81 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:22 am

If Ainge gets Bogdan, it would be a Doug Flutie Hail-Mary. I really hope it happens, so we can all laugh at the Fire Danny thread.
User avatar
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
Posts: 32,730
And1: 64,449
Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Location: Parody Account
 

Re: Trade Thread #8: All Gordon things come to an End 

Post#1148 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:37 am

Scarletfire81 wrote:If Ainge gets Bogdan, it would be a Doug Flutie Hail-Mary. I really hope it happens, so we can all laugh at the Fire Danny thread.

Come on, we all know Bogdanovic will be signed by either the Lakers or the Heat by the end of business hours. This is just to pass the time.
Maple Green
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,942
And1: 56
Joined: Jun 16, 2006

Re: Trade Thread #8: All Gordon things come to an End 

Post#1149 » by Maple Green » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:40 am

If we get Bog from Sac., I am gladly give Semi to Sac for free
djFan71
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 8,969
And1: 10,018
Joined: Jul 24, 2010
 

Re: Trade Thread #8: All Gordon things come to an End 

Post#1150 » by djFan71 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:57 am

3 team with Bulls? Bulls get Terry, CHA gets Satoransky. Saves enough to fit Gordon. We get full Gordon contract TPE.
User avatar
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
Posts: 32,730
And1: 64,449
Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Location: Parody Account
 

Re: Trade Thread #8: All Gordon things come to an End 

Post#1151 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:58 am

Read on Twitter
User avatar
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
Posts: 32,730
And1: 64,449
Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Location: Parody Account
 

Re: Trade Thread #8: All Gordon things come to an End 

Post#1152 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:02 pm

djFan71 wrote:3 team with Bulls? Bulls get Terry, CHA gets Satoransky. Saves enough to fit Gordon. We get full Gordon contract TPE.

Can't they just cut us off? Or this is a case of I scratched your balls last offseason, you scratch mine.
djFan71
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 8,969
And1: 10,018
Joined: Jul 24, 2010
 

Re: Trade Thread #8: All Gordon things come to an End 

Post#1153 » by djFan71 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:03 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
djFan71 wrote:3 team with Bulls? Bulls get Terry, CHA gets Satoransky. Saves enough to fit Gordon. We get full Gordon contract TPE.

Can't they just cut us off? Or this is a case of I scratched your balls last offseason, you scratch mine.

Yeah, they could. We could take Felicio back too. Save CHI some money. Lessens the TPE, but we could waive him and still be under the tax. Keep TPE for next year.
User avatar
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
Posts: 32,730
And1: 64,449
Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Location: Parody Account
 

Re: Trade Thread #8: All Gordon things come to an End 

Post#1154 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:05 pm

djFan71 wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
djFan71 wrote:3 team with Bulls? Bulls get Terry, CHA gets Satoransky. Saves enough to fit Gordon. We get full Gordon contract TPE.

Can't they just cut us off? Or this is a case of I scratched your balls last offseason, you scratch mine.

Yeah, they could. We could take Felicio back too. Save CHI some money. Lessens the TPE, but we could waive him and still be under the tax. Keep TPE for next year.

The Felicio portion may be necessary since CHI doesn't have the cap space to absorb all of Terry's salary.
User avatar
Saint Lazarus
Veteran
Posts: 2,509
And1: 4,200
Joined: May 20, 2018
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Trade Thread #8: All Gordon things come to an End 

Post#1155 » by Saint Lazarus » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:06 pm

Holy **** I finally caught up with the thread. Read like 120 pages today.
Image

dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
djFan71
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 8,969
And1: 10,018
Joined: Jul 24, 2010
 

Re: Trade Thread #8: All Gordon things come to an End 

Post#1156 » by djFan71 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:08 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:Can't they just cut us off? Or this is a case of I scratched your balls last offseason, you scratch mine.

Yeah, they could. We could take Felicio back too. Save CHI some money. Lessens the TPE, but we could waive him and still be under the tax. Keep TPE for next year.

The Felicio portion may be necessary since CHI doesn't have the cap space to absorb all of Terry's salary.

Eh, it worked on tradenba..... but, yeah, that seems pretty solid all around doesn't it? Assuming CHA wants off Terry.

CHI: Terry for Sato/Felicio
CHA: Gordon for Terry
BOS: Felicio, TPE for Gordon

We can keep Felicio for trade ballast. Or waive him if we need the roster spot. Not sure anyone really needs picks even.
User avatar
Saint Lazarus
Veteran
Posts: 2,509
And1: 4,200
Joined: May 20, 2018
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Trade Thread #8: All Gordon things come to an End 

Post#1157 » by Saint Lazarus » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:16 pm

Would people prefer Bogi or just the TPE and cap flexibility while avoiding the tax?
Image

dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
User avatar
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
Posts: 32,730
And1: 64,449
Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Location: Parody Account
 

Re: Trade Thread #8: All Gordon things come to an End 

Post#1158 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:31 pm

Saint Lazarus wrote:Would people prefer Bogi or just the TPE and cap flexibility while avoiding the tax?

Image
User avatar
Saint Lazarus
Veteran
Posts: 2,509
And1: 4,200
Joined: May 20, 2018
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Trade Thread #8: All Gordon things come to an End 

Post#1159 » by Saint Lazarus » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:32 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:Would people prefer Bogi or just the TPE and cap flexibility while avoiding the tax?

Image


Would we avoid the tax if we give him 20 per year?
Image

dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
User avatar
Green89
RealGM
Posts: 22,107
And1: 19,563
Joined: Apr 01, 2013

Re: Trade Thread #8: All Gordon things come to an End 

Post#1160 » by Green89 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:36 pm

Scarletfire81 wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
Yinwest wrote:
Read on Twitter

Thoughts guys?

They need to clear a significant amount in order to sign Hayward outright. If this is even a thing, a third team would have to be involved imo.

We won't take on Batum or Zeller's contract even if they're expiring. Batum will put us over the tax. Zeller may not, but we already signed Thompson and have Theis/Timelord/Grant as backups.

The TPE is the prize here and whatever pick they can throw our way along with it. We can use both to sign an FA (why Bogdan's name is being brought up) or for midseason trades or for next offseason.



I thought the Hornets were waiving Batum to make room?


After much media ridicule, I think MJ realized it was a bad idea.

Return to Boston Celtics