ImageImageImage

Post-Game Notes: BOS 102, ORL 103 (2-1)

Moderators: ParticleMan, The Comedian, Parliament10, canman1971, djFan71, Froob, sully00

User avatar
GoCeltics123
RealGM
Posts: 14,116
And1: 26,141
Joined: May 05, 2015
         

Post-Game Notes: BOS 102, ORL 103 (2-1) 

Post#1 » by GoCeltics123 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:26 am

Shame to lose like that but its preseason so who cares.

Nesmith and Pritchard look **** great (hope Pritch is good), Romeo looked ok, not as good as before. End of the bench guys kinda looked like **** except Jabari in the first half, Theo Pinson looked good too.

One more preseason game. Starters will likely play vs Miami.
Read on Twitter
Jammer
Head Coach
Posts: 7,296
And1: 1,308
Joined: Mar 06, 2001
Contact:
 

Re: Post-Game Notes: BOS 102, ORL 103 (2-1) 

Post#2 » by Jammer » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:32 am

Wasn't able to catch the game but thanks for the insight.
User avatar
Romeiro Celtic
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,296
And1: 5,306
Joined: Jan 04, 2017
Location: Brazil
     

Re: Post-Game Notes: BOS 102, ORL 103 (2-1) 

Post#3 » by Romeiro Celtic » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:39 am

I was really really happy with the performances from Nesmith and Pritchard, specially Pritchard. I still coming in to the season with low expectations for Romeo, hope he does better than I expect. I'm really hoping he won't become a James Young kinda player.
Al Horford wrote:Brad Stevens is a genius, man.
Joshyjess
Starter
Posts: 2,373
And1: 4,060
Joined: Jun 20, 2018
         

Re: Post-Game Notes: BOS 102, ORL 103 (2-1) 

Post#4 » by Joshyjess » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:40 am

This team is DOOMED!!!! DOOMED I tell you. Our off-the bench players just aren't good enough to compete with starters / second team players of other teams. :lol:
Seriously though, there were some good things tonight (and a whole heapin bunch of not-so-good things). Neismith and Langford need to get some good minutes during the season. They are both coming along nicely, and need to keep being groomed.
Pritchard is an excellent second team PG. He can amost guarentee that our second unit will keep putting points on the board.
Williams causes more players to change their minds than almost any other player in the league. Love watching him out there. Nice to see him starting to hit some "outside" shots as well.
Grant is still a riddle, wrapped in a mystery surrounded by an enigma (or however that saying goes). Some times he looks much better than last year, other times he looks worst than last year. Make up your mind Grant, you're confusing us.
Our big guys (outside of Al and Rob) don't do much for me. They can be servicable in certain situations, but as a whole, they leave a lot lacking.
Hauser needs to get some good second team minutes. He has the potential to be a Korver like specialist from the three
Parker can provide good offense for our second / third teams, but he's just not very reliable, and his defense leaves so much to be desired.
I think Ume's job was made a bit easier tonight in knowing who will and who won't be making the team. A few guys pretty much played themselves out of any possible spots.
It was a pretty fun game tonight, though.
playa-hater
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,972
And1: 5,128
Joined: Aug 29, 2020
 

Re: Post-Game Notes: BOS 102, ORL 103 (2-1) 

Post#5 » by playa-hater » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:55 am

I am guessing more of the same on Friday as I wouldn't expect major players/starters to play much.

Game is also in Miami. I am debating going as it is in my backyard. but only if I can sit very close to the court and get NON regular season Prices.

If I get a seat behind Boston's bench I will put up a sign for all to see :D 8-)
President Of Nesmith's fan club and please excuse the soon to be 10,000 GDT typos coming your way!
Joshyjess
Starter
Posts: 2,373
And1: 4,060
Joined: Jun 20, 2018
         

Re: Post-Game Notes: BOS 102, ORL 103 (2-1) 

Post#6 » by Joshyjess » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:35 am

Posted this on the injury thread, but it's now being reported that Payton actually got his nose broken in the game, and he will at least miss the next preseason game Vs. Miami. Hopefully he'll recover quickly from this.
Infinite Llamas
Head Coach
Posts: 6,196
And1: 15,322
Joined: Jul 22, 2006
Location: Land of Llamas
   

Re: Post-Game Notes: BOS 102, ORL 103 (2-1) 

Post#7 » by Infinite Llamas » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:43 am

Nesmith looked like the best player on the court for many stretches this game. This is very good news. He is very aggressive and could be that third scorer we desperately need near Jaylen and Jayson. I think he compliments them really well too.
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
thebirdman
General Manager
Posts: 8,309
And1: 1,867
Joined: Aug 15, 2004
Location: Slovenia
 

Re: Post-Game Notes: BOS 102, ORL 103 (2-1) 

Post#8 » by thebirdman » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:24 am

Nesmith looked really good, especially from the 2nd quarter on. Pritchard great until the injury. Romeo was OK, Rob was good. Grant I am losing hope in...

Hauser definitely has potential, he is a sniper but he needs to move his feet on defense. Do not like his energy on that end. Garrison is also a guy that will stick in this league...

Camp guys were brutal, though...
Gomes3PC
General Manager
Posts: 7,536
And1: 3,517
Joined: Feb 10, 2006

Re: Post-Game Notes: BOS 102, ORL 103 (2-1) 

Post#9 » by Gomes3PC » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:37 pm

Still a little worried about Timelord. Better outing last night than his first two contests but still don't feel he is impacting the game the way he did last year.

On the flip side, Nesmith continues to come into his own. I was really down on him last year so will need to eat crow if he keeps this up. He's shooting 56% from the field in preseason, 50% from 3 on good volume, and per-36 output of 24 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 3+ APG. If we can get 20 MPG where he's giving us 11-12 PPG on 40%+ shooting, good defense and a bit of passing as a secondary playmaker, that would be a huge boost.

FastPP is just a player. Not sure how you make the minutes work but he's got to find 15+ MPG since his deep 3 spacing is so deadly and valuable for us.
playa-hater
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,972
And1: 5,128
Joined: Aug 29, 2020
 

Re: Post-Game Notes: BOS 102, ORL 103 (2-1) 

Post#10 » by playa-hater » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:16 pm

Gomes3PC wrote:Still a little worried about Timelord. Better outing last night than his first two contests but still don't feel he is impacting the game the way he did last year.

On the flip side, Nesmith continues to come into his own. I was really down on him last year so will need to eat crow if he keeps this up. He's shooting 56% from the field in preseason, 50% from 3 on good volume, and per-36 output of 24 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 3+ APG. If we can get 20 MPG where he's giving us 11-12 PPG on 40%+ shooting, good defense and a bit of passing as a secondary playmaker, that would be a huge boost.

FastPP is just a player. Not sure how you make the minutes work but he's got to find 15+ MPG since his deep 3 spacing is so deadly and valuable for us.


he seems fine to me, but what about Timelord worries you? lack of explosion maybe??
President Of Nesmith's fan club and please excuse the soon to be 10,000 GDT typos coming your way!
playa-hater
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,972
And1: 5,128
Joined: Aug 29, 2020
 

Re: Post-Game Notes: BOS 102, ORL 103 (2-1) 

Post#11 » by playa-hater » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:19 pm

Infinite Llamas wrote:Nesmith looked like the best player on the court for many stretches this game. This is very good news. He is very aggressive and could be that third scorer we desperately need near Jaylen and Jayson. I think he compliments them really well too.


well I have already declared Nesmith is/will be, top 5 player for Boston this year. Happy you guys are seeing what I have been seeing.
President Of Nesmith's fan club and please excuse the soon to be 10,000 GDT typos coming your way!
playa-hater
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,972
And1: 5,128
Joined: Aug 29, 2020
 

Re: Post-Game Notes: BOS 102, ORL 103 (2-1) 

Post#12 » by playa-hater » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:21 pm

Joshyjess wrote:Posted this on the injury thread, but it's now being reported that Payton actually got his nose broken in the game, and he will at least miss the next preseason game Vs. Miami. Hopefully he'll recover quickly from this.


wow.. he is a tough kid so I am not worried. But damn, do we have any PGs for Friday?? this could get ugly.
President Of Nesmith's fan club and please excuse the soon to be 10,000 GDT typos coming your way!
Gomes3PC
General Manager
Posts: 7,536
And1: 3,517
Joined: Feb 10, 2006

Re: Post-Game Notes: BOS 102, ORL 103 (2-1) 

Post#13 » by Gomes3PC » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:23 pm

playa-hater wrote:
Gomes3PC wrote:Still a little worried about Timelord. Better outing last night than his first two contests but still don't feel he is impacting the game the way he did last year.

On the flip side, Nesmith continues to come into his own. I was really down on him last year so will need to eat crow if he keeps this up. He's shooting 56% from the field in preseason, 50% from 3 on good volume, and per-36 output of 24 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 3+ APG. If we can get 20 MPG where he's giving us 11-12 PPG on 40%+ shooting, good defense and a bit of passing as a secondary playmaker, that would be a huge boost.

FastPP is just a player. Not sure how you make the minutes work but he's got to find 15+ MPG since his deep 3 spacing is so deadly and valuable for us.


he seems fine to me, but what about Timelord worries you? lack of explosion maybe??

Yeah just seems like he's lacking a bit of the splash/wow plays, his rebound rate is lower and in general just seems a touch less active. May just be it's preseason but keeping an eye on it.
playa-hater
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,972
And1: 5,128
Joined: Aug 29, 2020
 

Re: Post-Game Notes: BOS 102, ORL 103 (2-1) 

Post#14 » by playa-hater » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:25 pm

Gomes3PC wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
Gomes3PC wrote:Still a little worried about Timelord. Better outing last night than his first two contests but still don't feel he is impacting the game the way he did last year.

On the flip side, Nesmith continues to come into his own. I was really down on him last year so will need to eat crow if he keeps this up. He's shooting 56% from the field in preseason, 50% from 3 on good volume, and per-36 output of 24 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 3+ APG. If we can get 20 MPG where he's giving us 11-12 PPG on 40%+ shooting, good defense and a bit of passing as a secondary playmaker, that would be a huge boost.

FastPP is just a player. Not sure how you make the minutes work but he's got to find 15+ MPG since his deep 3 spacing is so deadly and valuable for us.


he seems fine to me, but what about Timelord worries you? lack of explosion maybe??

Yeah just seems like he's lacking a bit of the splash/wow plays, his rebound rate is lower and in general just seems a touch less active. May just be it's preseason but keeping an eye on it.


perhaps he couldn't train/get in shape this summer because he was recovering from his injuries??
President Of Nesmith's fan club and please excuse the soon to be 10,000 GDT typos coming your way!
Infinite Llamas
Head Coach
Posts: 6,196
And1: 15,322
Joined: Jul 22, 2006
Location: Land of Llamas
   

Re: Post-Game Notes: BOS 102, ORL 103 (2-1) 

Post#15 » by Infinite Llamas » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:23 pm

I think Timelord is learning to pace himself and possibly be a little more control in the court. Doubt you see him diving in a preseason game. He knows his body and he has been injury prone so maybe he is just trying to figure out a new play style? We need him to be bouncy but we also need him on the court.
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
sam_I_am
RealGM
Posts: 13,697
And1: 5,478
Joined: Jul 10, 2004

Re: Post-Game Notes: BOS 102, ORL 103 (2-1) 

Post#16 » by sam_I_am » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:24 pm

A lot good posts.

I agree RW looks good defensively almost KG-lite (like circa 2013) on defensive end of court. (The fact that he is so good defensively and a lite version of the shell of KG just goes to show how great KG really was.). On offense, he isn’t playing above the rim. Is this intentional? Is it the extra weight? Is it his hip?

Hauser is the only 2 way candidate on SL who looks like he has the talent of a future NBA player so far. Nice size, nice shot, needs work.

I think Parker might stick around because the other candidates for 15th spot look so bad. Hoping Fernando makes team too.

Get Arci and Matthews out of here.

I haven’t seen enough of Murray yet to say.

Pinson looked good last night on offense and he is good enough to be in NBA, just not Boston.

Nesmith is a lot like a young Terrence Ross. Great talent and nice 3 pt shot but has no idea how to play basketball at this level yet. I still hold out hope he can emerge as a real player by year 3 like Terry Rozier and Avery Bradley once did.
User avatar
bisme37
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 8,696
And1: 23,746
Joined: May 24, 2014
 

Re: Post-Game Notes: BOS 102, ORL 103 (2-1) 

Post#17 » by bisme37 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:29 pm

I really enjoyed Aaron last night. He's becoming a really impressive all around player and is going to help this team a ton.

Return to Boston Celtics