ImageImageImage

OT: Meme stocks

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Celtic Esquire
General Manager
And1: 3,695

Re: OT: Meme stocks 

Post#121 » by Celtic Esquire » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:59 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:B) Uncle sam is gonna come for 40% of that profit as an FYI; just dont want to see you get surprised if your brokerage didnt auto-deduct taxes when you file your return at year end

I held it for less than a year so the tax bite is going to hurt, but just going to use the profit to pay for some of it.

Shorted AMC when it was $40.25 yesterday so already making some money on the short.

Is a downward rocket emoji that I can post? For luck? :lol:
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#122 » by jmr07019 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:07 pm

Crypto not meme stocks but Cade is taking his signing bonus in Bitcoin and has partnered with crypto bank blockfi. This on the heels of NFL #1 pick Trevor Lawrence did something similar. BULLISH. Hope you guys have been buying the last month or two.

Read on Twitter

Edit: turns out it is his blockfi signing bonus and not his nba signing bonus he is getting in crypto. So less bullish but still bullish. More and more athletes are rocking laser eyes on Twitter
Show Love Spread Love
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,562

Post#123 » by threrf23 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:19 am

Not meme stocks, but NFTs, and basketball. Free to mint rn (just gotta pay gas fees, which aren't ridiculous atm).

https://projectfives.com/

"fives is a randomized lineup of the best ballers in history - stored on-chain"

There are at least 8000 random 5-man lineups, made up of NBA greats, NBA greats from specific nights, and random dudes like Brian Scalabrine and Delonte West. Many of them have been minted already, but many are still available.

I think the idea is that a gamified ecosystem will be built around these lineups moving forward. Plus this NFT **** is crazy, so who knows these free NFTs could make you a few bucks or more.

For those with Metamask, minting should be pretty easy via the website. For those etherscan literate...

This is where you can check if a lineup ID has already been minted:

https://etherscan.io/token/0x017Ba9AC7916ebd646e7c11DD220c05c5b790224

(click the search icon)

This is where you can preview a lineup before you mint it:

https://etherscan.io/token/0x017ba9ac7916ebd646e7c11dd220c05c5b790224?a=2781#readContract

And this is where you can mint (i.e. "claim"):

https://etherscan.io/token/0x017Ba9AC7916ebd646e7c11DD220c05c5b790224#writeContract

This is the best of my small stack so far...

SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#124 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:08 am

Bill Bradley wrote:
Celtic Esquire wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Hi.

For people wondering how QAnon believers come to be, its instances like this. You read something you want to believe, see a cool looking youtube throwing out misleading information and you choose to believe that over objective facts. Its not that serious, but this squeeze narrative was never real.

Still very happy that I sold AMC when it was $61 a share. Got a nice 5 figure profit out of it and bought a Big Green Egg for summertime grilling and smoking!

All the AMC bros on reddit and discord are discouraged now and they are dogging AMC. Thinking about shorting it now to complete the cycle. :lol:

This story isn't over so I would save the victory lap until this plays out. There's always a big dip before the squeeze. I think what will happen is more of a controlled squeeze that will go well above what you sold for but we shall see. Those who you see dogging AMC are trolls paid by hedge funds who are shorting; more trolls actually means that it's closer to the squeeze.

But by all means, go ahead and short it ;)

Hi— please let me know when the squeeze is occurring. Alternatively, feel free to admit you had no idea what you were talking about— but anyone who’s worked in finance already knew this.

Consider this my [continued] victory lap :wizard:
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,728

Post#125 » by Jaqua92 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:36 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:
Celtic Esquire wrote:
Still very happy that I sold AMC when it was $61 a share. Got a nice 5 figure profit out of it and bought a Big Green Egg for summertime grilling and smoking!

All the AMC bros on reddit and discord are discouraged now and they are dogging AMC. Thinking about shorting it now to complete the cycle.

This story isn't over so I would save the victory lap until this plays out. There's always a big dip before the squeeze. I think what will happen is more of a controlled squeeze that will go well above what you sold for but we shall see. Those who you see dogging AMC are trolls paid by hedge funds who are shorting; more trolls actually means that it's closer to the squeeze.

Hi— please let me know when the squeeze is occurring. Alternatively, feel free to admit you had no idea what you were talking about— but anyone who’s worked in finance already knew this.

I have a few friends who fell for it.

All GME was, was a MASSIVELY orchestrated pump and dump. It was dumped, and people are holding out for something that isn't going to happen.

The GME nonsense is just pennystock day trading on a large scale. It's utter nonsense.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#126 » by Bill Bradley » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:28 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:
Celtic Esquire wrote:

All the AMC bros on reddit and discord are discouraged now and they are dogging AMC. Thinking about shorting it now to complete the cycle. :lol:

Not surprised you work for a hedge fund.

Squeeze hasn’t started yet but GME is getting hot again lately and the charts look good for AMC as well. The hedge funds been trying to short them to bankruptcy but they’re still up like 1000% on the year or whatever it is. It’s a waiting game still and apes are not going away. I have 1,000 shares and am about break even and I will hold them until either it squeezes or I die. Hedge funds have used every trick they can, 70%+ dark pool, naked shorting, running distraction stocks, manipulating financial media etc and they still can’t bring it down. Surprised you are claiming victory so prematurely.
Bill Bradley
RealGM

Post#127 » by Bill Bradley » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:31 am

Jaqua92 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:

All GME was, was a MASSIVELY orchestrated pump and dump. It was dumped, and people are holding out for something that isn't going to happen.

The GME nonsense is just pennystock day trading on a large scale. It's utter nonsense.

You know that the only reason GME didn’t go up into the thousands is because RobinHood and other brokers took away the buy button which caused a panic sell off, right? People should have gone to jail for such blatant corruption but they get away with murder. And it’s still over $200 a share and rising again.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#128 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:53 am

Bill Bradley wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:

Not surprised you work for a hedge fund.

Squeeze hasn’t started yet but GME is getting hot again lately and the charts look good for AMC as well. The hedge funds been trying to short them to bankruptcy but they’re still up like 1000% on the year or whatever it is. It’s a waiting game still and apes are not going away. I have 1,000 shares and am about break even and I will hold them until either it squeezes or I die. Hedge funds have used every trick they can, 70%+ dark pool, naked shorting, running distraction stocks, manipulating financial media etc and they still can’t bring it down. Surprised you are claiming victory so prematurely.

Did I say I work at a hedge fund? Nope. Quite the assumption your making.

You literally dont have the faintest idea of what youre taking about. The short interest is about 18.5%. You’ve created this gigantic conspiracy in your head that just doesnt exist.

- Hedge funds generally dont use dark pool trading due to their volume. Individual consumers trading on apps like Robinhood or using their Schwab account do.
- The banks people use to trade have charged a massive fee on naked shorts for meme stocks and its not financially worthwhile to do this anymore.
- Manipulating the media? LOL.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#129 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:06 am

Bill Bradley wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

You know that the only reason GME didn’t go up into the thousands is because RobinHood and other brokers took away the buy button which caused a panic sell off, right? People should have gone to jail for such blatant corruption but they get away with murder. And it’s still over $200 a share and rising again.

Robinhood and other retail brokers stopped trading GME because the DTCC demanded massive cash collateral amounts be posted due to the risk of the position. The brokerages didn’t have the cash on hand and had to commence in emergency fund raising to get the cash. As such, they could not trade the position. Many were called into congress to testify. Nothing happened for a reason far less nefarious than you think.

GME was short squeezed. Keith Gill smartly realized that short interest was well over 100% and the market squeezed the **** out of several firms. Me personally? Happy it happened— shorting in general is not something I’m a fan of and I’m happy people got caught with their hands in the cookie jar.
Bill Bradley
RealGM

Post#130 » by Bill Bradley » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:40 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:I have a few friends who fell for it.

Robinhood and other retail brokers stopped trading GME because the DTCC demanded massive cash collateral amounts be posted due to the risk of the position. The brokerages didn’t have the cash on hand and had to commence in emergency fund raising to get the cash. As such, they could not trade the position. Many were called into congress to testify. Nothing happened for a reason far less nefarious than you think.

GME was short squeezed. Keith Gill smartly realized that short interest was well over 100% and the market squeezed the **** out of several firms. Me personally? Happy it happened— shorting in general is not something I’m a fan of and I’m happy people got caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

Correction, they took away the buy button because they were getting margin called and allowed scared retail to sell off which is what happened and effectively killed the squeeze. It’s amazing to me that the SEC has done nothing about that.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#131 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:17 am

Bill Bradley wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:

Correction, they took away the buy button because they were getting margin called and allowed scared retail to sell off which is what happened and effectively killed the squeeze. It’s amazing to me that the SEC has done nothing about that.

Ok, I’ll play: what margin got called by who and why?

Spoiler:
The DTCC is an independent third party that settles every trade that occurs, allowing the equity to be registered in your name and you to actually own a portion of whatever company you transact in. Transactions are settled on a ‘deliver vs payment’ method, when the shares are exchanged between parties simultaneously against cash.

In order to function and alleviate their own risk in this process (i.e. make sure theyre not stuck with volatile shares that dropped precipitously if payment failed), they demanded cash as collateral from brokerages. Robinhood [and others] did not have the cash and the clearing agent largely shut them off.

The SEC hasnt done anything because nothing illegal or nefarious occurred.
Bill Bradley
RealGM

Post#132 » by Bill Bradley » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:54 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Spoiler:
The DTCC is an independent third party that settles every trade that occurs, allowing the equity to be registered in your name and you to actually own a portion of whatever company you transact in. Transactions are settled on a ‘deliver vs payment’ method, when the shares are exchanged between parties simultaneously against cash.

In order to function and alleviate their own risk in this process (i.e. make sure theyre not stuck with volatile shares that dropped precipitously if payment failed), they demanded cash as collateral from brokerages. Robinhood [and others] did not have the cash and the clearing agent largely shut them off.

Once again you are speaking on stuff you haven’t followed. Ken Griffin/Citadel recently tweeted about this because messages came to light that citadel and Robinhood were communicating with each other just before the buy button was taken away. Citadel tweeted Robinhood had been margin called.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#133 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:46 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:

Spoiler:

Once again you are speaking on stuff you haven’t followed. Ken Griffin/Citadel recently tweeted about this because messages came to light that citadel and Robinhood were communicating with each other just before the buy button was taken away. Citadel tweeted Robinhood had been margin called.

No, I’ve followed it quite closely. Like tens to hundreds of hours closely. You just read Reddit and watched some youtubes with terms you dont understand. Its why I keep going— you obviously have no idea what your speaking on and its very amusing to me.

Robinhood turned to Citadel first as an emergency source of liquidity so they could provide the requested cash collateral as quickly as possible to minimize the business disruption. Citadel couldnt give them the full amount so Robinhood turned elsewhere to raise funds. They ultimately sold equity in their company at a large discount to raise the funds in an expeditious manner.

Citadel runs Robinhoods dark pool and made fistfuls of money front running all of the trades [again, read Flash Boys by Michael Lewis or look up stuff from Brad Katsuyama for details on what Citadel is doing]. They were not happy with the business disruption at all.

There was no margin call, which is an entirely separate financial mechanism.
Bill Bradley
RealGM

Post#134 » by Bill Bradley » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:58 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Spoiler:

No, I’ve followed it quite closely. Like tens to hundreds of hours closely. You just read Reddit and watched some youtubes with terms you dont understand. Its why I keep going— you obviously have no idea what your speaking on and its very amusing to me.

Robinhood turned to Citadel first as an emergency source of liquidity so they could provide the requested cash collateral as quickly as possible to minimum the business disruption. Citadel couldnt give them the full amount so Robinhood turned elsewhere to raise funds. They ultimately sold equity in their company at a large discount to raise the funds in an expeditious manner.

Citadel runs Robinhoods dark pool and made fistfuls of money front running all of the trades [again, read Flash Boys by Michael Lewis or look up stuff from Brad Katsuyama for details on what Citadel is doing]. They were not happy with the business disruption at all.

I don’t know how to upload images here but Citadel recently tweeted that RH was margin called. They were also sued because of all of this and that’s why some of these communications are being made public.

https://franknez.com/ken-griffin-lied-about-robinhood-communication-during-halts/
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#135 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:07 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:

Robinhood turned to Citadel first as an emergency source of liquidity so they could provide the requested cash collateral as quickly as possible to minimum the business disruption. Citadel couldnt give them the full amount so Robinhood turned elsewhere to raise funds. They ultimately sold equity in their company at a large discount to raise the funds in an expeditious manner.

I don’t know how to upload images here but Citadel recently tweeted that RH was margin called. They were also sued because of all of this and that’s why some of these communications are being made public.

https://franknez.com/ken-griffin-lied-about-robinhood-communication-during-halts/

You mean this tweet:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Which reference these articles:

https://fortune.com/2021/02/02/robinhood-gamestop-restricted-trading-meme-stocks-gme-amc-vlad-tenev-nscc/

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/gamestop-amc-trading-is-now-being-restricted-at-td-ameritrade-11611769804

Which state exactly what I’ve explained to you in my posts above?
Bill Bradley
RealGM

Post#136 » by Bill Bradley » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:25 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

You mean this tweet:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

https://fortune.com/2021/02/02/robinhood-gamestop-restricted-trading-meme-stocks-gme-amc-vlad-tenev-nscc/

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/gamestop-amc-trading-is-now-being-restricted-at-td-ameritrade-11611769804

You said there was no margin call before. Now you’re saying there was one?
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#137 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:29 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:

You mean this tweet:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I said that the DTCC called in massive amounts of cash collateral which resulted in disrupted trading. You said ‘Correction: there was actually a margin call’

You tell me which one of us is right.
Bill Bradley
RealGM

Post#138 » by Bill Bradley » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:36 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:

You mean this tweet:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Regardless, we will see who’s right eventually. Either AMC and GME go back to $5 or they will rise further. Right now the battle is still going on so claiming one side won or lost is premature. The shorts still haven’t covered and they want to drive the price back down but haven’t succeeded and they spend loads every day to keep the price down. Neither one of us know how much naked shorting has happened and how many shorted shares will need to be covered but we will see who’s right.

Given your smug and condescending attitude, I imagine you’re at some low level position for these POS institutions who use dirty and illegal tactics to steal money from regular people. These dirty actors are being exposed more each day and I look forward to the day when it all burns down. I am doing my part to help that effort, and if I lose my money in the process it will have been worth it.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#139 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:43 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
You mean this tweet:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Regardless, we will see who’s right eventually. Either AMC and GME go back to $5 or they will rise further. Right now the battle is still going on so claiming one side won or lost is premature. The shorts still haven’t covered and they want to drive the price back down but haven’t succeeded and they spend loads every day to keep the price down. Neither one of us know how much naked shorting has happened and how many shorted shares will need to be covered but we will see who’s right.

Given your smug and condescending attitude, I imagine you’re at some low level position for these POS institutions who use dirty and illegal tactics to steal money from regular people. These dirty actors are being exposed more each day and I look forward to the day when it all burns down. I am doing my part to help that effort, and if I lose my money in the process it will have been worth it.

I have no idea where either position will end up. Theyre meme stocks now and not following traditional market expectations. All I know is that any subsequent appreciation is not due to a short squeeze— funds are still scared from January and the large banks risk departments wont sign off on any shorts unless theyre excessively collateralized which took away any upside for the funds.

The only smug one here is you— you think you have me pegged but you don’t at all. Figures though, you are the embodiment of the Dunning Kruger effect and have created massive conspiracy’s and delusions of grandeur where you can save the day. Enjoy your life.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,728

Post#140 » by Jaqua92 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:13 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:

Spoiler:

And you are just echoing what you have read on WSB.

Return to Boston Celtics