ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston, Xavier Tillman! – (Agrees on 2yr Contract w/Celtics)

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Froob, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts

zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 97,391

Re: Welcome to Boston, Xavier Tillman! 

Post#121 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:46 am

Read on Twitter
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#122 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:13 am

Read on Twitter
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#123 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:53 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,842

Post#124 » by GoCeltics123 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:10 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Tillman was doubtful in his last game in Memphis, they probably let it rest a game or two
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#125 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:23 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Tillman was doubtful in his last game in Memphis, they probably let it rest a game or two

No need to rush. If it were up to me, I'd let him play post-ASB. Let the knee fully heal (or as much as possible with rest) and get some practices in first. We still have Kornet and Queta to fill in that 3rd big role in the meantime.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#126 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:08 pm

zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#127 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Feb 9, 2024 10:39 pm

Read on Twitter
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 20,368

Post#128 » by playa-hater » Fri Feb 9, 2024 10:56 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

I actually hate this "insurance" reference. Like if either Kornet plays more than X or X only plays with injuries. Not on all but almost All matchups I have X-man > Kornet.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#129 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Feb 9, 2024 11:35 pm

playa-hater wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

I actually hate this "insurance" reference. Like if either Kornet plays more than X or X only plays with injuries. Not on all but almost All matchups I have X-man > Kornet.

To me, it implies he's insurance if one of Al/KP goes down/misses a game. But don't be surprised if Joe still picks Kornet over him rest of February (acclimating, injury recovery, etc.). I expect him (and not Kornet) to be part of the double big rotation for the playoffs though which is more important.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#130 » by playa-hater » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:34 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

To me, it implies he's insurance if one of Al/KP goes down/misses a game. But don't be surprised if Joe still picks Kornet over him rest of February (acclimating, injury recovery, etc.). I expect him (and not Kornet) to be part of the double big rotation for the playoffs though which is more important.

There is no way I am playing x and cornet in a double big lineup together in the playoffs.. Whatever we can discuss that in three months..
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#131 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:39 am

playa-hater wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

There is no way I am playing x and cornet in a double big lineup together in the playoffs.. Whatever we can discuss that in three months..

Read it again.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#132 » by playa-hater » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:43 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:To me, it implies he's insurance if one of Al/KP goes down/misses a game. But don't be surprised if Joe still picks Kornet over him rest of February (acclimating, injury recovery, etc.). I expect him (and not Kornet) to be part of the double big rotation for the playoffs though which is more important.

Read it again.

My bad :oops:
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#133 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:15 am

I'm getting irrationally excited about the prospect of Tillman helping a bit in the playoffs. Could be a sneaky trade deadline pickup by Brad. On the surface, you would think of him as merely a backup big on a lottery team. But since Grizzlies have been ravaged by injuries (not just this season), X has spent over 40% of his career starting for Memphis and most of his playoff minutes are as a starter too. KP is irreplaceable but if he randomly misses a game or two in the postseason, Horford can start and I'm confident Tillman as the main backup big will fit in snugly.

Cs need to catch him up quickly both sides of the ball as he recovers from his knee injury so he can get reps post-ASB.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 12,887

Post#134 » by Fierce1 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:16 am

Steal of the trade deadline.
steefP2
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,726

Post#135 » by steefP2 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:21 am

Im irrationally excited about Tillman. I think he's actually a playoff viable big for 10-20 min a night depending on the matchup. Should work well vs any of Randle, Embiid, Giannis, kawhi, lebron, jokic, Towns etc. Offensively he needs to bounce back a bit but the better context will help a ton. He has decent passing chops and is not totally dead as a shooter. Im not expecting this in the short term but with the tutelage of Horford, there's at least a 5-10% chance he could provide 75-80% of what horford does in a year or 2. He's pretty decent flier to replace that skillset long term even if he wont ever reach horford's heights of course. Defensively he could get pretty close, the difference will always be on offense but I can see him improving enough to be at least positive on that end in a variety of ways.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 12,060

Post#136 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:41 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:I'm getting irrationally excited about the prospect of Tillman helping a bit in the playoffs. Could be a sneaky trade deadline pickup by Brad. On the surface, you would think of him as merely a backup big on a lottery team. But since Grizzlies have been ravaged by injuries (not just this season), X has spent over 40% of his career starting for Memphis and most of his playoff minutes are as a starter too. KP is irreplaceable but if he randomly misses a game or two in the postseason, Horford can start and I'm confident Tillman as the main backup big will fit in snugly.

Cs need to catch him up quickly both sides of the ball as he recovers from his knee injury so he can get reps post-ASB.

Bro's sadly pretty much a worse version of Theis.. Undersized, but can't shoot, not a great rebounder and not as mobile(can't shoot the 3 point either).... Oh, well, let's see.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
big-shot-ROB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,663

Post#137 » by big-shot-ROB » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:24 pm

So we're going to overanalyze and overrate our 3rd stringers the same we did in the off-season with the likes or Brisset, Stevens, Svi, Banton, etc?
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 12,887

Post#138 » by Fierce1 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:26 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:I'm getting irrationally excited about the prospect of Tillman helping a bit in the playoffs. Could be a sneaky trade deadline pickup by Brad. On the surface, you would think of him as merely a backup big on a lottery team. But since Grizzlies have been ravaged by injuries (not just this season), X has spent over 40% of his career starting for Memphis and most of his playoff minutes are as a starter too. KP is irreplaceable but if he randomly misses a game or two in the postseason, Horford can start and I'm confident Tillman as the main backup big will fit in snugly.

Bro's sadly pretty much a worse version of Theis.. Undersized, but can't shoot, not a great rebounder and not as mobile(can't shoot the 3 point either).... Oh, well, let's see.

Theis can't guard bigs like Anthony Davis.

X may be undersized when it comes to height, but he's a big body who does not get pushed around in the paint.

He can also switch on smaller players and not get beat.

Those who watched X against AD and the Lakers in the 1st round last season will not come to the conclusion that X is similar to Theis.

A 90s comparison would be Anthony Mason, but not as good on offense.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#139 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:48 pm

Read on Twitter
31to6
RealGM
And1: 29,058

Post#140 » by 31to6 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:56 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:So we're going to overanalyze and overrate our 3rd stringers the same we did in the off-season with the likes or Brisset, Stevens, Svi, Banton, etc?

of course we are going to do that
This is the RealGM Boston Celtics board!
it's a lifestyle
now silence please so I can watch these TILLMAN VS ZUBAC highlights another fanatic posted :wink:
Paul Pierce appreciation society.

Return to Boston Celtics