ImageImageImage

Celtics General Thread 2019-20, "Re-Start"

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Re: Celtics General Regular Season Thread 2019-20, "Re-Start" 

Post#1401 » by themoneyteam2 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:17 pm

Read on Twitter

Throwback
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,193

Post#1402 » by Darth Celtic » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:29 pm

ajones9219 wrote:
Read on Twitter

the first time Lebron goes diving for a loose ball and goes face first through an LED screen, will be interesting.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,245

Post#1403 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:12 pm

In honor of the three games we have to make up for if we want the 2nd seed, here are three games we probably most definitely should've won:
• @SAC - We were up 1 with 14 seconds left when Smart grabbed an offensive rebound. We could've run out the clock or waited to be fouled for FTs. He missed a putback and fouled on a loose ball. SAC sealed the win with 2 FTs.
• vs. BKN - We were up 5 with 10 seconds left, up 3 with a second left. Nets sent it into overtime when we fouled them on a three attempt. They ended up winning by 9. LeVert scored 10,000 points.
• vs. OKC - We were up 1 with 13 seconds left, with the ball, with a timeout. Schroder stole the ball after Kemba was trapped in the backcourt and scored on a layup.

Those three losses hurt.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#1404 » by 3D Chess » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:48 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:In honor of the three games we have to make up for if we want the 2nd seed, here are three games we probably most definitely should've won:
• @SAC - We were up 1 with 14 seconds left when Smart grabbed an offensive rebound. We could've run out the clock or waited to be fouled for FTs. He missed a putback and fouled on a loose ball. SAC sealed the win with 2 FTs.
• vs. BKN - We were up 5 with 10 seconds left, up 3 with a second left. Nets sent it into overtime when we fouled them on a three attempt. They ended up winning by 9. LeVert scored 10,000 points.
• vs. OKC - We were up 1 with 13 seconds left, with the ball, with a timeout. Schroder stole the ball after Kemba was trapped in the backcourt and scored on a layup.

Those three losses hurt.

SLCceltic
Analyst
And1: 1,844

Post#1405 » by SLCceltic » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:40 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
SLCceltic wrote:
exculpatory wrote:
DT should be in that pic - he will be an essential contributor.

beat me to it, Theis absoluto belongs in that pic ! Just think about how excited we would be for DT if we didn't have so many other promising young players blossoming, players with more traditional size ...

Theis is an all around beast that does everything .... undersized ?? he is Ben Wallace's size
only year 3, elite 1-5 defense and knocks down 3s !! DT has to be the most underrated player in NBA ...

Theis is definitely part of the Celtics Core.
This photo is of the 5 Celtics, initially named to the next USA Team Basketball pool.

Fair enough Germany can feature him better !
ROYALGREEN
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#1406 » by themoneyteam2 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:39 am

Read on Twitter

Great listen. Here are a few notes:

- By far best team chemistry in his 9 yrs in league
- Smart and Westbrook are two best leaders he's had in his career
- Says rookies don't back down and talk trash. Says typically on a contender rookies are tentative but not these ones
- Carsen and Romeo specifically are dominating in practice, as is the whole 2nd unit
- Tatum and Hayward are two of the most vocal leaders, even though we wouldn't believe that lol
- Middle of meeting, Kemba said "We have something special. Let's go out and compete and win this championship. Show everyone we can do it".. Kanter said it fired up the whole team
- Everyone taking practice serious and at game speed to prepare for the playoffs
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 55,010

Post#1407 » by Parliament10 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:36 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,692

Post#1408 » by Tyakack » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:51 am

Is it just me or is there alot of talk about winning the championship lately from our guys? Were they this vocal about it before the break? Maybe they were I can't remember.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,947

Post#1409 » by Triple7 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:08 am

It would have been nice if Tacko Fall was given regular rotation minutes before the lock down. Him and R.Will could be the rim protection we need in certain matchups. Especially against Giannis and Embiid. Plus that length would really bother attacking guards and forwards, and would literally change their shots inside. I hope they get minutes before the playoffs start.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 26,241

Post#1410 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:41 am

Triple7 wrote:It would have been nice if Tacko Fall was given regular rotation minutes before the lock down. Him and R.Will could be the rim protection we need in certain matchups. Especially against Giannis and Embiid. Plus that length would really bother attacking guards and forwards, and would literally change their shots inside. I hope they get minutes before the playoffs start.

I like the idea of Tacko playing aganst Philly. They could still be decent on offense against him playing 5-out -- but only if the bigs were Embiid and Horford, and at this stage of their careers I like the idea of one of those guys having to guard Tacko in the post while the other has to chase Tatum around.

Well, I like that up to a point. I'd like it a lot better if I thought Tacko were already an interior screen-setter with 70% of Theis' timing.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Elrod is Back
Starter
And1: 2,241

Post#1411 » by Elrod is Back » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:49 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:
Triple7 wrote:It would have been nice if Tacko Fall was given regular rotation minutes before the lock down. Him and R.Will could be the rim protection we need in certain matchups. Especially against Giannis and Embiid. Plus that length would really bother attacking guards and forwards, and would literally change their shots inside. I hope they get minutes before the playoffs start.

I like the idea of Tacko playing aganst Philly. They could still be decent on offense against him playing 5-out -- but only if the bigs were Embiid and Horford, and at this stage of their careers I like the idea of one of those guys having to guard Tacko in the post while the other has to chase Tatum around.

Well, I like that up to a point. I'd like it a lot better if I thought Tacko were already an interior screen-setter with 70% of Theis' timing.

Tacko's time is next year, or the year after, at the earliest. I am optimistic he will have a long career, but I can't see him playing or contributing this season. Poirier might get on the floor before him.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#1412 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:54 pm

I don't know if it will hold true in the playoffs but in the regular season, Kanter was our best big against Embiid and Timelord was our best big in our win against the Bucks.

Hoping the refs give Theis a break in the postseason with those silly calls. With all the other **** our world is dealing with, I bet they've forgotten that Daniel slept with all of their wives.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 22,106

Post#1413 » by Curmudgeon » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:06 pm

Embid doesn't like running up and down, and neither does Horford. So run, run run against that team.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#1414 » by SmartWentCrazy » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:17 pm

John Hollinger had Tatum making both second team all-defense and second team all-NBA.

With LeBron able to be classified as a guard and AD able to be a Center, I think Tatum has a really good shot at making the second team. Crazy. Excited that we should be able to offer him his supermax this offseason.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#1415 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:21 pm

Read on Twitter
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,947

Post#1416 » by Triple7 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:55 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:I don't know if it will hold true in the playoffs but in the regular season, Kanter was our best big against Embiid and Timelord was our best big in our win against the Bucks.

Hoping the refs give Theis a break in the postseason with those silly calls. With all the other **** our world is dealing with, I bet they've forgotten that Daniel slept with all of their wives.

I agree. Even against the Lakers, Kanter played great against their bigs. Theis is just too little to play against embiid and giannis. We should play big against them, or else Giannis or embiid would just get all the rebounds and put backs, even their own misses.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#1417 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:08 pm

Triple7 wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:I don't know if it will hold true in the playoffs but in the regular season, Kanter was our best big against Embiid and Timelord was our best big in our win against the Bucks.

I agree. Even against the Lakers, Kanter played great against their bigs. Theis is just too little to play against embiid and giannis. We should play big against them, or else Giannis or embiid would just get all the rebounds and put backs, even their own misses.

I would play Kanter minimally against the Bucks, who are great at moving the ball around the perimeter and have all their bigs shoot threes. Enes just can't come out to challenge shooters at all. R.Williams is at least more mobile and can even switch onto smalls if need be. As long as we're disciplined in staying in front of Giannis, not fouling too much, and sending appropriate, timely help, we won't be owned inside the paint. Semi was GREAT during our run vs. Giannis and the Bucks early this season. Not even exaggerating. That's the only team I'm confident we can play him heavier minutes than usual lol. Grant was poop vs. both the Bucks and Clippers (Harrell owned him).
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#1418 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:14 pm

Read on Twitter
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,469

Post#1419 » by Feed Your Head » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:29 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:John Hollinger had Tatum making both second team all-defense and second team all-NBA.

With LeBron able to be classified as a guard and AD able to be a Center, I think Tatum has a really good shot at making the second team. Crazy. Excited that we should be able to offer him his supermax this offseason.

I’m guessing he makes second team, which reminds me of how funny it was early in the year when half of this board was blasting him.

Also, I said it the other day and need to again, look at the size that this dude is becoming. He’s not going to have much trouble finishing through contact lol.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,840

Post#1420 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:18 pm

I hope Tatum makes an All-NBA team so we can get that extra year on his contract, plus he gets more money.

Return to Boston Celtics