ImageImageImage

Around the NBA (4.0) *Non-Celtics Talk*

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Iguodaladon
Pro Prospect
And1: 954

Re: Around the NBA (4.0) *Non-Celtics Talk* 

Post#161 » by Iguodaladon » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:47 pm

DeRozen might be gone, but there's still 1 Choke Brother left in Toronto. Lowry with 0 points in game 1 :lol:
Obama to Zach Lavine: ‘I used to be able to get up like you back in the day.’
Jaren Jackson Jr on Doncic: 'I thought he was a myth'
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,778

Post#162 » by Shak_Celts » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:20 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:I am **** sick and tired of hearing about how the 76ers have the best starting lineup in the NBA and that they have 4 top 30 players. If either of those statements were true, they wouldve rolled the Nets with or without a healthy Embiid.

way too early to be gloating.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,744

Post#163 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:37 pm

Iguodaladon wrote:DeRozen might be gone, but there's still 1 Choke Brother left in Toronto. Lowry with 0 points in game 1 :lol:

DD with a nice 18/12/6 stat line yesterday in a win. Lowry was always lead choke brother imo.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
Iguodaladon
Pro Prospect
And1: 954

Post#164 » by Iguodaladon » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:25 pm

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
Iguodaladon wrote:DeRozen might be gone, but there's still 1 Choke Brother left in Toronto. Lowry with 0 points in game 1 :lol:

DD with a nice 18/12/6 stat line yesterday in a win. Lowry was always lead choke brother imo.

They both had some real shockers in the playoffs, but maybe Pop has purged DD of his demons :lol:
Obama to Zach Lavine: ‘I used to be able to get up like you back in the day.’
Jaren Jackson Jr on Doncic: 'I thought he was a myth'
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#165 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:22 pm

Shak_Celts wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:I am **** sick and tired of hearing about how the 76ers have the best starting lineup in the NBA and that they have 4 top 30 players. If either of those statements were true, they wouldve rolled the Nets with or without a healthy Embiid.

Not gloating, just sick and tired of seeing every nba writer claim their lineup is Warriors-level. Its not. It wasnt before that game and it sure as **** isnt after.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,469

Post#166 » by Feed Your Head » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:26 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:

Not gloating, just sick and tired of seeing every nba writer claim their lineup is Warriors-level. Its not. It wasnt before that game and it sure as **** isnt after.

Too flawed and poor fit. Simmons is a destroyer of offensive flow.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#167 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:38 pm

The Comedian wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:

Simmons needs to play in a system like the Bucks. A post big and iso-heavy/reluctant catch-n-shoot wing are just terrible fits.
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#168 » by Roddy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:56 pm

Magic should never run another Franchise...EVER !

Read on Twitter
Valid
RealGM
And1: 12,656

Post#169 » by Valid » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:23 pm

The Comedian wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:

I remember last year, some people here seriously thought Simmons was better than Giannis. Good times.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,469

Post#170 » by Feed Your Head » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:58 pm

Valid wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

I remember last year, some people here seriously thought Simmons was better than Giannis. Good times.

I'm much lower on Simmons than most, but i just don't see it with him. A good team/coach can basically negate him, and I agree with SWC that the fit isnt good, but i think it's also a Simmons issue.

This isn't a Giannis situation, younger Giannis could occasionally make shots from outside the paint and would take a few a game. Ben isn't even a threat to take one, nevermind make one. It's two full seasons into his career, and he has showed ZERO progress with that. He is a monster in transition and a legitimate awesome defender, but I really don't see a crazy high ceiling.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 9,120

Post#171 » by sam_I_am » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:07 pm

Simmons is an amazing talent but I can’t see how he was near unanimous choice of all GMs for player they want to build around out of sophomore class. Mitchell is so much better. I would take Tatum for sure. Isaac isn’t there yet but I think I’d rather him than Simmons too. I wouldn’t be shocked if Fox is more highly regarded 5 years from now either.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,240

Post#172 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:24 pm

The Comedian wrote:
Valid wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

I'm much lower on Simmons than most, but i just don't see it with him. A good team/coach can basically negate him, and I agree with SWC that the fit isnt good, but i think it's also a Simmons issue.

This isn't a Giannis situation, younger Giannis could occasionally make shots from outside the paint and would take a few a game. Ben isn't even a threat to take one, nevermind make one. It's two full seasons into his career, and he has showed ZERO progress with that. He is a monster in transition and a legitimate awesome defender, but I really don't see a crazy high ceiling.

You guys will eat your words when in Year 16, Simmons develops a reliable 18-foot jumper.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#173 » by jmr07019 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:39 pm

To be fair to Ben.... he’s just a rookie.
Show Love Spread Love
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,778

Post#174 » by Shak_Celts » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:03 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:

Ehh, media gon media, gotta ignore them. I feel you on it but not about what one game tells you.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
thelarrybirdx
Starter
And1: 1,962

Post#175 » by thelarrybirdx » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:08 pm

Milwaukee basically getting a first round bye. They’ll be plenty rested when we face them
DoubleHappiness
Analyst
And1: 3,248

Post#176 » by DoubleHappiness » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:16 pm

Fiserv is looouuuuddddddd.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,287

Post#177 » by celticfan42487 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:20 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Simmons needs to play in a system like the Bucks. A post big and iso-heavy/reluctant catch-n-shoot wing are just terrible fits.

Exactly.

That said the 76ers have a ton of talent on their team. They have 3 legit all-star potential starting level players, and one bench worthy all-star player. The statment that they have the most talented starting 5 after the Warriors is legit.

They were just built like the Lakers, without an understanding that low post doesnt matter, playmaking doesn't matter...if you don't have the shooting.

If Simmons and Embiid checked their egos at the door. Embiid would play like Al Horford for the team and exclusively shoot 3s on offense and facilitate others.

Simmons would have the entire offense built around him because he's useless otherwise

And with 2 minutes left to go in a game, or in a must score situation... Simmons would be on the bench because his floor spacing hurts an ISO from a go to bucket guy such as Butler.

If Stevens had Butler on the Celtics team right now, we'd be heading to the Finals, guaranteed. The 76ers roster construction just has two players that are flawed and not modern NBA players in their construction. And a lack of understanding roster wise that in order to do that you MUST only have one, and you have to build your entire team around them to make up for it.

It's not that hard, you can either sit and wait for Embiid to develop a head and take a huge step back, or you can wait for Simmons to develop a 3 point shot. Otherwise, trade one of those **** for a fellow all-star level player that actual fits the rest of the pieces on your roster and watch your fourtunes rise.

And there's a zillion teams that would trade for either of them as they're young and in team control for a long time and they are elite at their positions. Just held back by playing with each other.

I doubt the Blazers would turn down the chance for a Dame for Simmons trade, or McCollum (whichever they believe in least). Because Simmons is one of the best defenders in the NBA, and he will spend all night getting wide open 3s for Dame or McCollum. And either one of those players would compliment Embiid perfectly when he plays teams that stupidly double him, or just get destroyed by Embiid.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,240

Post#178 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:22 pm

thelarrybirdx wrote:Milwaukee basically getting a first round bye. They’ll be plenty rested when we face them

They're earned it all season.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
thelarrybirdx
Starter
And1: 1,962

Post#179 » by thelarrybirdx » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:32 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
thelarrybirdx wrote:Milwaukee basically getting a first round bye. They’ll be plenty rested when we face them

They're earned it all season.

I'm not discrediting them whatsoever lol. I'm saying how pathetic the Pistons are.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,943

Post#180 » by bucknersrevenge » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:06 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Actually I don't like the Bucks system for him because he doesn't have the instincts to run it. The Golden State system makes more sense with him fitting the Draymond role. He should not be a primary distributor but running PnR with him and giving him the opportunity to make quick decisions within 15 ft of the rim would make him more effective and more dangerous.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured

Return to Boston Celtics