ImageImageImage

CAN the Celtics be Fixed this year?

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 19,427

Re: FIX the Celtics thread. 

Post#161 » by playa-hater » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:21 am

I wonder if Boston could get C Wood for 2 protected 1sts. Or even better, Theis + two 1sts for C Wood and Tucker..
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
SMTBSI
RealGM
And1: 25,281

Post#162 » by SMTBSI » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:27 am

playa-hater wrote:posse of Apologists
playa-hater wrote:disciples of his followers
playa-hater wrote:Blind sheep
playa-hater wrote:blind/loyal, optimistic, apologist
playa-hater wrote:If you are foolish enough
playa-hater wrote:You really are good or annoying more like it
playa-hater wrote:you are one of the Stevens' "apologists"

I get that you're having fun keeping your own personal thread at the top of the forum where you can do battle with all comers.

But it's about time for this thread to die, imo.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#163 » by playa-hater » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:28 am

Even better. 2 expiring in Theis and Semi + 2 firsts for C Wood, Tucker and House.

Bench plus Bigs improved nicely. House + C Wood with 2 nd 3 years left with cheap, contracts.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#164 » by playa-hater » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:33 am

SMTBSI wrote:

I get that you're having fun keeping your own personal thread at the top of the forum where you can do battle with all comers.

THIS is a JOKE right?? My thread was bumped up by good ole Ernest. I replied. Then bumped up with comments and questions by multiple posters for me, which I responded.

Secondly, who are you to say which thread should live or die? be read or not. You can simple read it or ignore it. It really is that simple.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#165 » by playa-hater » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:37 am

playa-hater wrote:
SMTBSI wrote:

THIS is a JOKE right?? My thread was bumped up by good ole Ernest. I replied. Then bumped up with comments and questions by multiple posters for me, which I responded.

Secondly, who are you to say which thread should live or die? be read or not. You can simple read it or ignore it. It really is that simple.

PS - Also posted in 4 threads today. Only one mine.
SMTBSI
RealGM

Post#166 » by SMTBSI » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:40 am

playa-hater wrote:THIS is a JOKE right?? My thread was bumped up by good ole Ernest. I replied. Then bumped up with comments and questions by multiple posters for me, which I responded.

Sigh.

By the way, your schtick of telling other posters what they think and what you know about them based on their disagreements with you ("You're happy with mediocrity" etc.) is getting really old. Some of us disagree with you because we're even more ambitious, and even more risk-tolerant than you. I'll let you think about how that could be for a little bit, before I explain further.

And I will always call out the kind of disparaging speech you employ so frequently. That's completely apart from any of my other complaints.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#167 » by playa-hater » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:53 am

SMTBSI wrote:
playa-hater wrote:THIS is a JOKE right?? My thread was bumped up by good ole Ernest. I replied. Then bumped up with comments and questions by multiple posters for me, which I responded.

Sigh.

By the way, your schtick of telling other posters what they think and what you know about them based on their disagreements with you ("You're happy with mediocrity" etc.) is getting really old. Some of us disagree with you because we're even more ambitious, and even more risk-tolerant than you. I'll let you think about how that could be for a little bit, before I explain further.

And I will always call out the kind of disparaging speech you employ so frequently. That's completely apart from any of my other complaints.

Sigh.

I guess I am guilty of bumping this thread as well. Though not mine.

2020 NBA Draft Thread, Part 3 -- (8PM, Wed, Nov. 18, ESPN)
Post#1 » by Parliament10 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:56 pm

Wall of Shame

playa-hater (183)
JHTruth (124)
SmartWentCrazy (115)
Spin Move (110)
themoneyteam2 (103)
31to6 (81)
100proof (72)
captain green (71)
Bleeding Green (64)
BostonCouchGM (57)
ConstableGeneva (57)
threrf23 (56)
Squigglepuffin (49)
djFan71 (48)
Homerclease (37)
Celts17Pride (32)
leper-con (29)
winsomme2 (29)
Curmudgeon (29)
snowman (28)
SMTBSI
RealGM

Post#168 » by SMTBSI » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:01 am

playa-hater wrote:
SMTBSI wrote:
Spoiler:

Sigh.

Sigh.

Wall of Shame

playa-hater (183)
JHTruth (124)
SmartWentCrazy (115)
Spin Move (110)
themoneyteam2 (103)
31to6 (81)
100proof (72)
captain green (71)
Bleeding Green (64)
BostonCouchGM (57)
ConstableGeneva (57)
threrf23 (56)
Squigglepuffin (49)
djFan71 (48)
Homerclease (37)
Celts17Pride (32)
leper-con (29)
winsomme2 (29)
Curmudgeon (29)
snowman (28)

Fully aware that you're fixating on this one thing to dodge my other comments, but what the heck.

Percentage of all posts in that thread made by you: 183 / 1982 = 9.2%
Percentage of all posts in this thread made by you: 45 / 166 = 27.1%

Now that that's settled, would you like to talk some about your disparaging style of argumentation, and the way you constantly put words in other's mouths?
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#169 » by playa-hater » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:53 am

SMTBSI wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
SMTBSI wrote:
Spoiler:
Sigh.

Sigh.

Wall of Shame

playa-hater (183)
JHTruth (124)
SmartWentCrazy (115)
Spin Move (110)
themoneyteam2 (103)
31to6 (81)
100proof (72)
captain green (71)
Bleeding Green (64)
BostonCouchGM (57)
ConstableGeneva (57)
threrf23 (56)
Squigglepuffin (49)
djFan71 (48)
Homerclease (37)
Celts17Pride (32)
leper-con (29)
winsomme2 (29)
Curmudgeon (29)
snowman (28)

Fully aware that you're fixating on this one thing to dodge my other comments, but what the heck.

Now that that's settled, would you like to talk some about your disparaging style of argumentation, and the way you constantly put words in other's mouths?

Unbelievable. I just made a lengthy response, quoting many disparaging remarks against me. In which I made some disparaging remarks in return, including your "this thread should die" and my Phone dies..

I am not looking to rewrite the many quotes again. It's all in here. Meanwhile IF PARL or another MOD wishes to close this thread, then so be it. Otherwise I will continue as long as others respond.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#170 » by playa-hater » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:56 am

Should like to add however, I have made close to 1200 posts in about 6 months. and ONLY 1 thread. For what it's worth.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,426

Post#171 » by SuperDeluxe » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:16 am

playa-hater wrote:
Spoiler:
SMTBSI wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
Sigh.

Wall of Shame

playa-hater (183)
JHTruth (124)
SmartWentCrazy (115)
Spin Move (110)
themoneyteam2 (103)
31to6 (81)
100proof (72)
captain green (71)
Bleeding Green (64)
BostonCouchGM (57)
ConstableGeneva (57)
threrf23 (56)
Squigglepuffin (49)
djFan71 (48)
Homerclease (37)
Celts17Pride (32)
leper-con (29)
winsomme2 (29)
Curmudgeon (29)
snowman (28)

Unbelievable. I just made a lengthy response, quoting many disparaging remarks against me. In which I made some disparaging remarks in return, including your "this thread should die" and my Phone dies..

I am not looking to rewrite the many quotes again. It's all in here. Meanwhile IF PARL or another MOD wishes to close this thread, then so be it. Otherwise I will continue as long as others respond.

I've a hunch the mods would appreciate it if you toned it down a bit (I'm referring to the detailed post by SMTBSI above where he summarized the way you've been looking down to others). If you think anybody is making disparaging remarks against you, then report the post and let the mods handle it. Otherwise, you are adding fuel to the fire.

As for this thread, it was a knee-jerk reaction to the Celtics' slow start. The team has the second-best record as I type, so maybe it's time to acknowledge that it's really not broken, so no fix needed. It just needs a bit of polish and time.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#172 » by playa-hater » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:23 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
Spoiler:
SMTBSI wrote:Fully aware that you're fixating on this one thing to dodge my other comments, but what the heck.

I've a hunch the mods would appreciate it if you toned it down a bit (I'm referring to the detailed post by SMTBSI above where he summarized the way you've been looking down to others). If you think anybody is making disparaging remarks against you, then report the post and let the mods handle it. Otherwise, you are adding fuel to the fire.

As for this thread, it was a knee-jerk reaction to the Celtics' slow start. The team has the second-best record as I type, so maybe it's time to acknowledge that it's really not broken, so no fix needed. It just needs a bit of polish and time.

No problem..I will do my part.
SMTBSI
RealGM

Post#173 » by SMTBSI » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:57 am

playa-hater wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:I've a hunch the mods would appreciate it if you toned it down a bit (I'm referring to the detailed post by SMTBSI above where he summarized the way you've been looking down to others). If you think anybody is making disparaging remarks against you, then report the post and let the mods handle it. Otherwise, you are adding fuel to the fire.

I should have been more charitable as well. Some of my complaints are very sincere, but the charge I levied of you grandstanding in this thread was unnecessary, especially when you have no prior history of doing so. There were better ways to express my concerns than coming in throwing fire.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#174 » by playa-hater » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:11 am

SMTBSI wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:I've a hunch the mods would appreciate it if you toned it down a bit (I'm referring to the detailed post by SMTBSI above where he summarized the way you've been looking down to others). If you think anybody is making disparaging remarks against you, then report the post and let the mods handle it. Otherwise, you are adding fuel to the fire.

I should have been more charitable as well. Some of my complaints are very sincere, but the charge I levied of you grandstanding in this thread was unnecessary, especially when you have no prior history of doing so. There were better ways to express my concerns than coming in throwing fire.

No problem my brother. And I will continue to try to improve Expressing my views as well
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#175 » by SmartWentCrazy » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:21 pm

Has this thread aged well yet or was the victory lap after game 10 a tad premature?
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#176 » by SmartWentCrazy » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:23 pm

Kemba right now is killing this team. Our lack of good players is killing this team. How do we fix this? Pretending its not a problem doesnt seem to be working.
Squigglepuffin
Junior
And1: 300

Post#177 » by Squigglepuffin » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:32 pm

playa-hater wrote:I wonder if Boston could get C Wood for 2 protected 1sts. Or even better, Theis + two 1sts for C Wood and Tucker..

No chance
sprash9802
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,339

Post#178 » by sprash9802 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:36 pm

You need players of value to trade and the only ones on this team that have any are the ones you really want to hold on to. In other words, we are screwed. Unless there is an idiot GM who would give us multiple picks for Kemba, this is the roster we have for this year. This is a fireable offense, IMO. The Nets trade was supposed to have finished our rebuild for us. But with the lack of assetts, we may be looking at another, longer one.
'Mate, you just dropped the World Cup'
-Steve Waugh, the Australian captain, after S. African fielder Herschelle Gibbs dropped his catch in the 1999 Cricket World Cup in England. Australia went on to win the World Cup.
Squigglepuffin
Junior

Post#179 » by Squigglepuffin » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:45 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:Kemba right now is killing this team. Our lack of good players is killing this team. How do we fix this? Pretending its not a problem doesnt seem to be working.

The lack of depth most likely can't be fixed this season.

Danny could potentially make a trade resulting in a slight upgrade but for the most part, aside from potential buyouts there is no immediate solution.

The lack of depth can be fixed during the offseason by signing the right players to fill out the bench.

We drafted poorly the past two drafts and now it's coming back to bite us.
Squigglepuffin
Junior

Post#180 » by Squigglepuffin » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:52 pm

sprash9802 wrote:You need players of value to trade and the only ones on this team that have any are the ones you really want to hold on to.

Yep. We're stuck unless that trade exception leads to anything substantial.

A lot of the trades people are proposing seem to forget that both teams need to give up something of value. Real value.

Return to Boston Celtics