ImageImageImage

It's the Final Countdown Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

CSL_1904
Veteran
And1: 3,479

Re: It's the Final Countdown Trade Thread 

Post#1681 » by CSL_1904 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:11 pm

What should be obvious after today is that Ainge just isn't doing a good job anymore. It's time to go.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,647

Post#1682 » by KGtabake » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:11 pm

bisme37 wrote:Not that he likely wants to come here, but are we interested in Aldridge?

I wish. Unfortunately it won't happen
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 14,085

Post#1683 » by jfs1000d » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:12 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
JediMasterRevan wrote:

at a cost of being able to improve in the offseason. and maybe being far worse come offseason if Evan walks

They're just moving the goalpost. We're not better than we were last year and that's what really matters.

Well, who wanted to keep Hayward?

This guy.

Me too. Should have kept and paid Gordon. But everyone here thinks that he wasn’t any good.

We went from Hayward to nothing, to fournier.

Do I like Fournier? Yup. Is he a good player and fills a need? Yup.

He isn’t better than Hayward thought a d it is only 28 games. Can we go 18-10?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 14,085

Post#1684 » by jfs1000d » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:13 pm

Gomes3PC wrote:Otto Porter is the guy if we actually are looking to win this year. Just play small, lots of wings, space the floor.

I am looking to win this year. I am not force feeding Romeo, Nesmith and Semi minutes. Porter comes in. Let him play.

Slax
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,783

Post#1685 » by Slax » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:13 pm

London2Boston wrote:Miami got dipo and kept Robinson and Herro?!

We are so far away from even the middle it’s sad :oops:

I'm probably going to get some flack for saying this, but... Dipo has not looked like a good/healthy player in years and has been significantly worse than Fournier so far this season. Bringing in Dipo is a desperation move where they are hoping he significantly improves back to the form he was in years ago because they had no other way to improve. The Heat may be better than us, but if so it's primarily because of the guys who were already on their roster, not because of who they are picking up mid-season. Personally I'm pretty skeptical the Heat even are better than us - I think both teams have played at a similar mediocre level and that luck and schedule can explain the literally one-game difference in the standings.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,647

Post#1686 » by KGtabake » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:14 pm

Safe to say, i'm disappointed.
Not so high on Fournier as others. Losing theis is sad but if Williams takes the mins, then it's a good thing.
Believable or unbelievable... we'll fight to make the playoffs.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
ShermansShoes
Junior
And1: 498

Post#1687 » by ShermansShoes » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:14 pm

JediMasterRevan wrote:
greenroom31 wrote:So did we keep the TPE or no? Too many posts to scroll through...

Nope, lost 17 million of that/

17 mill of TPE gone
4 second round picks
Theis
Green
Teague

for Fournier (will walk at end of season)
and Mo Wagner (who is also a free agent at end of season)

god I just threw up in my mouth

Damn dude.l you are all over Ainge. Show us on the doll where Danny hurt you.
Han shot first!
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,742

Post#1688 » by GoCeltics123 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:15 pm

I would give the deadline a C+. All Ainge did really is move the goal posts
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Post#1689 » by wco81 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:15 pm

Fournier is making $17.45 million this season.

He's 27 and a career 45/37.6 shooter, has shot close to 40% last season and this season.

Do the Celtics let him walk or think he will give them a discount, the way the fans here thought Horford and then Hayward would give the Celtics a discount?

Guess it depends on what kind of interest he draws in free agency.
sprash9802
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,339

Post#1690 » by sprash9802 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:15 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
Gomes3PC wrote:Otto Porter is the guy if we actually are looking to win this year. Just play small, lots of wings, space the floor.

I am looking to win this year. I am not force feeding Romeo, Nesmith and Semi minutes. Porter comes in. Let him play.

Are you real? LMAO!!! This team SUCKS!! They are below .500! Win what?? A participation trophy for the play-in game?? LMAO! They have quit on this season. This roster should've been blown up more. Why add more crew to a sinking ship??
'Mate, you just dropped the World Cup'
-Steve Waugh, the Australian captain, after S. African fielder Herschelle Gibbs dropped his catch in the 1999 Cricket World Cup in England. Australia went on to win the World Cup.
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#1691 » by themoneyteam2 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:15 pm

Yeah nothing Miami did today scares me lol. Dipo is not the same player you remember. Celtics I think got better with Fournier but the future is still unclear. Gonna need to dump Kemba's contract this offseason to have any semblance of financial flexibility going forward
LondonCeltics
Senior
And1: 502

Post#1692 » by LondonCeltics » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:17 pm

If someone who actually understands how contracts, the cap, luxury tax an' that works could explain, is this a sneaky move to write-off this season as it's clearly going nowhere to make some moves via trade or FA a year or two down the line? Still not comprehending today
TommyForever
Sophomore
And1: 152

Post#1693 » by TommyForever » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:18 pm

Y’all are mad at Ainge for not trading the players he drafted and are now all stars (and one first team all defender) that every team in the league wanted. Makes no sense.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,442

Post#1694 » by djFan71 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:18 pm

truth18 wrote:
31to6 wrote:
truth18 wrote:
FORUM IS TRASH EXCITED TO SEE IT BREAK

oh boy, truth18

enjoyed having you here for a bit, but man if you've got bigger and better things going then by all means go on and get back to them, no need to worry about us

SORRY NOT SORRY

AND DONT LIE YOU DIDNT REALLY ENJOY IT.

BACK TO HAUNTING YOUR DREAMS BYEEEEEEE

Spoiler:
I'll be back when y'all lose half the population here to rub it in more

Spoiler:
BLACK LIVES MATTER ON MY JERSEY WHAT

Just to make sure, you have an official 12 hours off.
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Post#1695 » by JediMasterRevan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:19 pm

If kemba moves to bench (what has to happen) we might see

Smart/kemba/pp
Fournier/romeo/edwards
Brown/nesmith/semi
Tatum/wagner/grantw
Timelord/thompson/kornet

I doubt brad does that though but more defense in starting lineup, scoring off bench and lots of rookie minutes.

But im sure brad goes with

Kemba/pritchard
Fournier/smart
Brown/semi
Tatum/grantw
Thonpson/timelord
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#1696 » by Andrew McCeltic » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:19 pm

Fournier may help our offensive flow, but.. as far as team chemistry, I wouldn’t have cycled out Theis, who is tough and hustles, Green, who hustles and occasionally makes energizing plays, and Teague, who is at least a veteran presence. And we don’t need the French Dwight Howard cracking jokes.

I think the malaise comes because this team made the ECF last year but they all know they have no shot this season. Why give effort every night when your ceiling has dipped so low? It’s demoralizing.
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#1697 » by JHTruth » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:19 pm

Celtics got marginally better now but really clearing the decks for the future.
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,407

Post#1698 » by theman » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:20 pm

Slax wrote:
London2Boston wrote:Miami got dipo and kept Robinson and Herro?!

We are so far away from even the middle it’s sad :oops:

I'm probably going to get some flack for saying this, but... Dipo has not looked like a good/healthy player in years and has been significantly worse than Fournier so far this season. Bringing in Dipo is a desperation move where they are hoping he significantly improves back to the form he was in years ago because they had no other way to improve. The Heat may be better than us, but if so it's primarily because of the guys who were already on their roster, not because of who they are picking up mid-season. Personally I'm pretty skeptical the Heat even are better than us - I think both teams have played at a similar mediocre level and that luck and schedule can explain the literally one-game difference in the standings.

Oledipo and Fournier have been relatively similar this year.

Oledipo was going to Miami in the off season anyways so Miami didn't need to give up anything to get him. Next time a big name free player is approaching free agency everyone needs to spread rumors he plans to sign with the Celtics in the off season. Then Boston can get him for nothing.
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,494

Post#1699 » by 31to6 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:20 pm

Spoiler:
truth18 wrote:
31to6 wrote:
truth18 wrote:
FORUM IS TRASH EXCITED TO SEE IT BREAK

oh boy, truth18

enjoyed having you here for a bit, but man if you've got bigger and better things going then by all means go on and get back to them, no need to worry about us

SORRY NOT SORRY

AND DONT LIE YOU DIDNT REALLY ENJOY IT.

BACK TO HAUNTING YOUR DREAMS BYEEEEEEE

[spoiler]I'll be back when y'all lose half the population here to rub it in more

Spoiler:
BLACK LIVES MATTER ON MY JERSEY WHAT
[/spoiler]

?
I honestly thought we had decent rapport back in the day and you were a big part of the board for a couple of years, then you rooted for the Raptors and told us off -- I don't remember what you got upset about, but I remember you said you were going to take all the 'cool' posters and start a Listserve or something? now it seems you're lurking, but really have a desire to prove something to us, so I don't know, hope all's well and maybe let people talk basketball here? the forum's been doing fine, no worries there.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,193

Post#1700 » by Darth Celtic » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:20 pm

JediMasterRevan wrote:
Ernest wrote:Sucks that Theis went to a bad team. My ideal trade this morning was Theis to the lakers for their first. Let hit get a ring and play on a good team- he deserves it. Class act, good teammate, never got a break from the refs.

Bad team? Chicago is better than us now.

I'll take that bet. Sig bet for 30 days on who wins. Which ever team has the better record at the end of the season % wise wins.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets

Return to Boston Celtics