ImageImageImage

Coronavirus/COVID-19

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,456

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19 

Post#1841 » by SichtingLives » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:59 pm

SMTBSI wrote:Anyone else ever find it strange to be reminded that people on the internet are real human beings, with actual talents and interesting lives, etc.? Sure, you're all Celtic Family, but it's always kind of jarring to me to put a face to a handle. I've always tried to stay anonymous on the internet. I do sometimes wonder if that's overly paranoid...

Anyway, good stuff, man. I don't know what I was expecting when I clicked, but that was pretty darned good.

SuperDeluxe wrote:Yes, that was very cool. I don't know what I was expecting based on my perceived image of Jurry either, but it was definitely not this type of music :D

OldCeltics wrote:Ma boiiiii.. This **** is fire. Love your song.

Thanks guys. This was a "ghost post" which is when I take my sleeping pill, "go to bed" but apparently wake up and post $hit on the internet ala Roseanne Barr and don't realize I did til the next day. Typically I pop out of bed in the morning (or my case, afternoon) in a sudden panic and go "OH NO WHAT DID I DO!!!" and hope its not something too stupid, go and retrace my steps. But typically its just binge eating weird foods that don't go together then trying to figure out why I have the runs the next day. Check the trash....oh I made macaroni sardine soup in beef broth with balsamic viniagrette and jamaican jerk seasoning. makes sense.

This song is very random for me, much more subdued than usual. I'm actually trying to get all my original songs that have been sitting around the last few years recorded during this time but my sound engineering skills suck and I'm learning a new program on the fly so it's been challenging. But then I don't have **** else to do either and its nice to keep my mind focusing on something productive.
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,743

Post#1842 » by reload141 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:03 pm

Read on Twitter

We have brought in a new restriction in Australia because 2/3's of our infections are residents/citizens returning to Australia with Coronavirus.... as soon as they fly into the country no matter where that plane lands EVERYONE is transported to a hotel to quarantine for 14 days and it's policed as a full lockdown for that hotel with police/army ensuring it..

Of course people are complaining about staying in a 5-star hotel and getting fed 3 meals a day all for free.

:nonono:
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,456

Post#1843 » by SichtingLives » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:06 pm

This is probably a little evil but I don't think there's ever been a better year for April Fools ruses. Just hope people aren't too malicious or stupid about it.
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 7,262

Post#1844 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:36 pm

Jurry wrote:
SMTBSI wrote:Anyone else ever find it strange to be reminded that people on the internet are real human beings, with actual talents and interesting lives, etc.? Sure, you're all Celtic Family, but it's always kind of jarring to me to put a face to a handle. I've always tried to stay anonymous on the internet. I do sometimes wonder if that's overly paranoid...

Anyway, good stuff, man. I don't know what I was expecting when I clicked, but that was pretty darned good.

SuperDeluxe wrote:Yes, that was very cool. I don't know what I was expecting based on my perceived image of Jurry either, but it was definitely not this type of music :D

OldCeltics wrote:Ma boiiiii.. This **** is fire. Love your song.

Thanks guys. This was a "ghost post" which is when I take my sleeping pill, "go to bed" but apparently wake up and post $hit on the internet ala Roseanne Barr and don't realize I did til the next day. Typically I pop out of bed in the morning (or my case, afternoon) in a sudden panic and go "OH NO WHAT DID I DO!!!" and hope its not something too stupid, go and retrace my steps. But typically its just binge eating weird foods that don't go together then trying to figure out why I have the runs the next day. Check the trash....oh I made macaroni sardine soup in beef broth with balsamic viniagrette and jamaican jerk seasoning. makes sense.

This song is very random for me, much more subdued than usual. I'm actually trying to get all my original songs that have been sitting around the last few years recorded during this time but my sound engineering skills suck and I'm learning a new program on the fly so it's been challenging. But then I don't have **** else to do either and its nice to keep my mind focusing on something productive.

Well you did good this time. That track was something that should be heard. I really enjoyed it!

AND **** LOL at macaroni sardine soup in beef broth with balsamic viniagrette and jamaican jerk seasoning :lol:
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,647

Post#1845 » by K For Three » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:28 am

Jurry wrote:I wrote this song a few weeks ago when corono popped up. It is basically corona themed in a muted 'oh **** we're gonna die" way melancholy but a little sweet too. Anyway only took 2 days from conception to "mastering" which is crazy as it usually takes me months or years to get a song the way I like it. Well, here's cheers

https://soundcloud.com/twostreetsover/passengers-in-time

Wait, thats you in the song? Your song?

You are really good. :o
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1846 » by K For Three » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:41 am

Kemba For Three wrote:This thing is pretty bad.

I have not posted in a few days here, but was in the current affairs section at times.

I know of a man in his 70's a few towns away who is on a ventilator and might die from this virus. The sad thing is, his family isn't allowed to see him since it's so contagious.

Even worse? Nobody knows how he got it. He has only been to the grocery store a few times. :o But they have not tested his other family members since they don't have symptoms. :o

Have not seen these people in a long time, but they are friends of my folks and my folks are pretty shook up.

Have not let my parents leave the house at all. In the last week I been going out with a mask and gloves on. Hey it's tough times, hurts my makeup look but so be it.

I wipe off all my folks groceries with cleaning wipes before bringing it in their house and I leave my shoes in the garage when I visit them with my mask on and we don't hug or kiss lately.

I have a ton of gloves so it's not a problem to re-use several and clean my own hands a lot.

Strict measures but they both have underlying health issues. (my dad had stents put in years ago and is pre-diabetic and my mom has high blood pressure and takes meds for it)

With me and my sister it's different. We're younger and we aren't as careful with one another alone but neither of us has any symptoms.

Been mostly chilling with my sister lately and we kind of combined everything together. So everything one of us has we share it.

And my sister is a classic hoarder over time so she is a good person to know. :wink:

Update. This man sounds like he has organ failure developing. Not sure how much longer he has. :(

Update #2. They did try some experimental "GAME CHANGING" drugs on him, nothing has worked. :( hydroxychloroquine did not work on him etc. Not sure what else they tried.

Not sure if this old man I know of was given Remdesivir either though since I am not super close to the situation. Remdesivir is an actual anti viral though that I believe was used in Ebola cases, they think it might be better now.

But my gut feeling is (and based on the daily count of cases and deaths) that they have not "hit" on a drug or combo yet that works for everyone.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1847 » by K For Three » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:49 am

And in NBA news, KD and Kyrie are looking for veteran talent to come quarantine with them in Brooklyn for when basketball resumes in 5 years.

Run don't walk to be traded to Brooklyn right now. Bring your own masks and gloves.

Am I being insensitive? I don't know but I think it's funny how they try to pop in NBA stories randomly for clicks during this off period.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1848 » by K For Three » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:05 am

Froob wrote:Me right now

Me right now:

KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#1849 » by KGboss » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:08 am

Players only 2k tournament this weekend!

Whose doing game threads?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1850 » by K For Three » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:11 am

Living in America during the Covid-19 pandemic:

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 55,078

Post#1851 » by Parliament10 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:32 am

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 55,078

Post#1852 » by Parliament10 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:34 am

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,840

Post#1853 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:43 am

reload141 wrote:
Read on Twitter

We have brought in a new restriction in Australia because 2/3's of our infections are residents/citizens returning to Australia with Coronavirus.... as soon as they fly into the country no matter where that plane lands EVERYONE is transported to a hotel to quarantine for 14 days and it's policed as a full lockdown for that hotel with police/army ensuring it..

Of course people are complaining about staying in a 5-star hotel and getting fed 3 meals a day all for free.

:nonono:

Should have saved some money and just put these fools up in some military barracks. :lol:
Slax
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,796

Post#1854 » by Slax » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:45 am

Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Huh, that's a great spot for a temporary hospital. A lot of space, near transit and lots of parking, centrally located in Queens which is one of the most heavily affected boroughs. I wonder if they'll try to expand it even more and throw up tents to take advantage of some of the outdoor space in the area.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 94,352

Post#1855 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:50 am

I mean... this is how I (used to) pick my nose (when face-touching was still allowed).
Read on Twitter
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1856 » by K For Three » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:01 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:I mean... this is how I (used to) pick my nose (when face-touching was still allowed).
Read on Twitter

Having never have had a test like this done, doesn't this scare anyone else with how far in they stick that thing? :o Can't they just stick it a tiny bit in the nose and call it a day?

I mean they say you can just maybe feel it for a second then maybe a second later or whatever.

I would probably tranquilize myself first.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#1857 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:07 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

How the hell are still people treating this pandemic casually? I think I'll stick to my anxiety and overreaction if it means keeping me and my loved ones alive.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1858 » by K For Three » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:08 am

For the record nobody is putting anything that far into my body without a serious relationship being discussed first with the person doing it.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#1859 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:24 am

Good. Can't be business as usual.
Read on Twitter
denmuscles
Pro Prospect
And1: 620

Post#1860 » by denmuscles » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:11 am

Hey guys,

I have not been here as much since I learned about my sister being ill with corona virus. She is a flight attendant for 9 years with the same airline. They basically told them not to wear masks or gloves during flights as it makes people anxious. Not sure how she got it. She is healthy doesn’t have any issues at all. Still experiencing loss of smell and food that just tastes metallic. So even when she is hungry the good tasting food tastes like metal which caused her to lose a good amount of weight. She is doing fine her oxygen was at 88 for a few hours yesterday and now its around 94-96.

- medical staff over whelmed and untrained properly

- sharing and re using & washing same PPE

- many staff members end up quitting walking.

- people who dont have covid 19 but are really sick are told to stay home which then backfires as patients call 911 and then they have to fight for beds.

There is a lot of stuff in these hospitals that happens that we will never see.

Its a chaos and we were not prepared for this.

Thanks to everyone and all the positivity you guys spread my ways.

Return to Boston Celtics