ImageImageImage

Anthony Davis Trade Thread Shimmies to #8

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Re: Anthony Davis Trade Thread Shimmies to #8 

Post#1961 » by greenbeans » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:36 am

Triple7 wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:
Ed Pinkney wrote:

I would gladly take that trouble. Having talented 20 years olds with playoff experience and rookie scale contracts is actually a good thing.
Nah man. We want to win a title.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

We are not winning a title next year :lol:

The Toronto Raptors just won a title, let's not go crying away next year before the offseason's even started
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,626

Post#1962 » by jirrit » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:38 am

Get it **** done Ainge, we’re cringing for a deal
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 14,085

Post#1963 » by jfs1000d » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:38 am

Taget wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:Boston winters are fine, it’s not like Minnesota or Buffalo, and if you’re Anthony Davis rich you’re going to be driving on a heated seat from underground parking garage to underground parking garage, looking out the window of your luxury apartment at the leaves and snow..

I don’t get the way free agents have always liked Phoenix - that city gets stupid hot

Having lived in Boston I'd agree. But go anywhere south of Boston and people see Boston winters in apocalyptic terms. They think of awful blizzards and endless snow. Are Boston and New York winters all that different? Not really. But better believe people in New York think they are!

People from the south are soft.

That's entirely my experience after 40 years on earth.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 14,085

Post#1964 » by jfs1000d » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:40 am

We should pull out. Or make a final offer and then move on. Kyrie is gone, this is what happens when you rely on someone who is weird to guide you. I just want to have a normal player who isn't emotional and moody.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#1965 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:46 am

The Corey's wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:
Ed Pinkney wrote:

I would gladly take that trouble. Having talented 20 years olds with playoff experience and rookie scale contracts is actually a good thing.

If Kyrie walks, we get nothing for him, and we miss on Davis, it’ll be interesting to see how plan B goes. We could have 15-20 million in cap space, depending on Horford’s new contract, if we renounce Morris and Rozier.. there are ways past that to get to a max slot.. or to do something like Jaylen for Beal straight up..

again, that new cap space is gonna be used on the likes of brown and tatum.

we cant lose those cap holds or were ****.

We could just keep Morris and Rozier and use the MLE on Rubio, then the MEM pick, and be in decent shape.. we’ve been constructing a Sacramento-level rebuild under the surface.. trade up or out of this draft..

Rubio/Rozier
Jaylen/Smart
Hayward/Ojeleye
Tatum/Morris/Yabu
Horford/Baynes/Theis/Williams

We’d be a luxury tax team again, and a trade or two away.. but we’d be at least as good as the team Hayward signed onto pre-Kyrie..

Or, trade Horford for Capela or Adams and move Hayward to a good situation - say, Miami, for Winslow and a player flipped to a third team.. Let Rozier and Morris walk..

Smart/
Jaylen/rookie
Winslow/Ojeleye
Tatum/Yabu/rookie
Capela/Baynes/Theis/Williams

That leaves open a max cap slot to sign a player or absorb salary in a trade - say, Yabu, Williams and a 1st for Conley.. we’d have 7 million left under the cap at that point.. could send Rozier to MEM too..

Conley/Smart
Jaylen/rookie
Winslow/Ojeleye
Tatum/Theis/rookie-or-vet signing
Capela/Baynes

Perfect steady hand vet point guard on short money, room to extend Jaylen without going into luxury tax territory, the Memphis pick (no way Conley costs that), and Smart, Justise and Capela on good contracts.

Smart and Capela are young vets, Winslow is an elite defender and decent three point shooter who has flashed a point forward game and is still only 23, with room to grow on offense - we’d be the best defensive team in the league, and it would be put up or shut up time for Brown and Tatum as options 1A and 1B..

Conley has flip value, and you could try to do something like Smart/Jaylen/Baynes for Bradley Beal..

Or Conley and Smart would be tempting to the usual point guard-desperate teams - Orlando, Phoenix, Cleveland, New York, Utah, Detroit..

You’d also be in the conversation for the next unhappy stars.. Capela and the MEM pick could probably get you close to a deal for Towns, if he starts grumbling..

Return to Boston Celtics